Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:47 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
We were also informed that it is possible to have club access for particular days of the stay. not sure how that would work practically, but we may try to have the club access to the end of our stay for a night or two.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:52 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cbellero
We were also informed that it is possible to have club access for particular days of the stay. not sure how that would work practically, but we may try to have the club access to the end of our stay for a night or two.
It works by you agreeing which days you would like it. Then you get all of the offerings that day and night. Each evening you’ll sign for the upcharge.

IMO it’s a no brainer and enormous value. You should test it at the beginning of the stay and not the end, though.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jul 29, 2018 at 4:24 am
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:01 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

We are holding out for the end of the stay because these first days we are spending a lot of time outside of the hotel. We may also extend our stay by another five days, so we will have plenty of opportunities.

I am just really not happy about the fact that they do not clean up the beach rapidly. They have about five people cleaning but not effectively and quickly enough. I would expect that such a large resort could afford to use a beach cleaning machine that would keep the beach clean all day.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:01 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Yesterday I went along the coast and checked out the St. Regis, The Laguna and the Westin. All of them had cleaned beaches and did not seem to have any incoming plastic. And oddly enough the guests were happily using the beach, unlike the barren beach at the TC. I guess the Ritz Carlton is unlucky with the currents. My minder at the St. Regis stated that they clean their beach 1-2 per day.

I raised my concerns to the management at the Ritz Carlton. Unfortunately the response I received was underwhelming. More along the lines of "what could we do?". I told them two very easy options - hire more people or buy a beach cleaning machine. I was told that my concerns would be discussed within management, but did not truly feel that the issue was viewed as important. It is however, why we are shifting over to one of the other hotels after spending a couple of nights in Ubud. We will not return to this otherwise wonderful property until they address this issue.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:51 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
With respect, Bali has a major issue with trash, it's not just the RC.

Also worth noting that almost none of the rooms at the StR actually have an Ocean View except some suites and the Strand Villa.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:20 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

The point here is that other hotels are effectively cleaning their beaches. This one is not. And as mentioned the others did not seem to have trash in the water. The trash in the water is something for which I cannot fault the Ritz Carlton. This is just unlucky. However cleaning the trash that is already on the beach is something they certainly can address. Apparently other guests agree since no one goes into the water at the RC while lots of people were walking along the beach and frolicking in the water at the other properties.

I would otherwise say that the Ritz Carlton would probably be my favorite over the other three properties.

I have now also tried out the club lounge and will post some pictures later once I am reunited with my laptop.

Last edited by cbellero; Aug 1, 2018 at 7:37 am
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:23 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Good news about the beach - they finally have it cleaned up. The method is a bit strange - digging a hole and pushing all the rubbish into it - but it is initially effective.

Now some photos to share:

Club Lounge Reception

Drinks Service Area

One of the Offerings

All-Day Cookie Area

Breakfast Menu

Lobster and Eggs from the Speciality Breakfast Menu

Breakfast Menu Part 2

One of the Offerings

One of the Offerings

One of the Offerings

Separate Bar Area with All-Day Water and Juices

The Walled-in Private Club Garden

The Garden Side of the Club Lounge

Club Pool

Club Pool

The Living Room/Games Room Area of the Lounge

A Now Much Cleaner Beach after RC Staff Finally Doing a Better Cleanup

Last edited by cbellero; Aug 6, 2018 at 4:42 am Reason: Wanted to clarify that the beach picture is of the RC's beach after it was finally cleaned up
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Apparently other guests agree since no one goes into the water at the RC while lots of people were walking along the beach and frolicking in the water at the other properties.
Actually the main reason is that the Conrad/Westin/Laguna/St Regis beach are easily accessible to the public. So you will see a whole lot of people there.

while the Mulia, Hilton and RC beach while technically still public, there are no easy way for non hotel guest to reach
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:59 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

I need to check a map. Isn't the Mulia directly next to the St. Regis? Or, is there more than one? Checked.

I can go for your line of argumentation if we move Mulia to the first group with St. Regis. I tried to walk to the Ritz Carlton from the St. Regis yesterday - it would have required climbing up the cliff and back down again or some seriously dangerous swimming to get around the cliff. The Hilton, Ritz Calrton and Samabe would have been on the next stretch of beach.

That said, I do not see many non-guests here at the beach at St. Regis. Yesterday there was perhaps one person on a towel at the beach. I find that most people from St. Regis are on the beach in chairs and not around the pool. At the Ritz Carlton it was the opposite.

Last edited by cbellero; Aug 7, 2018 at 7:05 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
I need to check a map. Isn't the Mulia directly next to the St. Regis? Or, is there more than one? Checked.

I can go for your line of argumentation if we move Mulia to the first group with St. Regis. I tried to walk to the Ritz Carlton from the St. Regis yesterday - it would have required climbing up the cliff and back down again or some seriously dangerous swimming to get around the cliff. The Hilton, Ritz Calrton and Samabe would have been on the next stretch of beach.

That said, I do not see many non-guests here at the beach at St. Regis. Yesterday there was perhaps one person on a towel at the beach. I find that most people from St. Regis are on the beach in chairs and not around the pool. At the Ritz Carlton it was the opposite.
ah yes, I remembered it wrongly, Mulia is on the other side of the cliff
But it still the furthest from the public main entry where tour buses from Java will drop their passengers (near waterblow and Courtyard's beach club) so it will not be that much crowded.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
I am staying here now on points for a 5 night stay. This location is so much more enjoyable for me than the Kuta area. We were upgraded to a Ritz Carlton Suite without asking. Will report more once I have spent more time here.<br /><br />Here are the platinum letters. I am told that starting August 1 the platinum conditions will change slightly. However, they could not yet tell me what the new conditions would be. I will update everyone once I find out.
Thanks for the data points. I wonder if PP or PP+A will get similar treatment now that the change has been implemented. Planning a trip for next year and should be PP+A by then...

Last edited by davidsc111; Aug 28, 2018 at 6:53 am
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by davidsc111
Thanks for the data points. I wonder if PP or PP+A will get similar treatment now that the change has been affected. Planning a trip for next year and should be PP+A by then...
I'm here in a few days with a P on separate reservation.. Will update when I'm there.

Last edited by GoSh4rks; Aug 28, 2018 at 12:50 am
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
I'm here in a few days with a P on separate reservation.. Will update when I'm there.
Awesome, thx!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
So I don't really have anything definitive to report. My dad, who is a P, got upgraded to a pavilion villa. But he had notified the hotel that it was their 40th anniversary. I'm PP and was originally upgraded to a Ritz-Carlton suite with pool access a few days in advance, but when I checked in, I had been bumped down to the Ritz-Carlton suite with balcony.

Their hierarchy as far as I can tell by room rate is normally the RC suite with pool access > pavilion villa > RC suite.

The RC suite is huge..much bigger than the pavilion villa, and has a larger bed as well. The pavilion villa does not have an enclosed bathroom area and is more or less open to the suite. You step out of the shower into the room.The RC suite bathroom is larger than some two car garages and can be closed off. As I was with my brother, the RC suite works out better than the villa for us.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
So I don't really have anything definitive to report. My dad, who is a P, got upgraded to a pavilion villa. But he had notified the hotel that it was their 40th anniversary. I'm PP and was originally upgraded to a Ritz-Carlton suite with pool access a few days in advance, but when I checked in, I had been bumped down to the Ritz-Carlton suite with balcony.
Thanks for the update, we're booked here for next July so trying to learn what I can...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.