Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ohmark
Again asking whether any FTer's might have suggestions for restaurants they liked in the area for dinner. Thanks.
We have enjoyed Chez Georges which is about a 15 minute walk and is very well regarded.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by michelin
We have enjoyed Chez Georges which is about a 15 minute walk and is very well regarded.
Thanks. TripAdvisor lists a Chez Georges at 1 rue du mail, about a 20 minute walk from Ren Vendome. But also says there are two other Chez Georges in Paris--so make sure it's the right one. Does this one sound right? http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...de_France.html
Old Sep 16, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Yes, that's the one. I can also recommend Willi's Wine Bar either for dinner or a glass of wine before dinner elsewhere.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
We have several friends, including one who lives in that area, who really like the Royal Madeleine. For good brasserie food, we love Madeleine 7, which is just a bit north of Place de La Madeleine. In that same area, there is a L'Ecluse, another good wine bar with a limited but interesting food menu (and good people watching).
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by glnsf
We have several friends, including one who lives in that area, who really like the Royal Madeleine. For good brasserie food, we love Madeleine 7, which is just a bit north of Place de La Madeleine. In that same area, there is a L'Ecluse, another good wine bar with a limited but interesting food menu (and good people watching).
Thanks.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have Platinum status and will be booking two rooms for a stay here this fall. Does anybody know if both rooms will receive free breakfast? There will be two people in each room. I am the only person with any Marriott status, and both rooms will be in my name.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by rraskopf
I have Platinum status and will be booking two rooms for a stay here this fall. Does anybody know if both rooms will receive free breakfast? There will be two people in each room. I am the only person with any Marriott status, and both rooms will be in my name.
Sounds iffy to me, as they give you two breakfast vouchers per day when you check in, but here is an email address for one of the guest services managers if you'd like to contact them directly and ask -

Maria Roth - [email protected]
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone have any details on the property's current renovations??
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA
Anyone have any luck with upgrades here as a Gold? I'm about to book five nights on points and considering the 50EUR/night upgrade option, as I doubt my chances are great.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
Anyone have any luck with upgrades here as a Gold? I'm about to book five nights on points and considering the 50EUR/night upgrade option, as I doubt my chances are great.
1. This is one property that like to get paid for any upgrades.
2. As a plat, upgrades are not plentiful, but not completely impossible.
3. If you are traveling with a companion, the standard-non-upgraded room is ludicrously undersized and would be unacceptable. Even a one-class upgrade provides a very small room. A 2-class upgrade provides a room that is smaller than the average Marriott room in a typical American downtown location.
4. But the hotel is so otherwise delightful and perfectly located for touring visitors that I would still choose to stay there, as long as I knew in advance that I would not be relegated to the minute standard room.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ohmark
1. This is one property that like to get paid for any upgrades.
2. As a plat, upgrades are not plentiful, but not completely impossible.
3. If you are traveling with a companion, the standard-non-upgraded room is ludicrously undersized and would be unacceptable. Even a one-class upgrade provides a very small room. A 2-class upgrade provides a room that is smaller than the average Marriott room in a typical American downtown location.
4. But the hotel is so otherwise delightful and perfectly located for touring visitors that I would still choose to stay there, as long as I knew in advance that I would not be relegated to the minute standard room.
Thanks for the detailed info. I'll go ahead and pony up for the "Prestige" room upgrade. I don't have the points to spare for anything above the base points rate plus cash upgrade so I won't expect expansive accommodations.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:42 am

I'm Platinum and have booked a room at this property, using points, for an upcoming stay for my daughter. Will she be able to get Platinum benefits when she checks in? I know this can vary at non-domestic hotels and am asking if anyone has had experience with this particular issue at the Renaissance Vendome.
Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Vendome about a year ago on points (I am Platinum). Yes, like at other hotels when you use points, you will get Platinum benefits (most importantly, breakfast; also PAG). However, I'd note that you do not get any additional points for any paid upgrades (after some back and forth with MR, I learned that this is the case when you stay on points at all hotels). We arrived early in the morning after a redeye from the states, and desiring to check in, were told that the only room that was available that time was an "upgraded" room. Tired as we were, and desiring to shower, we gave in and paid for the upgrade. It was still tiny and such, but the one nice thing it had was an outdoor sitting area (it was the room on the first floor just past the stairs you take to go down to the pool), where we were able to enjoy sitting out with cheese and wine a couple of nights. But, ultimately, no points credited for the paid upgrade (because the stay was originally on points). But, we were definitely both provided a nice breakfast each morning.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by dcchi
My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Vendome about a year ago on points (I am Platinum). Yes, like at other hotels when you use points, you will get Platinum benefits (most importantly, breakfast; also PAG). However, I'd note that you do not get any additional points for any paid upgrades (after some back and forth with MR, I learned that this is the case when you stay on points at all hotels). We arrived early in the morning after a redeye from the states, and desiring to check in, were told that the only room that was available that time was an "upgraded" room. Tired as we were, and desiring to shower, we gave in and paid for the upgrade. It was still tiny and such, but the one nice thing it had was an outdoor sitting area (it was the room on the first floor just past the stairs you take to go down to the pool), where we were able to enjoy sitting out with cheese and wine a couple of nights. But, ultimately, no points credited for the paid upgrade (because the stay was originally on points). But, we were definitely both provided a nice breakfast each morning.
Thanks for the information. In my case, I have Platinum status but my daughter does not, so the question is whether she will be offered Platinum benefits for purposes of her stay.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:15 am

If you want to contact someone at the front desk and ask, this person is always very helpful - [email protected].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.