Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Thank you for your advice. I did as you recommended, and they approved it. ^
You're welcome.

And thanks for the update. Enjoy. Seeing the rate you received, I know you will!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
One question that I am sure have been asked before: What if a rate is available on a 3rd party website but no rates at all on marriott.com? I guess you're screwed , yes?

Many thx
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by X-ON
One question that I am sure have been asked before: What if a rate is available on a 3rd party website but no rates at all on marriott.com? I guess you're screwed , yes?

Many thx
I think so. They are sticklers for comparing exact rates to exact rates, so without a comparison they can't guarantee any pricing.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:24 pm

LNF sumbmission down

At the moment you cant submit any LNF claims.
When you hit submit you get:
General Error
We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again
https://www.marriott.com/error.mi

Do this happen often?

EDIT: ohh its up and running again
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
What if a rate is available on a 3rd party website but no rates at all on marriott.com?
I find this a lot. I hope Marriott adopts SPG's methodology, but I'm not holding my breath.

The only way I've thought of to get around it would be to get a Platinum to book the room using guaranteed availability and file the claim based on that.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:31 pm

hey guys, is there anyway to submit a competing rate that is on a mobile app? Hotels.com and expedia often runs mobile only deals that are about 5% cheaper, but I don't know how to get it to show on a desktop for submission. Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by babypuwet
hey guys, is there anyway to submit a competing rate that is on a mobile app? Hotels.com and expedia often runs mobile only deals that are about 5% cheaper, but I don't know how to get it to show on a desktop for submission. Thanks
You need to put that in the comment box - just let them know how you found the lower rate.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:52 am

Rant on

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the LNF agent to calculate the exclusive of tax rate and service charge correctly when you have found a rate denominated in a non G7 currency and the 3rd party site is inclusive of taxes and service charge. On top of it the taxes are both of a fixed amount and in %. I have tried everything, even replied with a excel sheet where your only input is number of occupants, number of nights, exchange rate and the rate inclusive of taxes and service charge.

​​​​​Do they even bother to read the comments? I automatically populate a comment section when I run my spreadsheet with a step my step instruction that a10 year old could do the conversion...
​​​​​
RateEx=FX×(RateObs-nrpeople×nrnights×fixTax/FX) /(1.10×1.08)

​​​​​​I mean, it's probably not the simplest net rate calculation you can find but it is very very very basic math what kind of people are actually working in the LNF team... These kind of net rate calculations should be their bread and butter but I wonder if some of them can even sit on chairs....

Should I put the already tax and charge stripped rate expressed in the marriott quote currency? My fear then is that then they will complain that they can't find the rate, even you written extensivly in the comments on how to find and convert the 3rd party site rate, since they can't be bothered with reading the comment section.
​​​
Resubmiting the claim....

Rant over

​​​

Last edited by X-ON; Mar 15, 2017 at 10:23 am
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Rant on

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the LNF agent to calculate the exclusive of tax rate and service charge correctly when you have found a rate denominated in a non G7 currency and the 3rd party site is inclusive of taxes and service charge. On top of it the taxes are both of a fixed amount and in %. I have tried everything, even replied with a excel sheet where your only input is number of occupants, number of nights, exchange rate and the rate inclusive of taxes and service charge.

​​​​​Do they even bother to read the comments? I automatically populate a comment section when I run my spreadsheet with a step my step instruction that a10 year old could do the conversion...
​​​​​
RateEx=FX×(RateObs-nrpeople×nrnights×fixTax/FX) /(1.10×1.08)

​​​​​​I mean, it's probably not the simplest net rate calculation you can find but it is very very very basic math what kind of people are actually working in the LNF team... These kind of net rate calculations should be their bread and butter but I wonder if some of them can even sit on chairs....

Should I put the already tax and charge stripped rate expressed in the marriott quote currency? My fear then is that then they will complain that they can't find the rate, even you written extensivly in the comments on how to find and convert the 3rd party site rate, since they can't be bothered with reading the comment section.
​​​
Resubmiting the claim....

Rant over

​​​
Been there myself - the LNF team simply refused to look at it. I had to gave up after they said they have made their final decision. My advice is the same as what you have done: cancel and refile if the lower rate is available.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:25 am

Booked a rate at Marriott CDG for 168.45 euros, found a rate on "getaroom.com" for 149 euros. First claim was denied, emailed back & got a different rep, claim was approved and got the room for 106 euros...was pleased to see this work out & get a good deal.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:37 am

The policy requires that reservations have the same terms. What if cancellation terms are slightly different?

Marriott allows cancellation up to 6pm on the first day, while a much cheaper (about 40% off) Expedia rate only allows cancellation up to 11:59pm on the prior day.

This is for a hotel in Japan and Marriott is priced in JPY while Expedia is in USD. Does that matter?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
I have a similar issue with taxes and service charges.

My comparison rate INCLUDES taxes and service charges. The LNF agents that have responded to my numerous emails simply added taxes to the LNF rate that already included taxes (instead of taking off the taxes first).

Is that a norm or do I just need to keep trying?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
The policy requires that reservations have the same terms. What if cancellation terms are slightly different?

Marriott allows cancellation up to 6pm on the first day, while a much cheaper (about 40% off) Expedia rate only allows cancellation up to 11:59pm on the prior day.

This is for a hotel in Japan and Marriott is priced in JPY while Expedia is in USD. Does that matter?
I think that's acceptable. I think the problem is when one is cancellable and the other is not.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by cattwl
I have a similar issue with taxes and service charges.

My comparison rate INCLUDES taxes and service charges. The LNF agents that have responded to my numerous emails simply added taxes to the LNF rate that already included taxes (instead of taking off the taxes first).

Is that a norm or do I just need to keep trying?
Reply back to the email they sent with the approval and do the math for them and hope they understand/agree.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
The policy requires that reservations have the same terms.
The answer. Right there. Any different result would be an error by the agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.