Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
I mean that voucher sites that typically weren't allowed outside North America are now allowed as comparisons...
Thanks.

Saw that about vouchers awhile ago. Got my hopes up on copupons. Oh well.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:19 am

LNF is awesome. Just got a really good deal on a property at a rate that's pretty much a joke....
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:48 pm

deleted
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, United Gold, Hawaiian Platinum, Hertz Pres Circle
Thumbs up Marriot Mesa AZ

Booked 4 nights on marriott.com @ $107 per night (which I thought was a pretty good rate!) Then checked out hotels.com. They had rooms at $80 per night. I did book on them, but canceled prior to the 24 hr rule and sent Marriott a claim. I didn't recieve an email or anything, but when I looked back on my original booking, they modified the rate from $107 to $70 per night.

Nice job, Marriott!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Originally Posted by Somewhere in the Pacific
I did book on them, but canceled prior to the 24 hr rule and sent Marriott a claim. I didn't recieve an email or anything, but when I looked back on my original booking, they modified the rate from $107 to $70 per night.

Nice job, Marriott!
That's interesting. It's nice to know they made an adjustment to a cancelled reservation.

Also check your spam folder for the email. They usually send an email, denied or accepted.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Originally Posted by Somewhere in the Pacific
Booked 4 nights on marriott.com @ $107 per night (which I thought was a pretty good rate!) Then checked out hotels.com. They had rooms at $80 per night. I did book on them, but canceled prior to the 24 hr rule and sent Marriott a claim. I didn't recieve an email or anything, but when I looked back on my original booking, they modified the rate from $107 to $70 per night.

Nice job, Marriott!
But why $70/night? Shouldn't it be $60/night?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:46 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Filed a claim beginning this week. Found a rate on hotels.com that was 50% cheaper. (hotel was Renaissance Santiago)

In retrospect it turned out that I had been a little quick. Claim was denied because the room offered on hotels.com included breakfast and a credit for food/drinks.

Funny though that they deny such claims although the rate comes with extras and is still cheaper. I do know that it's 100% correct according to the t&c.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Filed a claim beginning this week. Found a rate on hotels.com that was 50% cheaper. (hotel was Renaissance Santiago)

In retrospect it turned out that I had been a little quick. Claim was denied because the room offered on hotels.com included breakfast and a credit for food/drinks.

Funny though that they deny such claims although the rate comes with extras and is still cheaper. I do know that it's 100% correct according to the t&c.
Doesn't sound like you should have been denied. Did you reply quoting terms and conditions?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Tested LNF, got denied. They sent a huge amount of terms abd conditions , then stated that they could see my rate but that when they tried to book it the inventory ran out

Not overly impressed. I could still see it and go to booking it but they claimed no. Cancelled my marriott booking. Not impressed at all. I sure hope Marriott LNf/BRG is not like IHGs joke of a program!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
Tested LNF, got denied. They sent a huge amount of terms abd conditions , then stated that they could see my rate but that when they tried to book it the inventory ran out

Not overly impressed. I could still see it and go to booking it but they claimed no. Cancelled my marriott booking. Not impressed at all. I sure hope Marriott LNf/BRG is not like IHGs joke of a program!
Marriott's brg is nothing like ihg. I've used successfully many many times to save tons of money. Marriott do have their terms and conditions but they are far less restrictive than ihg...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Marriott's brg is nothing like ihg. I've used successfully many many times to save tons of money. Marriott do have their terms and conditions but they are far less restrictive than ihg...
Thats good to know! 👍 This was my first experience and like I said I was not impressed. But I will give them another try! Moved the stay they denied over to neighboring Hyatt instead! The lower rate is clearly available so not sure why they claim otherwise...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
Thats good to know! 👍 This was my first experience and like I said I was not impressed. But I will give them another try! Moved the stay they denied over to neighboring Hyatt instead! The lower rate is clearly available so not sure why they claim otherwise...
Email them back to check again as you are still seeing it.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by zh1xiong
But why $70/night? Shouldn't it be $60/night?
I find that sometimes the LNF team can make mistakes in their calculations.

And sometimes they are in your favor.🙂
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Email them back to check again as you are still seeing it.
I emailed them three times they kept repeating the cut snd paste of the terms and conditions and that the rate had to be bookable WHEN THE CLAIM IS FIRST EVALUATED after three emails I gave up and booked the Hyatt regency down the street and used my DSU there
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:55 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Doesn't sound like you should have been denied. Did you reply quoting terms and conditions?
They do refer to the T&C themselves, this is their reply:

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, the guarantee does not apply to package rates that include the room and other components such as travel, car rental, entertainment, and/or non-breakfast meals. The guarantee also does not apply to package or group add-on rates that extend the length of a stay. According to our review, we have determined that the accommodations with which your comparison was made were for the following:

Standard room with food and beverage credit

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.
So food&beverage credit is a non-breakfast meal I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.