Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-and-stay-2199
Print Wikipost

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2021, 9:24 pm

Marriott showing this hotel isn't accepting SNA's. Anyone else seen this? Is there something I'm missing. My stay is like 8 months out.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jbandy10
Marriott showing this hotel isn't accepting SNA's. Anyone else seen this? Is there something I'm missing. My stay is like 8 months out.
That would be terrible. This has been one of the two or three best properties in the entire worldwide system for SNA upgrades.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That would be terrible. This has been one of the two or three best properties in the entire worldwide system for SNA upgrades.
Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong. It's a points rate. But that shouldn't be a factor. App and website Are telling me I can't.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I did apply SNA to my stay a couple of years ago and it was cleared without a hassle.

one of the best use of SNA in the entire marriott folio.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I did apply SNA to my stay a couple of years ago and it was cleared without a hassle.

one of the best use of SNA in the entire marriott folio.
I also applied and received an upgrade using SWUs Christmas 2019. Room was gorgeous.

Would be a major shame if they stopped accepting them.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
With Bonvoy, unlike SPG, one apparently can't apply SNAs to a reservation unless some upgradeable rooms/suites are available at the time of request. It's ridiculous, buy Bonvoy seems to be programmed this way.

Are there suites for sale on your dates?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:10 pm

System outage. See the SNA thread.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:48 am

Any thoughts on Mosaic suite with Terrace versus Macassar with view? Gonna be in September and I have a feeling my wife may enjoy the terrace, but the Macassar is overall clearly the bigger suite...
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Stayed here with my girlfriend earlier this week for a single night, booked using 70,000 points and an SNA. We were upgraded to a Macassar Suite with View. Hotel was fully booked (literally) so the upgrade and 4pm checkout were greatly appreciated (they did ask me nicely if I could forgo the late checkout but I really couldn’t). The room was beautiful, although we did get the welcome gift for a random ambassador member and all the cushions seemed to have been removed! Unfortunately we had an utter fiasco during our stay, as both rooms of our suite had interconnecting doors to the rooms alongside them. We had an appalling family next door to our bedroom, who made loads of noise constantly, including late into the night. This included kids running around and screaming; loud TV constantly; singing and shouting. We obviously let the hotel know - they responded well but had to send security three times during our stay to get the family to stop making noise - the family always started being noisy again a few hours later. The soundproofing was non existent between the rooms, with basic wooden interconnecting doors. Even with quiet neighbours, it would have been an uncomfortable experience for a couple. We did not have the romantic stay in Paris we had hoped for, as we were constantly on edge or having to ring the front desk. We are young and very liberal in our attitude but this was a very frustrating and stressful experience.

We had such recurrent issues that we had to talk to the manager at checkout. He was a pleasant man and listened to us very attentively. He apologised and promised to discuss with the other guests, and also feedback to his GM. He also very generously offered us 20k points and a free glass of champagne. I made it very clear that I didn’t blame the hotel for the behaviour of other guests, which they are not responsible for and can only do so much to mitigate. I emphasised that the main issue from the hotel perspective was the completely inadequate soundproofing and room allocation.

Pros:
  • hotel is beautiful and very well located.
  • decent elite treatment
  • staff are all lovely and very attentive
  • suite was massive and nicely decorated
  • the Gym is pretty good
  • breakfast is very civilised and well presented
  • management and staff in general addressed our issues attentively and service recovery was good.
  • free minibars in the suites was a nice touch (not much booze, if that’s your thing - two beers). I like soft drinks so it was fun.

Cons:
  • the people staying here in August are awful in general. Also, no-one complies with the local covid laws or guidance. Everyone walks around without a mask and provides “vaccination certificates” that shouldn’t be recognised in the EU (I mean this strictly technically, not as a moral judgement). Everyone who isn’t from the US, UK or Europe is unpleasant to staff and other guests.
  • the soundproofing is non existent between interconnecting rooms, and the hotel seems to make suites by just connecting rooms as required.
    the air conditioning is average but wouldn’t cope with real summer weather (it was cold for Paris in the summer).
  • You would have to be insane to pay the cash prices (800 euros plus). It’s a reasonably good value redemption.

I would stay here again, mainly due to the hard product and the good service but it wouldn’t be my first choice in Paris, and I would be very specific about not having a room with interconnecting doors. I would also not stay in August again, as it wasn’t a very pleasant environment in the hotel.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by Radiation Station; Sep 1, 2021 at 8:56 am
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb

Bedroom

Living room of our suite

Bathroom

Gym

Omelette - sorry it’s sideways.

Gym

Breakfast
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jbandy10
Any thoughts on Mosaic suite with Terrace versus Macassar with view? Gonna be in September and I have a feeling my wife may enjoy the terrace, but the Macassar is overall clearly the bigger suite...
Based on the weather in Paris last weekend, the terrace will be too cold by far. We also stayed at the new Kimpton and they were closing the rooftop bar early at night due to the cold. I don’t think it was really above 20 degrees centigrade for our trip. September is likely to be colder. Macassar is big but read my review for some of the potential downsides.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I would also not stay in August again, as it wasn’t a very pleasant environment in the hotel.
August is a horrible time to visit Paris. The city is full of tourists, most Parisiens are on vacation, and the ones who are stuck in the city are typically not happy about it.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
August is a horrible time to visit Paris. The city is full of tourists, most Parisiens are on vacation, and the ones who are stuck in the city are typically not happy about it.
You are 100% correct, and I’ve learned that lesson the hard way. I will not return unless it’s in shoulder season or off peak. When would you personally recommend visiting? This was my first visit.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
You are 100% correct, and I’ve learned that lesson the hard way. I will not return unless it’s in shoulder season or off peak. When would you personally recommend visiting? This was my first visit.
People will have different views on that. I personally really enjoy visiting in December. Spring can be rainy. Summer full of tourists, and that now extends into the fall as well.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:05 pm

How long does it take for SNA to clear? Booked yesterday and I'm coming up to a stay 5 days away and wanted the Makassar suite. Only chose that one for the SNA and it has not cleared yet.

It's a 5 night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.