Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
can't speak about the RC lounge offerings but its gotta be in a better location then the JW is.........

Originally Posted by BRUGUY
Thanks, not much difference in price for the deal I got, so happy to pay for Ritz club if worth it ...
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
can't speak about the RC lounge offerings but its gotta be in a better location then the JW is.........
RC lounge offerings at the Seoul property is very good, nearly 4 meals a day, Breakfast, small lunch items, tea time (very good items) and dinner. It is worth the price you pay which is not much. Service is good and friendly.
Happy hour is good, you can also order cocktails.

In my opinion, RC is one notch up compared to JW (not much, but still I put it higher on my ranking). BTW, if you pay for lounge access, you are booking basically a club floor.

Cheers!
Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier , BA Silver, Miles and More Silver, Windham Rewards Diamond
Thanks, RC it will be than
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Going to spend my & spouses Cat 5 Megabonus certificates in Seoul...

Basically can't decide between Courtyard and Renaissance! Renaissance is twice the price when using cash so seems to be a better deal pointswise, since both are Cat 5.

We are going to spend 5 nights doing tourist stuff, will use subway and not afraid of walking so both are fine in that regard.

Renaissance has a pool, that's a plus, if it's not too beat up.

Anyone can compare lounge food (and drink!) quality? Does any of these hotels allow Platinums to take breakfast in the restaurant instead of lounge?

Which is more generous about upgrades?

Thanks for any input!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:58 pm
Suspended

consult Sharons sticky (she goes to alot of trouble to keep it updated)
for immediate info..........
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html

- Ren does not provide lounge brekkie............its provided on floor above which is basically a rooftop restaurant.......
- with a few exceptions, CY's do not provide comp brekkie to G/P......
- upgrades at most props are subject to availability at checkin..........

Originally Posted by elva
Going to spend my & spouses Cat 5 Megabonus certificates in Seoul...

Basically can't decide between Courtyard and Renaissance! Renaissance is twice the price when using cash so seems to be a better deal pointswise, since both are Cat 5.

We are going to spend 5 nights doing tourist stuff, will use subway and not afraid of walking so both are fine in that regard.

Renaissance has a pool, that's a plus, if it's not too beat up.

Anyone can compare lounge food (and drink!) quality? Does any of these hotels allow Platinums to take breakfast in the restaurant instead of lounge?

Which is more generous about upgrades?

Thanks for any input!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
- Ren does not provide lounge brekkie............its provided on floor above which is basically a rooftop restaurant.......
Is this the restaurant where breakfast is served if it's included in the rate? The sticky is a bit confusing about the "23rd floor".

Of course upgrades are subject to availability (at all properties) but some are more generous and some stingy when the availability is there.

Anyone willing to comment on the quality & spread of the evening snacks & drinks at either property? Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:36 pm
Suspended

as a MR's G you'll get lounge and breakfast........unlike other breakfast/lounge combos, this prop serves brekkie in a private area rest on the floor above the lounge.............
since I did not see other guests using this space for breakfast I can only assume this area is not the downstairs breakfast/lunch/dinner rest, but had more then sufficient hot/cold choices, inc an omlette station........

the evenings snacks (last stay was last year) and drinks provided at the Ren lounge were adequate (although we went out for some great bibimbap in a rest area 5-min away from the hotel - out and to the right, up the hill towards metro sta)........

Originally Posted by elva
Is this the restaurant where breakfast is served if it's included in the rate? The sticky is a bit confusing about the "23rd floor".

Of course upgrades are subject to availability (at all properties) but some are more generous and some stingy when the availability is there.

Anyone willing to comment on the quality & spread of the evening snacks & drinks at either property? Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Ritz-Carlton Seoul - Club lounge review

Hi,

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the RC Seoul. Again, paid to be on the Club floor. I have stayed rather (frequently) at this property - about 3-4 times per year.
Sadly to say, was rather dissapointed with the F&B offerings at this property. Since staying here for the first time from 3 years ago, the F&B offereings in the Club lounge is getting boring (with a big B).
Main complain - lack of ideas on the dishes, it has been year in year out the same food.
This last visit, was even worst, within this short stay, for the evening offering, they offered the same cycle twice! I also have the feeling that there are some cost cutting since the last time I was there (though they did again increase the rate for Club floor). The red wine quality seems to have deteriorated, they are serving the same red wine that you get onboard KLM economy

The quality of the food is still good, but just the variety is so boring and I do expect that since you have to pay for access to the Club lounge, there should be a better variety in the offerings. I have complained before after my last stay, but seems that things have even gone worst.

Other than that, the Club associates are still very professional and what you would expect from an RC.
Still thinking if I should write a note to the customer service to wake the hotel up on this or not.

Rooms are still the same. As a Plat, the only benefit they provided me was a one level upgrade to a deluxe corner room. Nothing else.

Cheers!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Don't see anything in the Marriott forum or in this specific forum as to whether anyone has stayed at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul and can share their experiences? I know it's a new hotel but figured someone on FlyerTalk has experienced
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mh3265a
Don't see anything in the Marriott forum or in this specific forum as to whether anyone has stayed at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul and can share their experiences? I know it's a new hotel but figured someone on FlyerTalk has experienced
the pool and buffet look amazing from what I've seen the Morning Calm Korean Air magazine. Going to stay there next month.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Which of the JWs in Seoul is better the JW Marriott Seoul or the JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul? I'll be staying there this coming week and trying to decide between the two?

Any recommendations?
Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: AA CK Hilton Diamond
I've stayed at both of the JW Marriott Hotels in Seoul.

I like both hotels. I think the biggest thing to consider when choosing between the two is which location is more convenient to where you need to be in Seoul.

The original one is on the South side of the river and the new one is in the East side of downtown across the street from the ancient East Gate (Dongdemun).

Both hotels are very comfortable and have excellent executive floor lounges.

Each hotel has good access to the subway.

The original JW is a very large hotel with extensive conferences and events going on. It is also directly connected to a large mall with a huge department store and the Express Bus Terminal. The bus terminal is much better than a bus station in the US. There are quite a few restaurants in the mall and bus terminal. The restaurants vary from fast food to very expensive. Western and Korean food are available.

The new JW in Dongdemun is a smaller "boutique" hotel with about 170 rooms. The staff was fantastic and I will make this my "go to" hotel for future visits to Seoul. Most of my work is in the downtown area so location has always been the disadvantage to the original JW for my trips to Seoul. The executive floor also included breakfast in the restaurant on the second floor which was FANTASTIC!!!

Since the JW Dongdemun is a new hotel some of the taxi drivers are not familiar with it yet so be sure to get a card from the front desk with directions to the hotel in Hangul and English to improve your prospects to getting back successfully.

Each hotel may be easily reached from either airport by bus, taxi, subway, or hotel limo.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Best Marriott property in Seoul for weekend getaway....

My Bro and I are getting away to Seoul from NY for a long weekend (arriving Friday, leaving Monday). Does anyone have suggestions for the best Marriott/RC property for a couple of guys that want to hit the town in style?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

TFD
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Only been there a couple of times, but my answer would be none. JW Dongdaemun would likely be the best.

I like the Grand Hyatt near Itaewon. But there are likely many here that can give a better answer.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
If you plan on using public transportation I'd suggest the JW at the bus terminal. You have easy access to the express subway to GMP with connection to ICN and multiple subway lines to other parts of town. Very nice executive lounge too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.