Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Marriott Forum Threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577397-courtyard-tokyo-station-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577399-tokyo-ginza-courtyard-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/136870-marriott-family-hotels-tokyo-japan.html
Print Wikipost

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
You assume incorrectly, at least as of my stay back in February; as a plat, I got free breakfast in their restaurant every morning. And the hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the fish market; very walkable.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
You might want to first check out Sharon's sticky for this type of information, which by the way you assume incorrectly.

Originally Posted by jix
I'm assuming there's no breakfast for platinum so perhaps rise early for sushi at the Tsukiji market.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Srisarin
You might want to first check out Sharon's sticky for this type of information, which by the way you assume incorrectly.
And the picture in post #24 .
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:56 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by rustykettel
And the picture in post #24 .
Oh, right I somehow missed that line. Saw the snack and drink reference but they don't mean too much to me for a one night layover.

I would however like to know the quality of the breakfast vs spending $40-50 for sushi in the market, before catching my flight at 11am.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jix
I would however like to know the quality of the breakfast vs spending $40-50 for sushi in the market, before catching my flight at 11am.
I've never been to Tsukiji but I think you'd find better there or perhaps more memorable. The food at the CY Ginza is ok not great. Fair amount of selection but the dining room feels like a cafeteria. I found the breakfast buffet at the Tokyo Hilton to be better quality and more options. We found the stay here unsatisfactory enough overall to check out early and move over to there for the rest of our week.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jix
Is this hotel walkable to Tsukiji market? I'm assuming there's no breakfast for platinum so perhaps rise early for sushi at the Tsukiji market.
Post #24 shows that you should get a Platinum breakfast. Tsukiji would be 10 to 15 minutes walk away.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jix
I was impressed by the CY Ginza's breakfast selection, but then most of my stays are in the US, where a good free breakfast means they have both bacon and sausage every day in the concierge lounge instead of alternating. That said, the sushi you'll get at the fish market will easily outsurpass what you'd get at the CY.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:31 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I know it's in the sticky, but since it was iterated several times now that Platinums get free breakfast, I want to add that Golds also get free breakfast. Pretty much the only reason why I stay there (apart from the points)

HTB
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:09 am

Does anyone have experience using points/cert with three people (child < 12)?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
I emailed the hotel directly just the other day because we are going to Tokyo around Thanksgiving and have a family of 5, with 3 kids between 7 and 12. (I also emailed the CY Tokyo Station, Prince Sakura, and FS Marriott.) Ginza did not have an issue with us staying in a single room (because of the kids ages), but rightly said that we'd be more comfortable with an extra bed (rollaway I assume) in the room. The charges for the extra bed is 5940JPY per night including tax.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:58 am

Thank you! I've heard that Japan is quite picky about extra people in the room so that's good to hear.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by viracocha
Thank you! I've heard that Japan is quite picky about extra people in the room so that's good to hear.
Of course, it's always best to confirm and followup with the hotel directly!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
The email address for the property is: [email protected].

Last edited by Beltway2A; Jul 1, 2017 at 10:09 am Reason: Found my answer
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by htb
I know it's in the sticky, but since it was iterated several times now that Platinums get free breakfast, I want to add that Golds also get free breakfast. Pretty much the only reason why I stay there (apart from the points)

HTB
I'm here right now and I'm VERY impressed by the property. Easilyone of if not the best Courtyard I've stayed at, room design, breakfast quality and elite recognition (upgrade & free breakfast as Gold) all top notch. Will definitely come back.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:46 am

I wish this place would take reservations a year out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.