Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
[Renaissance is a] Short walk to the Four Points, Embassy Suites, and the Marriott......
Fair, but I assume that if someone wants hotel food, then they will just stay at the Renaissance (which was fine the one time I ate there...very good wings, in fact)

Didn't know the BK closed...I've moved all of my LAX stays to other properties.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:54 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I stayed at the Westin LAX over the Christmas break. The lounge was closed for some reason (renovations?), but the Westin had a small room set up for their Plat's offering a hot breakfast. It wasn't elaborate, but had 2-3 hot entrees and a 2-3 cold offerings.

There is a Denny's about 5 mins walk from the Westin LAX towards the airport if that helps.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is the Sheraton at LAX out of the question? One advantage is that it's walkable from the airport as it's just beyond the Hyatt.

You could contact the hotels and ask them when their lounge happy hour times end. IME 8 pm especially at an airport property would not be unusual and should work for you if the flight is on time.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I just stayed at the Westin

They had breakfast in the lounge on Sunday, eggs bacon, and other stuff, shuttle is a bit of a wait, but other than that, had a nice stay
Old May 5, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by urww
Btw afaik new Bonvoy rules don't make Westin to provide a complimentary breakfast at a restaurant if a lounge is closed. I think there is good chance of lounge being closed on Sat morning, so no breakfast at Westin then?
At Westin, you can always choose breakfast in the restaurant as your Platinum amenity, even if the lounge is open.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100k, UA Platinum, Delta Gold, Marriott Ambassador
I have stayed at The Renaissance a lot, the lounge will be closed but the breakfast there is great, in-fact the restaurant there is pretty decent as well
Not stayed at The Westin yet though but overall a great experience at The Renaissance
Old May 11, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Thanks everyone for chiming in.
Just about to wrap up my stay at The Renaissance.

I picked Renaissance over Westin because of close proximity to AVIS. The hotel is decent. It looks tired outside, but all redone inside, lobby and restaurant are all nice and fresh. They didn't give me a suite (though that seemed to be fair as the hotel was sold out a few days prior to my arrival), but a Club lever room. That seems to be a pretty nice standard room on a club floor, also renovated with fresh design and furniture. Soundproof is good, plus I've got a pretty close up view on descending aircraft right from a bed.

Lounge
Closed on Fri eve and Sat, so didn't get to use it.

Breakfast
As the lounge was closed I was provided a full breakfast in their main restaurant, which was fine by international standards or very good by US standards. Omelette station (very well done omelettes, lots of fillings to choose from), above average sausages, French toasts, fresh fruits, salmon - all were available.
I didn't need to fight for a breakfast, the check in agent explained everything like its a standard procedure (so I don't know why the hotel is listed as a no full breakfast property in Marriott Bonvoy T&C). On top of that I got 1000 points as welcome amenity which is not bad for $120 stay. In Westin I would have to pick a full breakfast instead of points.

All in all can recommend it.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: Aeromexico Platinum and AA Exec Platinum
Best Option at LAX

We have 2 overnight connections at LAX next month. One is very short (midnight to 8:30am) and the other is better (5pm to 10am). For the first one I’m looking for the closest option and the fastest transfer time. Should we take a taxi/Uber vs. hotel shuttle? The second stay will be looking for the best room service menu or hotel restaurant since we will be too tired and jetlegged to go out.

Thanks in advance
Old May 25, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Southwest Companion, United Premier Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by betonic
We have 2 overnight connections at LAX next month. One is very short (midnight to 8:30am) and the other is better (5pm to 10am). For the first one I’m looking for the closest option and the fastest transfer time. Should we take a taxi/Uber vs. hotel shuttle? The second stay will be looking for the best room service menu or hotel restaurant since we will be too tired and jetlegged to go out.

Thanks in advance
I stay at LAX typically 1 time per week. I have tried all the full service Marriott properties. They all have their flaws and I have settled on the Renaissance as my go to....smaller hotel, service good, gym nice, food good and always get upgraded to a suite.

It can be a sh*t show getting from the airport to your hotel no matter what hotel you choose. If arrive in terminal 1, 2, 3, it can easily be a 30-40 minute process to get to your hotel on the shuttle. Traffic can be horrible and you will stop at every terminal for pick up and drop off. If you are towards the end of the terminal chain, the shuttle buses can be full and they will drive right by you. I have seen this happen many times. I personally in a situation like yours would take a cab. It will be $20 and will save you a bunch of stress. I would not take an Uber/Lyft as that can be a sh*t show too.

The transfer back to the airport is easier. The shuttle from Renaissance to the airport is super quick. You will be at terminal 1 within 5 minutes.

Hope this helps.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 7summits
They all have their flaws and I have settled on the Renaissance as my go to....smaller hotel, service good, gym nice, food good and always get upgraded to a suite.
And generally the cheapest option as well.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Aeromexico Platinum and AA Exec Platinum
Very helpful, thank you! And you read my mind on the nice gym.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Sheraton is walkable, especially from T1 and T2, although there's a little underpass which I wouldn't want to take after dark. The lounge is fine for the USA and high tier elites are likely to get junior suites, some of which have corner windows and runway views.

Some like the FourPoints for its craft beer program in which the GM (or is he the former GM by now?) takes an interest.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I have done the T7<->Hyatt walk multiple times the past month, and with the Sheraton ~5 min past the Hyatt, it's very doable (esp. if you feel like stretching your legs before or after a flight).

I am not familiar with any underpass to be wary of - there are stoplights w/marked crosswalks at all key points (going to/from T1 to the garage, T1 to the main N/S sidewalk, and then crossing Sepulveda.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by 7summits
It can be a sh*t show getting from the airport to your hotel no matter what hotel you choose. If arrive in terminal 1, 2, 3, it can easily be a 30-40 minute process to get to your hotel on the shuttle. Traffic can be horrible and you will stop at every terminal for pick up and drop off. If you are towards the end of the terminal chain, the shuttle buses can be full and they will drive right by you.
If I see the Budget Car Rental van first, I jump on it and walk across the street to the Ren.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The trip from LAX to the Century Blvd hotels and/or rental car locations on Aviation may be the most cursed 1 mile drive in the world. Though there are times Sukhumvit gives it a run for the money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.