Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ken C
Anyone have reviews of the Ritz and St Regis to compare? Thinking of splitting my res now
I haven't stayed at RC, but StR Bali is a superb property, one of the very best in the entire Marriott system.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Originally Posted by Kacee
I haven't stayed at RC, but StR Bali is a superb property, one of the very best in the entire Marriott system.
the Amex Biz Card Rate for StR was under $600/night for August. If the property is that nice, seems like a steal given the recent price inflation of luxury hotels. I was in the same price point for a Courtyard near Javits in NYC last week.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ken C
the Amex Biz Card Rate for StR was under $600/night for August. If the property is that nice, seems like a steal given the recent price inflation of luxury hotels. I was in the same price point for a Courtyard near Javits in NYC last week.
We paid similar last July and it's a good rate relative to other options (keeping in mind that's well more than the monthly average wage for most of the workers). The key at StR is to find a way to get into a villa, they are really nice. My one caveat is during school holidays, there are lots of families with children, which may or may not be an issue for you.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I stayed here last year in September, booked via Amex FHR got an excellent rate too. Around 720 USD for 3 Nights. The stay was wonderful, got early check-in, late check-out. Got a one category upgrade + breakfast included due to FHR (am Platinum too with MB). The property is huge and it was very busy too. Wedding happened also there at the Chapel. We also used the pool in the Spa that is a paid thing with jets that massage you, that was quite fun.

Only thing I would say is eating food every day can be an issue as they only have 3 dinner restaurants - Indonesian place, Grill restaurant and a bar/tapas restaurant. While the food is great, we did end up going out for dinner as menu is basically same for Grill and Tapas place for Lunch and Dinner (also quite expensive). We also had a hotpot dinner at the Apurva Kempinski next door, and that was one of the best experiences of our Bali trip. So definitely recommend that. We mainly had our lunches at the hotel, and then dinner outside.

The only issue we faced was hot water ended up being just vaguely warm in the bathroom. Complained to the hotel, but I think that is just how they have the temperate set property wide (Spa shower also had same temperature).

Some photos below.

View from the reception area.

Pool area

Drinks and view from pool/beach area

Food Photo

Food Photo

Room Entrance

Living Area

Bedroom

Balcony

Bathroom
Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Recently got some SNU back, was able to apply towards the Sky Villa at this property. The SNU pool was quite impressive, I think it was pretty much the properties entire inventory of villas with private plunge pools.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:47 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Hotel currently offers Stay 4, Pay 3 rate including the STARS benefits. Available until December 2024. IMO a very attractive price for this property.

Example, May 29-Jun 2: Four nights comes to $1100 and that includes the standard STARS benefits like breakfast, $100 credit, upgrade, etc..
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:02 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
What's going on with this property? Looking to return and on flexible rates they are demanding full prepayment at time of booking. My TA pushed back and they "negotiated" prepayment 30 days prior.

I checked FHR and that is fully prepaid and non refundable as well.

Is this the new management style? I'm looking to book the Cliff Villa and never prepay rates. It's so off putting, I'm looking at Jumeriah.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:42 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by m0hamed
What's going on with this property? Looking to return and on flexible rates they are demanding full prepayment at time of booking. My TA pushed back and they "negotiated" prepayment 30 days prior.

I checked FHR and that is fully prepaid and non refundable as well.

Is this the new management style? I'm looking to book the Cliff Villa and never prepay rates. It's so off putting, I'm looking at Jumeriah.
I just booked the STARS rate via a Classic Travel TA and it wasn't prepaid?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:46 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I just booked the STARS rate via a Classic Travel TA and it wasn't prepaid?
All the villas are except the lowest cat are now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.