Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New York City EDITION [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York City EDITION [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:49 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Would Suite Night Awards be worth attempting to use here on an award stay?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by touringuy
Would Suite Night Awards be worth attempting to use here on an award stay?
Cannot use SNAs at EDITION properties.

If you're referring to next year's upgrade awards, perhaps if you can get the clock tower suite, maybe. No idea if it's in the pool until next year though.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:59 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Eh, the staff here is friendlier than at the STR, but I don’t see much of a reason to return - here are my impressions:
  • No upgrade beyond the Superior King I booked - I asked at check-in and was told they didn’t have the staff to clean the rooms since it was New Year’s - almost all room types showed available online
  • Destination fee includes a $35 lobby bar credit, but it explicitly excludes usage on the day of checkout, so it can’t be used for breakfast if you’re staying one night
  • I pushed back on them about the upgrade and credit issue after going up to my room and fuming a bit, and they offered to waive the destination fee, which worked for me
  • Staff was consistently friendly with good attitudes, even though I didn’t always love what they were saying
  • Bed is okay - covers need thickening, pillows were too soft, and mattress is a bit “firm” in an older way (not terrible, still slept fine)
  • Shower pressure is basically okay, but I couldn’t remove the wand so not sure of the point of that - the rainfall is decent-ish - won’t blow you away
  • View towards Downtown from 25th floor is fantastic
  • Hallway noise isolation isn’t great
  • Delivered Edition-scented candle as welcome gift
  • No issue with 4 PM checkout
  • Very soft and plush towels

I don’t see much of a reason to return as the room comfort didn’t blow me away, and you don’t get breakfast.

Photos:

Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:02 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
We had almost exactly the same room when we stayed here. I was also not upgraded at all, despite rooms showing for sale, although I was on a five night stay. I don't think US EDITIONs give a toss about Marriott status tbh.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:17 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
We had almost exactly the same room when we stayed here. I was also not upgraded at all, despite rooms showing for sale, although I was on a five night stay. I don't think US EDITIONs give a toss about Marriott status tbh.
I must admit I was surprised, especially seeing reports of upgrades on this thread. I understand that people should have holidays off, but the excuse of no staff threw me back to pandemic times. They also had Housekeeping staff active doing turndowns - perhaps skip turndowns and clean potential room upgrades instead? I digress…
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
No upgrade beyond the Superior King I booked - I asked at check-in and was told they didn’t have the staff to clean the rooms since it was New Year’s - almost all room types showed available online
At least they vary the script occasionally - I've always gotten the "sorry we're booked full."

The location is so good, it's a shame they're so stingy with the hospitality (in literally every possible direction). They've never given me any reason to return.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I must admit I was surprised, especially seeing reports of upgrades on this thread. I understand that people should have holidays off, but the excuse of no staff threw me back to pandemic times. They also had Housekeeping staff active doing turndowns - perhaps skip turndowns and clean potential room upgrades instead? I digress…
I can't speak for hotels, but my building has had an exceptionally hard time retaining front desk staff (e.g. we hired someone on Monday, they quit by Thursday). I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a labor shortage in hospitality right now.

Originally Posted by Kacee
At least they vary the script occasionally - I've always gotten the "sorry we're booked full."

The location is so good, it's a shame they're so stingy with the hospitality (in literally every possible direction). They've never given me any reason to return.
I've always been treated well by this property, but maybe I also just have really low expectations for Manhattan. The location is largely the reason to book this property though. I don't love any of the other properties in Midtown anyway.

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I imagine this property gets enough guaranteed traffic from Credit Suisse next door that they're pretty consistently full. I'd go even further and say most US luxury properties don't give a toss about status. I've always been treated very well by this property, but I suspect it's more due to being a repeat guest rather than pure status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.