Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Lobby renovation is complete. Executive lounge is on ground floor (not a M Lounge).
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
My suite during stay (which was enormous and faced the park) still had the shower over the bathtub and overall a small and narrow bathroom.

Walk -in showers are still a unfamiliar concept here it seems.
Actually the best part of the suite we got was the huge walk-in shower we had. It was probably the largest must spacious walk in shower I ever had in any hotel. It had a ledge on the side that you could sit in if you choose to do so. There was both a rain and hand held shower heads both of which were quite powerful.

The set up of our bathroom was not as shown in the room layout picture on the site. The door to access the bathroom was from the bedroom and it was towards the center of the bathroom. Sink was directly across from the door. To the right was the large shower. To the left was a bidet, followed by the toilet and then the bathtub going across the width of the bathroom. We didn't use the tub at all but if you wanted to take a bath and then a shower it was quite a walk from the tub to the shower.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Actually the best part of the suite we got was the huge walk-in shower we had. It was probably the largest must spacious walk in shower I ever had in any hotel. It had a ledge on the side that you could sit in if you choose to do so. There was both a rain and hand held shower heads both of which were quite powerful.

The set up of our bathroom was not as shown in the room layout picture on the site. The door to access the bathroom was from the bedroom and it was towards the center of the bathroom. Sink was directly across from the door. To the right was the large shower. To the left was a bidet, followed by the toilet and then the bathtub going across the width of the bathroom. We didn't use the tub at all but if you wanted to take a bath and then a shower it was quite a walk from the tub to the shower.
It seems like there's quite a bit of variability in suites/rooms, even within a single type. I guess that's to be expected in an old building that I'm sure was not originally designed to be a hotel.

To me, it sounds like you got an accessible room. The walk-in shower with a seat is a telltale sign.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by friedablass

Yup, sounds like a bathroom set up for the disabled.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by rucksack
It seems like there's quite a bit of variability in suites/rooms, even within a single type. I guess that's to be expected in an old building that I'm sure was not originally designed to be a hotel.

To me, it sounds like you got an accessible room. The walk-in shower with a seat is a telltale sign.
I'm calling it walk in because it was a separate shower stall from the tub but there was actually quite a bit step up from the bathroom floor which to me is not really accessible for someone that needs that type of thing. There was a ledge across one side of the stall that I assumed you can sit on but it wasn't directly under the showers so again, not very accessible either. Also, no way was the bedroom large enough to accommodate a wheel chair. But what do I know; perhaps this is their idea of accessible. Should have taken pics to give you a better idea but unfortunately didn't.

Just to put it in perspective, the room we had at Marriott Geneva airport had a shower that was perfectly level with the rest of the bathroom floor and there was not even a door, just half wall of glass for the part that had the shower head - see pics of shower in this post. It didn't have any seating but to me that type of shower was a whole lot more accessible than the one we had at JW GH.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 4:06 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Checked out yesterday from a 9 night stay which was great (with minor hiccups).

We couldn't get your24 approved to check in early but it's seems like the case with this hotel, they will never check you in early, ever. We always saw ppl waiting in the lounge for their room to be ready.

We booked an executive suite and was upgraded to a premium park view suite. Suite was extremely spacious and loved every second of it.

only ossues we faced is with the housekeeping during turndown service, it seems like they do the absolute minimum. For example, they never bring new glasses (coffee/wine, nothing) and it remains dirty after you return at night. However, regular housekeeping service is good.

We rarely used the lounge as we like to get out more, so can't really have a say on that.

All in all it was great due to the room we got, will return here for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.