Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I dont want to remember the RC Bali, staying away±!

I am about to try the RC Berlin tonight after the wonderful stay at PH Vendome Paris, let's hope it goes well.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
From reading some of the prior comments, I had been really worried, but I just stayed there and had a wonderful time. Although some of the prior negative comments have some validity, in general, everything was wonderful. I too got upgraded to a Ritz-Carlton Suite and paid for Club access. The suite was just lovely and I really liked the balcony. Although it did not have an ocean view, it was a great shaded place to relax, even at night.

The service was so friendly. The GM came to meet me to say hello at the Club. Everyone always tried to help out. Sometimes there were communication issues with housekeeping (such as wanting an extra sheet on the bed and getting it done properly) or there were other minor lapses (such as removing, but not replacing towels at evening turn-down, or delivering a shirt on a hangar when folded was requested) but that was all minor (English is, of course, not the language here). All minor demerits.

I must say that having Ritz-Carlton Club access really helped too. The food there was just amazing. One evening the chef made a superb molten chocolate cake for me, which was just delicious and was really molten. The lobster and scrambled eggs each morning was delicious and the presentation was beautiful.

Even the laundry was good. Two items of laundry were included in the Club package and they did a really good job on my pants.

I would definitely go back.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Nevsky
From reading some of the prior comments, I had been really worried, but I just stayed there and had a wonderful time. Although some of the prior negative comments have some validity, in general, everything was wonderful. I too got upgraded to a Ritz-Carlton Suite and paid for Club access. The suite was just lovely and I really liked the balcony. Although it did not have an ocean view, it was a great shaded place to relax, even at night.

The service was so friendly. The GM came to meet me to say hello at the Club. Everyone always tried to help out. Sometimes there were communication issues with housekeeping (such as wanting an extra sheet on the bed and getting it done properly) or there were other minor lapses (such as removing, but not replacing towels at evening turn-down, or delivering a shirt on a hangar when folded was requested) but that was all minor (English is, of course, not the language here). All minor demerits.

I must say that having Ritz-Carlton Club access really helped too. The food there was just amazing. One evening the chef made a superb molten chocolate cake for me, which was just delicious and was really molten. The lobster and scrambled eggs each morning was delicious and the presentation was beautiful.

Even the laundry was good. Two items of laundry were included in the Club package and they did a really good job on my pants.

I would definitely go back.
Thank you for your review.

how much did you pay for club access/person/night?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Thank you for your review.

how much did you pay for club access/person/night?
Club access per person is IDR 1,400,000 and for Marriott Rewards members is IDR 1,100,000 (plus in each case 21% tax & service charge per person per day).

I did not know about the rewards member discount when I booked, but I got the fourth night free with Citi Prestige and the club access was included in my booking.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Currently here on a 5 nights points stay. Beautiful property, amazing staff, food at the Club Lounge is plentiful and well worth the cost, in my opinion.

Was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite as a Titanium, and it’s a great room.

I asked about the cost of upgrading to a Sky Villa or another room with a private pool for my last 2 nights, and was quoted 10 million rupiah per night. Yikes. I was totally prepared to pay $300-$400/night, but $700+ is too rich for my blood.

Now, I know I’m staying here for free, but you’d think they would want to sell the rooms if they can? I mean, I can’t imagine someone is going to last minute minute book a $1000 room for 2 days from now. But, maybe I’m wrong...
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Currently here on a 5 nights points stay. Beautiful property, amazing staff, food at the Club Lounge is plentiful and well worth the cost, in my opinion.

I asked about the cost of upgrading to a Sky Villa or another room with a private pool for my last 2 nights, and was quoted 10 million rupiah per night. Yikes. I was totally prepared to pay $300-$400/night, but $700+ is too rich for my blood.

Now, I know I’m staying here for free, but you’d think they would want to sell the rooms if they can? I mean, I can’t imagine someone is going to last minute minute book a $1000 room for 2 days from now. But, maybe I’m wrong...
The term Sky Villa sounded wonderful so I looked it up. It does look absolutely amazing. I stay in a Prestige Suite at the Sofitel Nusa Dua but the look of this Villa has me wanting to move camp! However, I know my husband won't see value in paying this price. Boo.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:16 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zoomgirl

There are Garden Villas with pools and several Cliff Villas. The Sky Villa is smaller than the Cliff Villa, although has a better view.

I would skip front desk and ask for the duty manager or GM. Explain you want to pay an up sell fee and not the rate difference.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
There are Garden Villas with pools and several Cliff Villas. The Sky Villa is smaller than the Cliff Villa, although has a better view.

I would skip front desk and ask for the duty manager or GM. Explain you want to pay an up sell fee and not the rate difference.
T

The quote did come from the manager on duty, though not the GM. If anyone has the GM’s contact info, feel free to send it my way!

I was angling for the view over space, given I’m traveling solo for this trip. I contemplated haggling, but felt like haggling at the Ritz Carlton was a little bit gauche.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,Amex Plat & BA, MR Plat, HH Diamond, accor Gold
I’m staying there for 8 days this week and I’m pleased your stay is going well as I already booked a prepaid package and was nervous with the previous reviews. I’m platinum and originally booked the junior suite lagoon room, but I’ve already been upgrade to the one bed room suite with Pool access. I’m pleased with that, we have the luxury package which is more or less half board or else we would buy the club lounge access. My partner and I were going to ask about the price for the sky villa, but that is out of our price range, however I will ask just as a data point for here. Any recommendations for what restaurants are the best here would be appreciated, and any other tips. Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by christianBA
I’m staying there for 8 days this week and I’m pleased your stay is going well as I already booked a prepaid package and was nervous with the previous reviews. I’m platinum and originally booked the junior suite lagoon room, but I’ve already been upgrade to the one bed room suite with Pool access. I’m pleased with that, we have the luxury package which is more or less half board or else we would buy the club lounge access. My partner and I were going to ask about the price for the sky villa, but that is out of our price range, however I will ask just as a data point for here. Any recommendations for what restaurants are the best here would be appreciated, and any other tips. Thanks
Do ask if you can. I’m wondering if it’s a different upgrade price for a paid stay versus points.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Stayed recently (June 21) the Hotel is open again, overall I had mixed feelings, the Suite itself was fine, we where offered a free upgrade to a Villa but declined as it was far away from the beach and the only restaurant open.

As you expect the resort is pretty empty, would I return honestly I wouldn't,
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I am planning a stay in RC Bali in June on a Virtuoso rate. Is there anyone who have been there lately (ie. after Indonesian border reopening in March)?

Some sources I've read suggested the hotel wasn't as good as before, especially breakfast, which have gone way downhill compared to before covid.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just completed a 5 night stay at the Ritz Carlton Bali and our stay was excellent. We stayed on points and booked a garden villa. When they say the villa is 3,800 square feet on the website - they are not lying! It was huge and beautiful.
The service was impeccable. The food was amazing. The staff was so professional and friendly, and they show they genuinely care. Breakfast was a full buffet with lots of made to order items and lots of Indonesian specialty items that were changed daily. The Executive Chef and Sous chef would come around to our table and get us some special dishes they had prepared for us. We had a private beach BBQ one night and an in-villa BBQ another night - which I would highly recommend. We had 3 chefs grilling steak and lobster in the villa garden and serving us amazing dishes. The general manager was walking the property every day and greeted us at breakfast almost every morning. I have stayed at the St Regis Bali before, and it used to be one of my favorite Marriott properties, but I have to stay the Ritz Carlton Bali is now in my top 5 if not top 1 property. I highly recommend the resort and if you can, I would recommend a Garden or Cliff villa. We will definitely be back!
Violin1990 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:32 am

I've stayed at Laguna and the beach is good, how was the beach quality and vibe at RC? Any other marriott properties with better beach recommended in Bali?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by therealdonald
I've stayed at Laguna and the beach is good, how was the beach quality and vibe at RC? Any other marriott properties with better beach recommended in Bali?
It looks like no people here visiting Bali??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.