Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Mauritius Resort (formerly St. Regis) Mauritius [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Mauritius Resort (formerly St. Regis) Mauritius [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Dn10
Kauai one made some sense as it was a different ownership company that wanted to reflag it to their brand, but I'm not too sure why it would go from one high-end Marriott brand to another, although I'm guessing the JW brand standards are slightly below the St Regis on average.
its actually owned by Starwood capital who will open it as a 1Hotel

hard to believe the hard product had fallen so far in 3 years (18 months of which they were probably closed) that it doesn’t live up to the JWM name
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ramiraw
you just know and feel when the staff are skilled or know what they are doing. It’s just a really old and rotting resort. That’s why they had to downgrade it from the St. Regis. Mosquito infested place.

I’ll check out the Meridien tomorrow but I’m not expecting anything better.
Are you sure you were actually there? The reopening of the Le Meridien was postponed to February 2022.

We’ll be at the JW from next week onwards and report back.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:38 pm

Was one of my favorite Bonvoy properties before the re-flag. Haven't been there since, but went back in 2019 and it was pretty great so surprised that this is getting negative reviews now on here.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Mystery7
Are you sure you were actually there? The reopening of the Le Meridien was postponed to February 2022.

hi, yes you’re right the Meridien was not operating at the time.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Mystery7

How was your stay? Can’t wait for your review!
Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by ggb7135
How was your stay? Can’t wait for your review!
We are still here and cannot echo the negative feedback. As a Titanium, we were upgraded to a Beachfront Suite, which is not even in the SNA pool. (SNA was declined 5 days before). However, you can tell by the look of the resort and the rooms why it was probably no longer viable as a St Regis. Still, most of it is in good condition. Our only criticism is the food. After two dinners at the hotel, we only ate outside as the quality was just not right. Nevertheless, we would come back and recommend the hotel! If there are any specific questions, please let me know. I can also add some photos if needed.
najama2 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:38 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Thinking of going next year. Agree food in Mauritius is generally overrated particularly in hotels ( no way can they compete with SE Asia. Are there any restaurants within walking distance or by taxi (preferably not incurring a 100 eu bill!
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by fdem
Thinking of going next year. Agree food in Mauritius is generally overrated particularly in hotels ( no way can they compete with SE Asia. Are there any restaurants within walking distance or by taxi (preferably not incurring a 100 eu bill!
We actually rented a car to be a more flexible. So far we only found one other good restaurant (Wapalapam) which is right at the beginning of the peninsula (5 minutes by car) with decent food and fair prices by Mauritian standards. There are also a few street vendors at the public beach next to the hotel though we haven‘t tried them yet.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:56 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Thanks for your reply. Prefer not to drive at night as enjoy a bit of wine with dinner. Maybe we’ll stick with half board.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Wapalapam Is a good spot. Our favorite on Mauritius is La Sauterelle, but not an option of staying down on the south end (But good choice if staying at The Westin).
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:52 pm

For those who have stayed here recently, is there still free breakfast for platinum members?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:35 am

I contacted the property and they can confirm that Platinum Breakfast for 2 is still being offered.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Anyone recently stay here? Trying to decide between JW / Westin / Le Meridian (Sept. ‘22) and it appears there’s only negative sentiment on all 3 resorts at the moment.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Delta_DTW7
Anyone recently stay here? Trying to decide between JW / Westin / Le Meridian (Sept. ‘22) and it appears there’s only negative sentiment on all 3 resorts at the moment.
honestly better not to go to Mauritius at all
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Ramiraw
honestly better not to go to Mauritius at all
Are you going to actually add any value to your posts by explaining why your experience was so negative? Just constantly repeating "avoid at all cost" doesn't help anyone.
mchristie2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.