Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New York City EDITION [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York City EDITION [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:00 pm

I stayed there two nights on points last week and my experience was quite different. Other than the tiny room, absurd for 50k points, I found the staff very pleasant particularly the concierge Francesca and front desk. The private car is a nice perk that we used to go to dinner in Greenwich Village.

The bed was fantastic, the 42" TV was on arms that could be positioned right in front of you in bed and it is equipped with Netflix which I am really liking at hotels. We were on the go 10-12 hrs a day so the small room wasn't that big of a deal but with two suitcases it gets very busy. We checked into the Times Square Hilton after this and our room was HUGE in comparison.

There is a Shake Shack right across the street in Madison Sq park. There is a really good coffee shop/bakery called Gregorys down 24th street in the other direction (East). There is a fantastic upscale grocery store called Eataly down 23rd St.between 6th and 7th ave. The on-property restaurant, Clocktower, is very good but very busy. We tried to get in at 10:30 PM with no res and we just barely got seated right before the kitchen closed.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report & info re: eateries in the area.

Cheers.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Considering a pointsavers award at this hotel (40k points) and wondering what elite benefits are like here? Free brekkie for plats, likelihood of room upgrades, etc. Any advice much appreciated.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by am13
Considering a pointsavers award at this hotel (40k points) and wondering what elite benefits are like here? Free brekkie for plats, likelihood of room upgrades, etc. Any advice much appreciated.
No free breakfast at New York Edition or London Edition.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ral1
No free breakfast at New York Edition or London Edition.
Or Miami Edition. Think the free brekkie for Plats is now gone at Editions. So free wifi & possible upgrade is about it. Also a reminder that incidental spend doesn't earn points at Editions.

Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Anyone else think find this to a bit frustrating? Platinum benefits aren't great to begin with (no suite upgrades, etc.) and all these brand exclusions for where breakfast/lounge access/points on incidentals aren't part of the benefits? I guess I'll stick to the JW for +5k more...Worth it for the points on incidental spend and breakfast IMO.

I really hope Marriott learns from SPG from the loyalty program front, as they say they're going to "combine the best elements of both programs"
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Okay, this hotel takes the cake for 2nd noisiest central heating and cooling system after Hilton Times Square. My goodness, it sounds like someone is falling down the shaft each them it turns on or shuts off.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Okay, this hotel takes the cake for 2nd noisiest central heating and cooling system after Hilton Times Square. My goodness, it sounds like someone is falling down the shaft each them it turns on or shuts off.
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
No problem.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:09 am

And once again, having stayed at both properties back-to -back recently I didn't notice this at all. I wonder if it pertains to certain parts/rooms of the hotels.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Da5id
And once again, having stayed at both properties back-to -back recently I didn't notice this at all. I wonder if it pertains to certain parts/rooms of the hotels.
Well, i won't debate the fact that it happens in some rooms and not others. I've been to hotels where i switch rooms and everything was okay.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I know this property doesn't offer much in terms of elite benefits (no breakfast, no lounge, etc), but how successful has everyone been with room upgrades?

I am just a Gold and was thinking of booking a Fri-Sun stay in a Deluxe room (to guarantee at least 30sqm ). Anyone have any guesses what my chances would be of an upgrade to a studio, loft, or suite?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:41 am

My experience is that chances are low, but like anything availability is most important factor. I for one do not like the Edition hotels b/c of the lack of elite Benefits. Doesn't seem like they are building as many of them as they originally planned or at least not as quickly.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:44 pm

I wish I had read this prior to staying here last weekend. I thought it was the elevator making all the noise but HVAC makes more sense. Great hotel but this flaw is fatal.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
I just booked three nights here through AMEX FH&R over Labor Day weekend. I've read nothing but mixed reviews on this property so we'll see how my experience stacks up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.