Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by conner11
How much better is the location of the Verdome vs the Opera Ambassador and the Reaissance Republique? I've never been to Paris so struggling to balance a larger room vs a better location and/or nicer hotel at the Verdome.
Opera - A little bit farther from the main attractions but still walk-able depending on how much you like to walk, near a lot of shopping. Also close to a lot of nice places to eat.
Republique - I rode through this neighborhood and it looked nice but will be a ways from all of the main attractions. I can't comment too much.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
How much better is the location of the Verdome vs the Opera Ambassador and the Reaissance Republique? I've never been to Paris so struggling to balance a larger room vs a better location and/or nicer hotel at the Verdome.
I presume you want to keep your wife happy. I don't think a regular room at the Verdome is going to be big enough for two adults with luggage to be comfortable, even if they're gone most of the day. I presume you don't want to climb over suitcases to make love on your honeymoon.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Republique - I rode through this neighborhood and it looked nice but will be a ways from all of the main attractions. I can't comment too much.
10-20 minutes by foot with easy subway and bus stops.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I will be staying here 5 nights in July as a part of my honeymoon. I am platinum elite so trying to get an upgrade for us.
what is the best way to contact the hotel and let them know the request and that its my honeymoon? I can't find an email address anywhere. Any advice on how someone was able to do this in the past?
We stayed last year for a special occasion and I got an email from the Asst. Front Office Manager a week before offering us options regarding an upgrade. It was sent from MARIA PROTOIS ROTH| ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER [email protected]

Maybe give that a try.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
"Better" location is so subjective in Paris, the arrondissements have really different feels and appeal to different tastes, and you're going to have to form your own opinion.

Vendome is a very central, convenient location for the tourist sites. Location wise, it's probably a very good choice for a first visit. Personally, I don't much care for the 1st (arrondissement) but that's a personal opinion and yours may differ. It's kind of the Upper East Side of Paris - think name designer boutiques and doormen who will judge you based on how you're dressed.

Opera Ambassador is close to several big department stores, amidst the grands boulevards. I wouldn't really want to stay in this area, but it's still reasonably convenient.

Republique. More of a real Paris neighborhood. I would choose this over either of the other two (and am in fact booked there in September), but it's farther from the main tourist sites and you'll be riding the Metro more to see them.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Yes I've heard the room sizes are nothing to be excited about - but feel the location is worth it. What about the hotel and area is your reasoning for saying its a great choice for honeymooners?
Property has the feel of a smaller boutique hotel with personality. On a side, non-touristy street, but a block or two from one of Paris great fashion streets: Rue St Honore. Close to lively restaurants and clubs. Walking distance from most of the city's prominent tourist attractions. IMO would be memorable place for a honeymoon stay. Last time there, I stayed for a week on points, but paid for upgrade three levels. The room was the size of a slightly larger than average room at a U.S center city property.
One more negative I just remembered from an earlier stay in a smaller room there: the bathroom had a glass door, so that the entire bedroom lit up from the bathroom light.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
Republique. More of a real Paris neighborhood. I would choose this over either of the other two (and am in fact booked there in September), but it's farther from the main tourist sites and you'll be riding the Metro more to see them.
Or walk. It's literally a question of turning left at the hotel's front door, walking two blocks, turning right, then walking straight down to Hôtel de Ville, aka city hall. If you want to go to Notre-Dame Cathedral, you zig-zag at city hall. Maybe 20 minutes total -- and that's at a moderate pace. The only touristy sights or destinations that aren't easily walkable for many people would be the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and Eiffel Tower.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ohmark
One more negative I just remembered from an earlier stay in a smaller room there: the bathroom had a glass door, so that the entire bedroom lit up from the bathroom light.
Increasingly, this is an issue at all renovated and new-build hotels, across multiple brands, both within the Marriott portfolio and outside of it. Someone, who never stays at hotels, thinks this is a great design element.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Or walk. It's literally a question of turning left at the hotel's front door, walking two blocks, turning right, then walking straight down to Hôtel de Ville, aka city hall. If you want to go to Notre-Dame Cathedral, you zig-zag at city hall. Maybe 20 minutes total -- and that's at a moderate pace.
I would walk, but it's far for many. I checked google maps and it's minimum 1.8 km to Place des Vosges or Hotel de Ville.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Finkface
We stayed last year for a special occasion and I got an email from the Asst. Front Office Manager a week before offering us options regarding an upgrade. It was sent from MARIA PROTOIS ROTH ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER [email protected]

Maybe give that a try.
Maria is no longer at the property. The email address given above for the Front Desk Manager is still current.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Vendome is my preferred location. Muse d’Orsay is in the 7th and is very accessible via a pedestrian bride over the Seine from the Tuleries. It’s not just the 1st that you are close to.

Last edited by beachfan; Jun 16, 2018 at 1:13 am Reason: Corrected by Kaycee, thank you!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Vendors is my preferred location. Muse d’Irsayand the 6th very accessible via pedestrian bride over the Seine from the Tuleries. It’s not just the 1st that you are close to.
The Musee d'Orsay is in the 7th. It's certainly an easy walk from the Vendome, as are many of the major Paris attractions. The heart of the 6th (St. Germain) is farther.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
A very current address, as I received an email this morning: [email protected].
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheCount2
A very current address, as I received an email this morning: [email protected].
That should work, but I would recommend the manager if you have an issues or extra-special requests.

Raïs Boukhedouni, Front Office Manager <[email protected]>
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:36 am

Stayed here for five night using points and got an upgrade to Large Prestige room for no additional cost! It has a small seating area, king sized bed, bath tub, toilet and separate shower. The room I got has a view of the inner courtyard on the fifth floor, so it remained quite even during Bastille day and the world cup celebrations. Plat gift was provided, which you can choose from a selection of beverage (alcohol and juice) and snacks (fruits, nuts, pastry, etc). Breakfast buffet was served at the Balagan and as an elite you can also order off the menu. Nothing to complain about this property - service was great, room was perfect albeit I did receive an upgraded room so I can't speak of the standard rooms, and the location was perfect. In hindsight, I would probably avoid the location whenever there's a big event going on. I stayed here because of the national holiday, but didn't expect France would win the world cup. Train stations were closed in the area and people were literally in the middle of the street partying. Oh, and Jamie at the Balagan is very easy on the eyes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.