Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
Great Parisian infants' clothing boutique and also a children's shoe boutique right across the street.
My wife would love that.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by 74571945052809
My wife would love that.
I thought maybe that would be the case. The children's/infants' clothes are very cool, very Parisian, very stylish, and very expensive.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Originally Posted by 74571945052809
...we have the choice of the std. guest room or the "larger" guest room for an additional 50 EUR/night... I'm guessing that there won't be enough space for a pack n play given that cribs aren't allowed in the std. room? ...
Was just there recently, and I have to say that the standard size room that I got was supposed to be an upgrade (as a Gold), but you could not have even fit a regular sized suitcase in the room to unpack!!

It was so small, that I kept tripping over everything in the room, and couldn't wait to get out of the room each day. It was probably the smallest room I've ever stayed in, and I stay in Europe quite frequently, so I have seen small rooms before.

There is no way that you are going to have enough space without paying for something larger (e.g., junior suite, suite, etc.).
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by elbidercni
Was just there recently, and I have to say that the standard size room that I got was supposed to be an upgrade (as a Gold), but you could not have even fit a regular sized suitcase in the room to unpack!!

It was so small, that I kept tripping over everything in the room, and couldn't wait to get out of the room each day. It was probably the smallest room I've ever stayed in, and I stay in Europe quite frequently, so I have seen small rooms before.

There is no way that you are going to have enough space without paying for something larger (e.g., junior suite, suite, etc.).
It's too bad because of the great location, but it sounds like the Vendome really isn't going to work for me. Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Public transportation options to Renaissance Vendome in Paris

Wondering whether I can take airport bus and if so, where do I get off?

Thx!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's an airport bus to Opera--not one of the Air France buses. Look at a map and see whether this is walkable to the hotel. IIRC if you look at the usual map orientation, the bus actually stops at the lower left (southwest corner? in the direction of Place de la Concorde) of the Opera building.

Otherwise, the choice would be RER suburban train (partly underground) from the airport (what terminal? RER station is in the basement of Terminal 2, near 2E and the Sheraton hotel there). You could then transfer to a different RER line at Chatellet going toward/under Etoile/Champs Elysees or any subway (=Metro) line there, at Gare du Nord, etc. However, I find it miserable to deal with subways when I have luggage, so it can make sense to take a taxi from the Opera bus stop or a convenient RER station to your hotel. If you take the Air France buses, there are several stops but none very close to your hotel, so the taxi fare would be more, but there are taxi lines very near all of the bus stops.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's an airport bus to Opera--not one of the Air France buses. Look at a map and see whether this is walkable to the hotel. IIRC if you look at the usual map orientation, the bus actually stops at the lower left (southwest corner? in the direction of Place de la Concorde) of the Opera building.

Otherwise, the choice would be RER suburban train (partly underground) from the airport (what terminal? RER station is in the basement of Terminal 2, near 2E and the Sheraton hotel there). You could then transfer to a different RER line at Chatellet going toward/under Etoile/Champs Elysees or any subway (=Metro) line there, at Gare du Nord, etc. However, I find it miserable to deal with subways when I have luggage, so it can make sense to take a taxi from the Opera bus stop or a convenient RER station to your hotel. If you take the Air France buses, there are several stops but none very close to your hotel, so the taxi fare would be more, but there are taxi lines very near all of the bus stops.

Thx. Coming in on AA. Assume Roissy bus will stop outside terminal somewhere
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
I use Viator @ Viator.com for transport at about $28 each way shared and it's door to door
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by anandrag
Thx. Coming in on AA. Assume Roissy bus will stop outside terminal somewhere
Correct - Roissy Bus will pick you up outside the terminal (entrance A9 from 2A - American's arrival area) and take you to Opera (specifically to the corner of Rues Scribe & Auber). From there, it's about a 7 minute walk to Place Vendome. I think the Ren is just southeast of the square, so it might be an extra 2-3 minutes from the map below.

Last edited by billycwhatup; Jul 3, 2012 at 5:30 am
Old Jul 4, 2012, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
Correct - Roissy Bus will pick you up outside the terminal (entrance A9 from 2A - American's arrival area) and take you to Opera (specifically to the corner of Rues Scribe & Auber). From there, it's about a 7 minute walk to Place Vendome. I think the Ren is just southeast of the square, so it might be an extra 2-3 minutes from the map below.
Thx for the detailed response!!

Any ideas for travel back to Orly from there? Actually from Hilton Champs Elysee
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
Thx for the detailed response!!

Any ideas for travel back to Orly from there? Actually from Hilton Champs Elysee
Wimpy response coming......take a taxi (around 30-35 Euro).

If you want to take public transportation, the easiest is to take the OrlyVal train (driverless airport train) to the Antony RER station. From there, you take the train into Paris but will require at least a transfer or two to get to the hotel (from RER to metro).
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:02 am

Renaissance Vendome Paris

I've searched the forums, but haven't found an answer for my specific question.

For those who've stayed at the RV in Paris, what kind of amenities have you received as Platinum guest? An upgrade? Free breakfast? It seems that the CE Marriott is much preferred, but I've stayed in that vicinity before and it isn't at all to my liking.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you should get what you are due..............if you get more feel lucky............if you get less, well you've got URG benees coming........
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...ts/platinum.mi

Originally Posted by RetailTherapy

For those who've stayed at the RV in Paris, what kind of amenities have you received as Platinum guest? An upgrade? Free breakfast? It seems that the CE Marriott is much preferred, but I've stayed in that vicinity before and it isn't at all to my liking.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Thoughts?
Did you read through this thread? You might find your answer in it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ighlight=Paris

Also, according to the exec lounge sticky, you get free breakfast daily since there is no exec lounge.

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: UA 1.4MM, Marriott Platinum

Thoughts?
As a Plat, I was upgraded there while staying on points. They also offered an excellent free buffet breakfast for Plats in the very stylish restaurant on their first floor, which is popular for dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.