Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Lobby renovation is complete. Executive lounge is on ground floor (not a M Lounge).
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by neo_781
Thanks but I am looking for helpful responses.
Curious what golds get in general; no idea personally. No need to get snarky.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by neo_781
Hi,

Just wondering what I should expect as a Marriott Gold member on an upcoming award stay?

Thanks
I'd recommend reading the thread to find out what other Golds experienced on award stays.

Cheers.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'd recommend reading the thread to find out what other Golds experienced on award stays.

Cheers.
Thanks, I've already read the thread. I was looking for responses with additional information.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
How did you guy get the number or email for the Grosvenor's concierge?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
How did you guy get the number or email for the Grosvenor's concierge?
The phone number is listed on the hotel's website. A call is an easy path to obtain contact information for the Guest Relations staff.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:00 am

Grosvenor House has a new suite (Royal Suite) & my money is on elites will not be getting upgraded to it for free, as it goes for 5,000GBP/night

Royal Suite
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Just back from a trip to the JW

Very impressed with the Executive Lounge here- refurbished last year and for me one of the best executive lounges in London; great food, atmosphere drink offering - no complaints! See my photos for more.

More photos & review are here:
http://www.luxurytraveldiary.com/201...osvenor-house/

Suffice to say that I would return for the lounge alone.

Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:06 am

More Photos..

Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:45 am

Thanks for the photos! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:42 am

Pleasure, we stayed in the Park View Suite which was lovely, i will try and load in some of these photos too shortly!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:47 am

Lovely aging property. We were upgraded to Superior Deluxe room and as a Gold elite, we were given access to the executive lounge, fitness center and more. The best part of the stay was the executive lounge. From morning till 10pm, the lounge is stocked with delicious foods and drinks. You won't even need to spend money on room service if you don't want to. Also, we just left the Park Hyatt Paris. Although, the PH looks a lot more luxurious (there shouldnt even be a comparison btw the PH and Gros in terms of luxury), the Gros is simply superior in terms of lounges and freebies. One thing to note is that the Gros is currently being renovated..
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Just returned from a two night award stay; two rooms, one person per room. I do like this hotel quite a bit. On this stay and one prior stay, we're at the hotel in the morning before we see the sites and in the evening just before we go to bed. So I can't speak to what the lounge has during the day. For the people I have stayed at the hotel with (my father, my wife, my daughter) the lounge is a different experience than that of MemberSince; it all comes down to personal preference. The breakfast is so so: incredibly runny scrambled eggs, some very dark looking sausage, hard boiled eggs, fruits, yogurts, cereals, very bad black coffee, OJ, warm ham, another type of sausage (that I actually ate), and a lot of breads. In the PM with drinks, their food is not what my family would eat save for the cheddar and crackers, and the chips and salsa. The rest of the food is either very bland (a huge bowl of cooked pasta with some seasoning that tasted like nothing) or seems to be curry (sp?) heavy in spice. So we'll pop down in the morning for some juice, toast, cereal, and chocolate croissants, then head out to get our coffee (even if it is café Americano from a stand it is better than what the machines at the JW make) and plan on eating an early lunch. In the evening, we eat a full meal (and have eaten at the wonderful JW Steakhouse a few times) and stop into the club for a glass of wine or two before bed.

As a plat, I was upgraded to some sort of room that sounded better than the one I had booked but seemed to be a regular old room.

They are currently renovating the lobby, but it didn't disrupt much...just some boarded walls and part of the lobby shut off.

Nice hotel within a 5-10 minute walk of a tube station.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by dingo
Just returned from a two night award stay; two rooms, one person per room. I do like this hotel quite a bit. On this stay and one prior stay, we're at the hotel in the morning before we see the sites and in the evening just before we go to bed. So I can't speak to what the lounge has during the day. For the people I have stayed at the hotel with (my father, my wife, my daughter) the lounge is a different experience than that of MemberSince; it all comes down to personal preference. The breakfast is so so: incredibly runny scrambled eggs, some very dark looking sausage, hard boiled eggs, fruits, yogurts, cereals, very bad black coffee, OJ, warm ham, another type of sausage (that I actually ate), and a lot of breads. In the PM with drinks, their food is not what my family would eat save for the cheddar and crackers, and the chips and salsa. The rest of the food is either very bland (a huge bowl of cooked pasta with some seasoning that tasted like nothing) or seems to be curry (sp?) heavy in spice. So we'll pop down in the morning for some juice, toast, cereal, and chocolate croissants, then head out to get our coffee (even if it is café Americano from a stand it is better than what the machines at the JW make) and plan on eating an early lunch. In the evening, we eat a full meal (and have eaten at the wonderful JW Steakhouse a few times) and stop into the club for a glass of wine or two before bed.

As a plat, I was upgraded to some sort of room that sounded better than the one I had booked but seemed to be a regular old room.

They are currently renovating the lobby, but it didn't disrupt much...just some boarded walls and part of the lobby shut off.

Nice hotel within a 5-10 minute walk of a tube station.
I do agree that the eggs look nasty. I personally didn't even touch it. I just get some yogurt, bacon, croissants and OJ in the morning. And go for drinks and snacks in the afternoon and evening if we're around. With that being stated, i think your expectations of a free lounge seems a little bit outlandish. Did you expect morning caviar with champagne? some Dom Perigean maybe? Im not on a tight budget, but, to me, it seems like a place where people on a tight budget can get some food and keep going with their day. I also have to agree that the coffee is awful, but its basically free. Wahoo, I've yet to try the JW Steakhouse. I'll take a look tomorrow morning, thanks for the tip. Do you have an other recommendations? We're here till the 22nd.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:10 am

Outlandish? Good golly, how did you get that? Sorry you took offense to my review. The "won't even need to spend money on room service" is certainly true, but should not imply you're going to not need to eat outside the club lounge. As for my expectations of a lounge, if there are hots I'd like them to be edible in the morning. I just don't get the runny eggs thing, but it is pretty consistent in Europe. As for the evenings, I'm just fine w/ what they have but a meal it is not IMO...and I made it clear that this was just that: my personal experience. Evenings are fine for a snack for me with some free wine, before the real meal outside the lounge.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Wahoo, I've yet to try the JW Steakhouse.
I really like the JW Steakhouse. Not cheap, but the food is quite good. I usually eat there once per trip.

JW Steakhouse Menu

And I love, love, love the cheesecake!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.