Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
One of the nicest benefits of staying at the Vendome, is the ability to be strolling through the Tuileries in less than 5 minutes.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I love, love, love the Vendome. Stayed here last fall for a week on points and will stay here again in a heartbeat. And this was right in the midst of the construction. We were upgraded (as Gold) to a Parisien Suite which is really just a much larger corner room, not a suite, but it was great and more than big enough for us. The breakfast in the restaurant was excellent and the staff could not have been nicer or more friendly. And that is even before talking about the location, which again, couldn’t really be any better. I know different strokes and all that, but to me, this ia an awesome little hotel in an awesome location and is now my go-to hotel in Paris.
michelin likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I think you would like either the Renaissance Republique or Renaissance Arc de Triomphe.
Thanks, much appreciated. This was on my list between Vendome, Champs Elysses and the above two. I settled on Vendome, but will opt for one of the two you just mentioned next time.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel Celebrates a Triumphant Relaunch Following its Theatrical Renovation | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"On the heels of the brand’s annual Global Day of Discovery, Renaissance Hotels today officially unveiled the Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel following a multi-million dollar transformation of its guest rooms and public spaces. Reimagined by Didier Gomez Interior Design, the 97-room intimate hotel evokes its enviable location in the heart of the historic 1st arrondissement. Tucked away on a quiet street between the Tuileries Garden and the boutiques of Rue Saint-Honoré, Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel is inspired by the fashion designers and jewellers that have had their salons in the neighbourhood. Contrasting eighteen century style with contemporary design, the hotel conveys softness and elegance reflective of today’s Parisian sense of style.

The hotel’s transformation is anchored by stylish cocktail bar and restaurant Balagan a joint venture between The Experimental Group and acclaimed Israeli Chef Assaf Granit, which opened last year. The hotel’s buzzy Le Studio lobby lounge will host locally-inspired events to showcase emerging talent in music, the arts, mixology and gastronomy,

With the needs of the next-generation traveller in mind, keyless room entry is offered through the Marriot Mobile App. For those looking to relax and revitalise during their stay, there is a well-equipped fitness centre, pool and signature spa offering a sensory escape in the heart of the hotel. A newly created venue L’Atelier is the ultimate blank space for clients to create tailored events, from co-working hub to showroom, and private dinners to pop-up exhibitions.

Rates for Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel start from $450 per night. For further information and reservations please visit www.renhotels.com."
michelin likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:33 pm

Just spent 5 nights at this property on points. Had a great stay with the SO.

Pros:
  • The location is perfect. The area around is way more laid back than the zoo that is Champs Elysses. Plus it's easily within walking distance of a lot of the major attractions.
  • The room was new and clean, bed was super comfortable, and had a nice little bathroom.
  • The staff was very friendly and helped setup activities.
  • The breakfast was great, good food and coffee.
Cons:
  • As a platinum I did a mobile check-in for 4pm, arrived at 5, and the room still wasn't ready until 6. They did give us some great wine while we waited so it wasn't too bad, but still a bit annoying.
  • No platinum welcome gift offered
  • Rooms are small, if you're expecting a huge resort then this isn't it. The room was great, just not large.
  • There was still some construction going on that could interfere with any afternoon nap taking. Also, the door would rattle back and forth every time another door on the floor was slammed, they need to rework the door seal so it fits properly.

All in all, we had a great stay, there were a few negatives but I'd expect them to get ironed out. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but would also like to check out the Westin down the road.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
  • No platinum welcome gift offered
Hopefully, you requested the compensation due under Marriott's terms.

And not having my room ready at 5 p.m. would have required more than just complimentary wine to satisfy me. Unless they had pre-upgraded you, there's no excuse that there wasn't a single room available for a platinum. The entire hotel couldn't have been platinums.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:26 pm

I will be staying here 5 nights in July as a part of my honeymoon. I am platinum elite so trying to get an upgrade for us.
what is the best way to contact the hotel and let them know the request and that its my honeymoon? I can't find an email address anywhere. Any advice on how someone was able to do this in the past?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by conner11
I will be staying here 5 nights in July as a part of my honeymoon. I am platinum elite so trying to get an upgrade for us.
what is the best way to contact the hotel and let them know the request and that its my honeymoon? I can't find an email address anywhere. Any advice on how someone was able to do this in the past?
Unfortunately, Marriott doesn't give guests email addresses for the hotels at the time of booking. Some of the international properties will email guests a week or 10 days ahead of their stay to confirm any requests, etc.

I think you will have a difficult time getting an upgrade in July. Paris will be invaded by foreign tourists. You might be better off considering other properties and booking whichever one will give you a confirmed upgrade.

Here are the emails for two other properties:

Renaissance Paris République <[email protected]>

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador <[email protected]>

Paris Marriott Opera Guest Relations Manager <[email protected]>
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
For a lot of reasons, the Vendome is a great choice for a honeymoon. One of those reasons, however, is NOT room size. The basic rooms are small, really small. Status upgrades are not unusual, but status upgrades to rooms of a decent size are. I remember my first stay at the Vendome (years ago), I noticed, prior to checkin, that I had, supposedly, been upgraded. Nevertheless, the room I was checked in to was tiny. Went to the front desk to ask why I hadn't received the expected upgrade. Clerk looked at her computer to check my room number, then said: "But, monsieur your room is an upgrade."

Sorry, don't have contact info for property. I didn't request upgrade in advance.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:44 am
Suspended

I found an email for the Renaissance Paris Vendome on TripAdvisor:

Raïs Boukhedouni, Front Office Manager <[email protected]>
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:48 am

I found an email for the Renaissance Paris Vendome on TripAdvisor:

Raïs Boukhedouni, Front Office Manager <[email protected]>
Thank you!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
For a lot of reasons, the Vendome is a great choice for a honeymoon. One of those reasons, however, is NOT room size. The basic rooms are small, really small. Status upgrades are not unusual, but status upgrades to rooms of a decent size are. I remember my first stay at the Vendome (years ago), I noticed, prior to checkin, that I had, supposedly, been upgraded. Nevertheless, the room I was checked in to was tiny. Went to the front desk to ask why I hadn't received the expected upgrade. Clerk looked at her computer to check my room number, then said: "But, monsieur your room is an upgrade."

Sorry, don't have contact info for property. I didn't request upgrade in advance.
Yes I've heard the room sizes are nothing to be excited about - but feel the location is worth it. What about the hotel and area is your reasoning for saying its a great choice for honeymooners?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:29 am
Suspended

Yes I've heard the room sizes are nothing to be excited about - but feel the location is worth it. What about the hotel and area is your reasoning for saying its a great choice for honeymooners?
There are so many other properties that you should proactively contact others to see what they could pre-confirm in terms of an upgrade. I wouldn't expect any complimentary upgrade in July in Paris, if we're being realistic.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:31 pm

There are so many other properties that you should proactively contact others to see what they could pre-confirm in terms of an upgrade. I wouldn't expect any complimentary upgrade in July in Paris, if we're being realistic.
How much better is the location of the Verdome vs the Opera Ambassador and the Reaissance Republique? I've never been to Paris so struggling to balance a larger room vs a better location and/or nicer hotel at the Verdome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.