Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:53 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
If you have club access why are you eating in the restaurant? The restaurant is a zoo whereas the club is calm and all of the premium dishes are cooked to order.

I didn't see any greater variety in the restaurant than the club at breakfast.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
They told us that there were more choices at the restaurant than at the club, and recommended us to go to the restaurant! I guess we'll go to the club tomorrow! but i guess the return to the real world is hard. We rented this villa for the last week which was out of this world the food absolutely delicious, and the setting totally gorgeous..... Bulung Daya

Last edited by synd; Jun 19, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:21 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by synd
They told us that there were more choices at the restaurant than at the club, and recommended us to go to the restaurant! I guess we'll go to the club tomorrow! but i guess the return to the real world is hard. We rented this villa for the last week which was out of this world the food absolutely delicious, and the setting totally gorgeous..... Bulung Daya
Ask to speak to the GM or Juliana, the Exec Director or Rooms. They will get it right.

The food in the club is delicious. The Lobster Scrambled Egg or Steak and Egg for breakfast. You won't be disappointed.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Dear Mohamed,

thank you for the tip, the food in the club is better and its a much better place than Senses to have breakfast. Quality is still below Park Hyatts or Kempinski's imo. Met with a front desk manager this morning, but tonight in-room dining took 1 hour to come when quoted 25-30 minutes, no call to tell us they're running late or apology from the staff delivering the food... Main problem is i am a type 1 diabetic and I take my insulin shot 30 min before I eat so I make the call, wait 10 min to give some leeway and take my shot, so blood sugar ran too low before the food came... Second problem tonigh, we had some issue turning on the bathroom tv, told the staff at the club level which answered by saying they'll send someone right over to help us out, 45 minutes later no one had shown up.... Service levels at this property are way below an HI! RC Nusa Dua is definitively a place to avoid imo especially for the price range. Service recoveries are nice, but I don't want to have to ask for service recoveries I just want good service! Give me any PH over this hotel!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
I have just reserved a room at this hotel and wanted to questions in advance by email. Any chance someone (Mohamed ), may have the email address, as it wasn't apparent on their website?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
I have just reserved a room at this hotel and wanted to questions in advance by email. Any chance someone (Mohamed ), may have the email address, as it wasn't apparent on their website?
General email [email protected]
Concierge [email protected]
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Went to this property around January .... (not staying personally, but visiting a friend who stay here) and quite disappointed with the public area of the hotel.

The garden looks not maintaned very well ... and the toilet near the main pool got strong urine smells and looks dirty
And also those beach hut roof also looks dirty and got plentu of cobwebs

(the friend who stay there is very pleased with the stay however)
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
The garden looks not maintaned very well ... and the toilet near the main pool got strong urine smells and looks dirty
And also those beach hut roof also looks dirty and got plentu of cobwebs
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. There are an army of works maintaining the gardens every day and they are immaculate.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. There are an army of works maintaining the gardens every day and they are immaculate.
because that what I saw and experience at that time?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Thanks mOhamed, greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I am planning to use a Marriott travel package before the rates go up in August. So SPG hotels might not work and not too many options on the Marriott side but had a few questions:

1. Looks like the RC is the best bet out of the Marriott options? We like beach properties.
2. How isolated is this place? We do want to experience some of the local culture areas. How difficult would that be with taxis and all?
3. Is December end a good time to go?
4. I am booked in a "Sawangan Junior Suite". any chance for a Platinum upgrade?

Thanks!

Last edited by PrivatePilot; Jul 6, 2018 at 11:19 am
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
I am planning to use a Marriott travel package before the rates go up in August. So SPG hotels might not work and not too many options on the Marriott side but had a few questions:

1. Looks like the RC is the best bet out of the Marriott options? We like beach properties.
2. How isolated is this place? We do want to experience some of the local culture areas. How difficult would that be with taxis and all?
3. Is December end a good time to go?
4. I am booked in a "Sawangan Junior Suite". any chance for a Platinum upgrade?

Thanks!
The beach is nice and swimmable, unlike most of Bali.

There are taxis at reception.

December will rain, but I believe short rainfall. Many Australians go for Xmas.

That room type is the lowest room category. I can’t soeak for upgrades.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:08 am

If you plan to visit other area that not very close to Nusa Dua, such as Ubud, try consider rent a car + driver for the stay. Driving in bali can be quite an "excitement" for non locals.
Car hire usually cost around $50 for small mpv to around $120/day for luxury mpv.

Another alternative would be using Grab (asian version of uber)
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:35 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I am staying here now on points for a 5 night stay. This location is so much more enjoyable for me than the Kuta area. We were upgraded to a Ritz Carlton Suite without asking. Will report more once I have spent more time here.<br /><br />Here are the platinum letters. I am told that starting August 1 the platinum conditions will change slightly. However, they could not yet tell me what the new conditions would be. I will update everyone once I find out.
Attached Images
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:44 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Further here is the activities schedule. I imagine that this does not change that much from month to month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.