Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Kameha Grand Zurich, Autograph Collection (Switzerland) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kameha Grand Zurich, Autograph Collection (Switzerland) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Originally Posted by DFW DL
Full buffet breakfast in the restaurant as a LT Titanium, and I was not charged for parking (posted price CHF 30/night). Choice of 1,000 Bonvoy points or a CHF 10 F&B credit as the welcome amenity.
were these benefits explicitly mentioned as LT Titanium benefits ? I am also LT Titanium and would stay there this week if parking was indeed comped - I would stay elsewhere if it is 30,- as we just need a quick overnighter. thx
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Tram numbers 10, 11, and 12 all stop near this hotel.
Tram stop is called "Glattpark"

Trams 10 and 11 both connect to/from Zurich main train station (Haputbahnhof") but go to/from there via different routes. Journey takes about 20 to 25 minutes in both cases.

Trams 10 and 12 both connect to Zurich airport.

There are also 2 train (S-bahn) stops north of the hotel called "Opfikon" and "Glattbrugg".
Of these 2 S-bahn stations, "Glattbrugg" is more practical because tram numbers 10 and 12 pass right next to it.

There are 2 supermarkets called "Migros" and "Denner" right next to eachother close to the tram stop Glattpark . There is also a "Coop" supermarket a bit further north, and an "Aldi" supermarket a little bit south next to the gas/petrol station.

Various small restaurants in the surrounding streets including a fancy looking (and very expensive !) asian one called "Hongxi". No menus outside or in the window at the asian one...probably due to the very high prices. I paid around 100 CHF just by myself at this restaurant.

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 1, 2022 at 3:38 pm
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:18 am

This hotel has a mixed setup regarding windows that open for fresh air. In some rooms you can open the window and in others you cannot. If this is important to you, make sure you ask at reception before getting your room key.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:39 pm

Tip if you are here on a Sunday and need some essentials when all the supermarkets are closed.
The gas/petrol station MIGROL (just before the tram stop) is open on Sundays all day until 11pm at night and has a decent selection of food and drink.
Prices are higher than a standard supermarket of course.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:39 am

Email address of the hotel:

[email protected]
jonisflying likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:13 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
There's a brand new Luigia Italian restaurant that opened across the street by the way. I stayed at the Kameha last weekend.
I had a superior room and the windows couldn't be opened. Room 424, which is a connecting room to the (if I remember correctly) corner suite.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: Free agent
Word of warning, this hotel does not have air conditioning, they have any air recirculation system. If you read the TA reviews you will see reports of this going back to the opening. In Zurich it usually does not matter, but we just stayed when it was upper 80s during the day and only got down into the 70s at night. They have the key card requirement to activate the room, so the system hadn’t been running at all when we arrived at 8pm..

I bring a thermometer with me (yes, I’m an AC freak) and it was 82 degrees when we walked in to the room. I called them after it ran for about 15 minutes and the temp hadn’t budged. They said they’d send someone up. 30 minutes later no one had arrived, called again and was told by the front desk that due to Switzerland regulations they are not allowed to have A/C, that this system simply recirculated the air and that we should open a window. I went downstairs to speak to someone in person and a different front desk employee told me that the first girl had no idea what she was talking about, the A/C was working and we should be able to come to a system reset and it would get down to the 18 degrees marked on the thermostat. She suggested we open the windows to allow some of the 75 degree air outside to cool down our 82 degree room while the A/C got started, that she’d come back in 30 minutes to close them as they take a special key. She also said she’d send up a fan. The windows are somewhat useless, they barely open and there is a pane of glass outside of the window that prevents any airflow whatsoever from getting in.

30 minutes passes and nothing happens, temperature or her re-appearance. We had been downstairs in the bar waiting as it was about 5 degrees cooler in the lobby and bar, but still in the high 70s. When I went to the desk to talk to her there were two other guests standing there just getting started with this whole process, hearing the exact same word track from the front desk. I told them not to bother, the room hadn’t budged in over an hour. At this point they admit that the system is actually not air conditioning, and again blame a governmental regulation. I called the Park Hyatt Zurich while I was standing there and asked them if they had A/C (I’d stayed there a previous summer and there were no issues getting the room to temp) and they confirmed that their system was indeed A/C and could get the room to whatever temp the thermostat would allow tonight. The employee that told us the system wasn’t A/C to begin with was standing there, as was the other employee that claimed it just needed to be reset. I could keep going on with details, but it just kept getting more infuriating as the stories changed. Finally the front desk supervisor admitted that the room was not going to get any colder tonight that it was at this moment until the outside temp dropped. He and I walked up to the room together at 11:30pm and it was still 82 degrees with zero airflow. He apologized and told me they’d help me move my bags to another hotel.

We had an early flight the next day and had fully unpacked, so we stayed. I went to bed around 1am and it had dropped to 81 degrees, and when I woke up around 5am it was 79 degrees.

I had a meeting with the hotel manager the next morning and he insisted that all Switzerland hotels are under this regulation and that it simply wasn’t possible for them to have actual A/C. The other gentleman who had booked two rooms and had the same issues was down at the same time the next morning and pointed out that the hotel’s page with Marriott specifically says they have A/C. They do not have A/C. Yes, I know this probably applies for about 2-3 weeks a year for most of the population but I do not think you should be able to advertise A/C if you are not able to get your room more than 2-3 degrees colder than the outside temps. In our case our room stayed 6-8 degrees above the outside temp the entire time we were there.
est-gratuite and dgreen12 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
In Switzerland a lot of buildings don't have an AC because you need a permit. But it's completely false that all hotels don't have one....
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:01 pm

A much bigger problem is that most buildings built in Switzerland in the last 20 years are have been made in such a way to keep as much heat IN as possible to save on heating costs in the winter. As a consequence these building heat up tremendously in the summer time, even in residential buildings where you can open all the windows. As summers get longer and hotter every year, these buildings become ovens.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 4:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Any recent stays here? I'm looking at early November, and Air Conditioning (or lack thereof) won't be something that should concern me at that time of year!

I didn't seem to see much above about upgrades. Thoughts? Also, the comment on the water pressure being low... is that others experience as well?
Old Aug 12, 2023, 10:12 am

I wonder if they have found a solution to the hot rooms in summer.
I know they have a mixed set up for opening windows.
Some rooms have windows that open, and some don't open at all.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Aug 12, 2023 at 10:22 am
Old Aug 12, 2023, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
I wonder if they have found a solution to the hot rooms in summer.
I know they have a mixed set up for opening windows.
Some rooms have windows that open, and some don't open at all.
No, they haven't
Old Aug 13, 2023, 4:44 am

Let me try this again... any recent stays here? I will be staying in November and don't care about air conditionering.
  • There was a mention of bad water pressure, is that still the case?
  • I get it is dependent on a lot of factors, but curious of upgrades for Titaniums?
Thank you in advance!
Old Aug 13, 2023, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jonisflying
Let me try this again... any recent stays here? I will be staying in November and don't care about air conditionering.
  • There was a mention of bad water pressure, is that still the case?
  • I get it is dependent on a lot of factors, but curious of upgrades for Titaniums?
Thank you in advance!
never had an issue w/ water pressure there.

They upgrade pretty strictly (but somewhat consistently) one category (only) - assuming they have rooms available.
jonisflying likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
never had an issue w/ water pressure there.

They upgrade pretty strictly (but somewhat consistently) one category (only) - assuming they have rooms available.
thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.