Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Roberto Louza Musetti Naccache
Hello fellow travelers, would like to ask for your wisdom here,

I have a few 35k certificates and want to use in Dubai in November. My options are:
- Courtyard Al Barsha, Dubai
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers
- Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai
- Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Grand Stay Hotel SZR Dubai

I never been to Dubai before, will do some touristic stuff (2-3 full days) plus one day in the Expo. I am looking for a good breakfast and recognition (Ambassador).

Which hotel would you recommend?
Thanks a lot!
- R
Out of the ones you listed, I would probably pick the Four Points on SZR.
short walk to the Dubai Metro. Near the key tourist sites like the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. It's not a luxury property by any means but does its job well.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold

I have a few 35k certificates and want to use in Dubai in November. My options are:

I never been to Dubai before, will do some touristic stuff (2-3 full days) plus one day in the Expo. I am looking for a good breakfast and recognition (Ambassador).

Thanks a lot!
- R
I would recommend the Courtyard. Had a stay there for around 10 hours last month and the stay was ok. They have limited suites and the breakfast was ok.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:59 am

Thanks a lot!
- R
Just an FYI, you could also include the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi in that list (if the location works for you), it still surprisingly is a Category 5.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

Thanks a lot!
- R
Sheraton Dubai Creek is head and shoulders above the others in this list as a full service hotel. I've regularly been put into huge suites here, including the presidential suite. No guarantees of course as it's dependent on occupancy but although it's an older property I'd absolutely choose it over the others on that list.

The flip side is you're the wrong side of the Creek so allow for Careem/Taxi costs.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed at Sheraton Dubai Creek earlier this year as Plat and "only" got upgraded to an Exec room. Lovely creek balcony views though and great hospitality. Would definitely stay there again if I was planning to be close to the airport or needed to be in that part of Dubai.
Breakfast was OK, nothing remarkable. Think they whipped up Egg Bennys. Probably better breakfast than the other options on your list. Location is far out so you'll need a long cab-ride when going out.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:03 am

Question

Hello,

We will be staying at Dubai in December and have planned 5 nights Al Maha, 3 nights JW and 3 nights before my wife will arrive.

So for the 3 nights at the beginning I'm still not sure what hotel to choose. I will arrive late at midnight and will be working these days mostly inside the room. So I don't want to spent a fortune for said days.
Current status is Titanium. So locking for a good elite recognition and good wifi is a must.

Currently on my list are:
Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai
Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers
Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel, Dubai
Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre
Aloft Palm Jumeirah

The Marriott and the Sheratons except the Mall of Emirates one are roughly the same price. The Le Méridien is slightly more expensive. The most expensive are the Aloft and Sheraton Mall of the Emirates.
Any recommendation what to choose?

Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Just an FYI, you could also include the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi in that list (if the location works for you), it still surprisingly is a Category 5.
Just staying week long here, after staying twice previously in Westin Mina Seyahi. Had an issue with loud music until 1am often from Barasti, which I did not staying in Westin before. Either that or your room faces the other direction and you never get a sun light. You get what you pay for and it slightly less comfortable, including the lounge which is open. Breakfast is also bellow what is in Westin. All in all, I would get back to pay slight premium for Westin next time.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by DevDedication
Hello,

We will be staying at Dubai in December and have planned 5 nights Al Maha, 3 nights JW and 3 nights before my wife will arrive.

So for the 3 nights at the beginning I'm still not sure what hotel to choose. I will arrive late at midnight and will be working these days mostly inside the room. So I don't want to spent a fortune for said days.
Current status is Titanium. So locking for a good elite recognition and good wifi is a must.

Aloft Palm Jumeirah

The Marriott and the Sheratons except the Mall of Emirates one are roughly the same price. The Le Méridien is slightly more expensive. The most expensive are the Aloft and Sheraton Mall of the Emirates.

Thanks
I would go for the Marriot al Jaddaf.

I stayed last weekend in the Marriott Al Jaddaf. Lounge was closed, as there is. Cricket tournament in town and parts of the hotel (including lounge) are reserved for a national Cricket team. they offered free access to the evening buffet at their main restaurant. Including drinks. Which was nice. However you will be there in December and by that time they have re-opened their regular Club Lounge.

I am titanium, they upgraded us to a corner suite. Nice room! Downside of staying here for me is the small pool on the roof. And very limited place to relax around the pool (especially when it’s busy). If you are only staying there to work a few days this might be a nice place. If you are looking for a nice hotel to spend time with the family I would ignore due to the small pool area and the fact that there is nothing around the hotel. You always need a cab and there is no metro access. It’s 10 min from the airport.

I also stayed one night at the Sheraton Grand this week. Again upgraded to a nice corner suite. In the Club Lounge at night there were some small bites. The next morning service at breakfast in the Lounge was slow, even though there were not many people.

Rooftop pool is nice and slightly bigger as the Marriott Al Jaddaf. However it’s fully surrounded by walls and I can imagine it can become very hot inside this area due to the lack of wind. They do have happy hour from 5-7pm.

We had also had dinner buffet in the Feast restaurant (150 aed pp), as the Club Lounge food was so limited. The buffet in feast was nice. I will however likely not return. The room on the 11th floor faced the highway in the front, so if you are a light sleeper you will some noise from outside. My daughter who is 11 joined me, she was normally not allowed in the lounge in the evening but after asking they seated us just around the corner, so she was not in the bar area.

I also stayed a week at the GH, which is not comparable with these two hotels. Will write a review and drop some pics this weekend.
DevDedication likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 3:20 pm

Hello,

Aloft Palm Jumeirah

Thanks
If you are planning to stay in the hotel to get work done + decent elite recognition, then just go for the Sheraton Grand or Marriott Jaddaf, likely the two cheapest options in your list. Both have decent lounges so that if you have to continue working while your room is being cleaned you can take it to the lounge. Both have decent breakfast and evening drinks spread (a couple hot items). Sheraton grand is much better located if location still matters.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I second the Sheraton Grand. I’ve always had a great stay there. Excellent customer service. Modern rooms and good food. Small but nice lounge with separate business centre.

I find the Marriott Jaddaf a bit dated and in the middle of know where.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:00 pm

For those who have stayed at both JW Marriott and Sheraton Mall of Emirates, which one would you recommend, keeping in mind I have Titanium status. I have both booked using BRG so prices are pretty good. Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hello,

Aloft Palm Jumeirah

Thanks
currently typing this from the sheraton mall of the emirates....this is my go-to hotel in dubai & i've probably spent well over 200 nights here over the years....great location & great elite recognition....service is good, lounge is open & the convenience of having the mall attached to the hotel makes it ideal in terms of having access to shopping & restaurants without having to venture out....
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bobu
For those who have stayed at both JW Marriott and Sheraton Mall of Emirates, which one would you recommend, keeping in mind I have Titanium status. I have both booked using BRG so prices are pretty good. Thanks!
elite recognition is very good at the sheraton mall of the emirates....
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
elite recognition is very good at the sheraton mall of the emirates....
Is it no good at JW? Would you be able to give a bit more specifics?

Also, what kind of room do they usually upgrade titanium members, and is breakfast provided or just at the lounge?

Last edited by bobu; Oct 30, 2021 at 4:09 am
Old Oct 30, 2021, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobu
Is it no good at JW? Would you be able to give a bit more specifics?

Also, what kind of room do they usually upgrade titanium members, and is breakfast provided or just at the lounge?
i've never stayed at the jw here so can't comment on elite recognition there....

i always get upgraded to an executive suite at the sheraton mall of emirates....also get breakfast & lounge access....there are many other elite members i've recommended this property to & they have all received upgrades to deluxe suites at least, along with breakfast & lounge access....

Last edited by Keyser; Oct 31, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.