Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New York City EDITION [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York City EDITION [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 4:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
How can they afford to provide UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL calling?
VOIP
dgreen12 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Kacee
VOIP
Calling exotic countries like Comoros or Madagascar costs around $0.50 per minute on VOIP
Old May 25, 2019, 12:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I also doubt there are that many calls to the Comoros from New York Edition guests.
dgreen12 and Kacee like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Calling exotic countries like Comoros or Madagascar costs around $0.50 per minute on VOIP
Be sure to let us know how it worked out after you've stayed at the property and tried.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
I stayed at EDITION past week (usually stay @ W Union Sq) but I am not 100% sure whether I will come back - while the hotel is nicer than W (rooms are more modern, higher - was on 35th floor, location is slightly better), the rooms are not very useful (eg no wardrobe / place to put your bags), upgrade shenanigans when checking in, and loud A/C issue during week was not solved out - which got compensated by getting 10k points + suite for the last night.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 2:45 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Another EDITION upgrade with 0 previous Marriott stays

My friend came to NYC for his birthday and booked this hotel fully on points. He has credit card gold status and 0 stays at Marriotts. Got upgraded to a great suite. Loves the hotel but said the bar was unbelievably packed.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:04 pm

Good for your friend. I’m Titanium with hundreds of lifetime Marriott stays and didn’t get upgraded on my current stay. I enjoyed my stay here in 2017, but the hotel has not aged gracefully. Furniture looks rough, carpet looks worse, and the room in general isn’t very clean (some pictures below to illustrate). Very disappointing, and hardly worth the cost (whether cash or points).

Edition signature candle, with dust and chocolate from who knows when

Mildew in shower

Dust (and maybe bugs) in bathroom mirror

Dust build-up on headboard
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
WRT no upgrade Titanium upgrade:

That’s interesting. I have a light weekend so will try my luck for a staycation out of curiosity.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:46 am

Upgraded to the loft suite as an Ambassador. Asked for something better and they said they were all sold out. I checked the app and it seems to be truthful. Room is fine and the service so far has been excellent. They gave me a delicious dark chocolate cake. Full review and pics up soon.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Looking forward to the review
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:30 am

Received Loft Suite as Lifetime Titanium for 2 nights stay. The tub is a huge plus for me.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:23 am

When I stayed here (one time only) we received the loft studio we paid for (around $800/night). It was a poor room assignment, behind the clock with limited windows. The sofa was stained, the bed was hard, and the bathroom tiny with limited toiletries (had to call down multiple times to get a second bar of soap for the shower). The room was dominated by the weird massive wooden desk. There was literally nowhere to put our clothes except opening the suitcases on the floor and stacking them there. There was no benefit to status at all beyond a late checkout.

The location is great but I would never stay again.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:12 am

Not going to post a review on IG until I catch up with my hotel backlog but

Pros:

Clean, modern rooms with a minimalist style that appeals to a younger audience

Unbeatable location with no credible hotel competition nearby. There is so much amazing food in the area. Even on a staycation (my stays here), I don’t think it’s worth worrying about free hotel breakfast. Get something great nearby!

Very great service with excellent attention to detail. They arranged a full cake welcome amenity. Delicious! Doormen were super friendly and I ended up having a nice chat with one of them about the new MSP dog run. Staffed with great people!

Main entrance is not on Madison Ave so it is VERY convenient for Ubers as you do not feel rushed to get in or out

Great lobby bar with a good selection of whiskey

Cash rates are very competitive for NYC rn, especially given the hotel’s location. I spent 1.5x at the Equinox Hotel but this is superior in many ways

Cons:

Despite being across the street from EMP, they do not have a relationship with them wrt concierge reservations

I could hear my neighbor open and close their door very clearly

There is definitely noticeable wear on the rooms but it was nothing out of the ordinary for my case.

There are no coffee pots/hot water kettles in the rooms

Clocktower is closed for everything but dinner and only open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday (the welcome sheet says otherwise but it’s out of date)

Last edited by WasKnown; Oct 24, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for the review - helpful and enough for me to keep my stay in a few weeks.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Thanks for the review - helpful and enough for me to keep my stay in a few weeks.
No worries. Hope to see your review here or on http://Reddit.com/r/marriott

It’s neither the most luxurious nor most expensive hotel in NYC. However, it is definitely an excellent hotel in an unbeatable location.

Also I just edited in some details into my post and a correction about clocktower
callmedtop likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.