Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Mauritius Resort (formerly St. Regis) Mauritius [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Mauritius Resort (formerly St. Regis) Mauritius [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Zol
I noticed that as well during my stay and asked reception as I had chosen Breakfast for my Platinum benefit. I got a blank face and they gave me the points instead (they never posted though).
At breakfast though, they did check the list thoroughly for all guests which is something one would assume would not matter if it was indeed free.
How recent was this? We’re uou staying on points or a paid rate? We’re they looking at the list just to merely confirm you were guests or that you specifically were eligible for breakfast?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:03 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer

How recent was this? We’re uou staying on points or a paid rate? We’re they looking at the list just to merely confirm you were guests or that you specifically were eligible for breakfast?
A month ago, on points. They would ask for the room number then glance across to the following coloumn which shows entitlement; so most guests had HB, FB or RO next to their name. I had PLATINUM.

TBH if its on the website, they couldn't;t possibly deny the benefit
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Zol
A month ago, on points. They would ask for the room number then glance across to the following coloumn which shows entitlement; so most guests had HB, FB or RO next to their name. I had PLATINUM.

TBH if its on the website, they couldn't;t possibly deny the benefit
I hope it is a new standard for the hotel, as I'm only a gold, so no platinum breakfast for me.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
Zol

Well it terms of "standards" the service at the property was appalling to say the least. I will write a review when I get some time but just have low expectations for service and don't expect much by way of upgrade.

I got a St Regis Suite from Junior Suite but had to push for it and I'm a PPE. YMMV hopefully
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
My pleasure, I did use them twice. Very professional, punctual and economical. The STR taxi is at least 40% more expensive (double to the airport).

I have another contact as well if anybody is interested.
Thanks again. I'd be interested in the other contact, just in case the first taxi company falls through somehow.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:30 pm
Zol

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks again. I'd be interested in the other contact, just in case the first taxi company falls through somehow.
Moris Taxi - +23058051212 / ask for Luqi. Excellent English and wifi onboard
Travelsam likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Free snorkels?

I saw a post from a few years ago indicating that the snorkels are provided for free at the activity center. Is that still the case? If so, any reason not to rely on that? (E.g., availability, hygiene?)

Thanks for any advice on this.

Originally Posted by Zol
Moris Taxi - +23058051212 / ask for Luqi. Excellent English and wifi onboard
Thanks for this info!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:00 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
Well it terms of "standards" the service at the property was appalling to say the least. I will write a review when I get some time but just have low expectations for service and don't expect much by way of upgrade.

I got a St Regis Suite from Junior Suite but had to push for it and I'm a PPE. YMMV hopefully
Uh oh. I’ve heard distressing things about this StR property in the Luxury Forum. Your comments reinforce those. I’ll be very interested to read your review when you get around to it.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:05 am

I saw a post from a few years ago indicating that the snorkels are provided for free at the activity center. Is that still the case? If so, any reason not to rely on that? (E.g., availability, hygiene?)

In May this year, we were provided snorkels for free.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum Premier, Skywards Gold, HH Gold, M&M FTL
I've stayed there twice and liked it a lot. On our first stay we rented a car but on our second we didn't and rather opted to stay at the property the whole week. I found the drive to be exhausting because of left-side traffic and after a particularly long flight. If you want to explore the island, a taxi is a far better and still economic choice.

For those of you looking for more, there is a recent and very thorough review of the St. Regis Mauritius over at P&P: https://www.passportandpalmtree.com/...-hotel-review/
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:24 am
Zol

Thanks for this info!
Yes snorkeling is a free activity, they take you out on a boat twice a day(11am and 1pm I think) to a nearby location and you get 45 minutes so snorkel at your leisure.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:13 am

Fee for a 3rd adult is 50EUR with cash rate, and 120EUR with award booking. 70 difference for a suite that can already accommodate 3 people?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zol
Yes snorkeling is a free activity, they take you out on a boat twice a day(11am and 1pm I think) to a nearby location and you get 45 minutes so snorkel at your leisure.
A belated thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[Mistaken post deleted.]
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Email address for contacting hotel?

Does anyone have an email for a manager or someone else at the hotel, for asking questions and making requests? Thanks for any help.

Originally Posted by fereke
In May this year, we were provided snorkels for free.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Travelsam
I've stayed there twice and liked it a lot. On our first stay we rented a car but on our second we didn't and rather opted to stay at the property the whole week. I found the drive to be exhausting because of left-side traffic and after a particularly long flight. If you want to explore the island, a taxi is a far better and still economic choice.

For those of you looking for more, there is a recent and very thorough review of the St. Regis Mauritius over at P&P: https://www.passportandpalmtree.com/...-hotel-review/
Nice review and photos!

Last edited by Thunderroad; Oct 27, 2018 at 4:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.