Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:58 pm

re> lounge access at Renaissance Seoul, Korea

I'm korean and often visit Ren Seoul. The lounge door of Ren Seoul is always open and therefore you don't need to bring your room key for entering.

And a very kind service staff is usually standbying near the lounge entrance.

You should pay 25,000 KRW (exclunding service charge and tax) for your wife.

For your 6-year old kid, I'm not sure whether they usually require payment for such a young kid or not.

And on weekend, breakfast at the Elise Restaurent is served instead of BRF at the lounge.

Last edited by eatman74; Jun 24, 2011 at 9:06 pm
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
JW Marriot vs Westin Chosun

Hi Guys,

This forum might be a little out of place, but just wondering if anyone has stayed at the JW Seoul and the Westin Chosun Seoul. I would appreciate an objective comparison between the two properties. Thanks in advance!

BKKboy
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by MPower78
I'm going to Seoul for 3 weeks and my family is coming with me.
I've stayed at Renaissance for $75/night + taxes before however, I'm wondering if anyone has better deal at any Marriott properties in South Korea.

Also, which property do you recommend for kids? Do they have concierge lounge at either Renaissance or JW Marriott? (I wasn't Gold when I stayed at Renaissance before)
Just curious how OP was able to book a room for $75/night at the Renaissance. Was this a special discounted rate, not available to the public?

On a slightly different topic, how does the JW Marriott Seoul compare to say the JW Marriott Hong Kong?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
JW Seoul next to/part of long distance train/bus lines but in the area for getting dinner/shopping, forget it............. HKG is part of complex of shopping/restauarants/metro (along with Conrad).................. in a nutshell----NO comparison!

maybe that's why my upcoming trip back to Seoul will be at Renaissance!

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Just curious how OP was able to book a room for $75/night at the Renaissance. Was this a special discounted rate, not available to the public?

On a slightly different topic, how does the JW Marriott Seoul compare to say the JW Marriott Hong Kong?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:00 pm

Seoul: JW vs RC

So I have an upcoming 5 day stay in Seoul(spring 2012) and my corporate rate at the RC is only $20 for a club room vs a regular JW room. My gold status will guarantee my lounge pass in the JW.

JW is rated higher in ta but not too sure which hotel features better lounge. I am after free food(brekkie, lunch and dinner in the lounge) and good selection drinks. Anyone stay at those hotels recently. Which one would you recommend more? (with free quality food/drinks in mind). I don't care too much about the room since I will be out most of the time and only sleep in it.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
I haven't stayed at both properties but have stayed at CY at Times Sqaure and Renaissance more than 60 days in 2011.

I can tell you CY at times squre is far better than Renaissance at Yeok-Sam but CY doesn't have a pool though. Breakfast at CY is far better and property is newer.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:18 pm

Spent a lot of nights at the JW in Seoul. Lounge is great. Food at breakfast and in the evenings is enough such that if you want to make a meal out of it, no problem. Free flow of drinks in the evening. Great service.

The lounge is not huge, so it can get a bit crowded but never to the point where I was unable to get a seat.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:48 pm

I have about 80 nights or so this year at the RC. I prefer it due to the location myself. There is a bunch of food near by. The hotel is not as new as the JW however.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:43 pm

Travelling with family to Seoul

I'll be travelling to Seoul with my wife and two kids (18 & 14). When trying to make a reservation with 4 guests, none of the hotels show up. The maximum number of guests it'll take is 3. Has anyone travelled with their family to Seoul? If so, how did you get around this situation without having to reserve two rooms? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by davelnca
I'll be travelling to Seoul with my wife and two kids (18 & 14). When trying to make a reservation with 4 guests, none of the hotels show up. The maximum number of guests it'll take is 3. Has anyone travelled with their family to Seoul? If so, how did you get around this situation without having to reserve two rooms? Thanks.
Renaissance Seoul has junior suites with 2 doubles.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Help Please, Seoul

Hi, first post here on the Marriott thread. Wife and I are doing a mini round the world this fall to celebrate retirement and burn off all the frequent flyer and hotel points!

We have 4 nights in Seoul in early November and 77494 points to burn

Seems there are 2 choices:

Courtyard Seoul Times Square at 80000 points which will require a small purchase of points, or may even spend enough to get the points on the visa

OR

Renaissance Seoul Hotel at 100,000 points which will cost about $270 in points buying, which is about $15 less than a room for the night.

Either solution is OK by us, questions are:

Is there a big difference in the "quality" of the 2 hotels?

Am I correct in assuming the Renaissance Seoul Hotel is more centralised in the tourist area or do both have good and easy access to public transport?

How easy (and cheap / expensive) is it to get to the hotels from the airport?

Will Silver Elite get me anything?

Any other information for a first time visitor to Seoul (actually first time in the far east) would be appreciated

Thanks

Last edited by ex-egll; Mar 28, 2012 at 6:55 pm
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:09 pm
Suspended

heading for Ren Seoul (in the Gangnam region of the city) next week (stayed at the JW last time)

upon arriving into ICN you can take the KAL limo bus #6703 (from either gate 4B or 11A) directly to the hotel............. if you're flying KAL you can buy tickets on the flight at -12% regular price......

sorry, no idea on getting from ICN to CY, but their website says:
Alternate transportation: For hotel limousine service, please contact the hotel; fee: 115000 KRW (one way) ;reservation required
Bus service, fee: 9,000.00 KRW (one way)
Subway service, fee: 4,500.00 KRW (one way)
Estimated taxi fare: 60,000.00 KRW (one way)

silver status will generally only get you bonus points on paid stays, but on awards, well, guess it's up to the hotel to be generous if they want to but Korean properties that I've stayed at usually do no more then they are required to do.........

for more info: http://www.airport.kr/airport/traffi...ist.iia?flag=E

Originally Posted by ex-egll
We have 4 nights in Seoul in early November and 77494 points to burn...........Renaissance Seoul Hotel at 100,000 points which will cost about $270 in points buying, which is about $15 less than a room for the night...... good and easy access to public transport?

Last edited by BKKLEE; Mar 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:30 pm

I have stayed at both JW and CY, but not the Ren, which is on the other side of the river near the Seoul train station.

I would recommend the CY which is quite new and right above a shopping mall, plus easy access too from the airport by airport bus.

You mentioned 4 nights in Seoul. Not sure if you are aware as you are redeeming points, the 5th night is free. Or maybe you don't need that extra night.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Thanks for the responses.

I was aware of the free fifth night but couldn't work it int flight availability. It was a nightmare getting the flights in the first place.

ex-egll
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:10 am
Suspended

Renaissance Seoul "claims" full occupancy

I'll be arriving into Seoul and staying at the Renaissance on 7-9 April.
Because our flight arrives at 6AM, when I received a request from their Virtual Concierge today I requested an early check-in and almost immediately got a reply from their FOM that they could not honor this request as they had full occupancy on the night of 6 April.
Curious, I went to Marriott.com and was able to book an additional
6-rooms for the night of the 06 April WITHOUT any problems.
Either the FOM doesn't know his inventory or is not telling me the truth or Marriott.com is wrong................
I'll "bet"" on the FOM!
In the alternative, if really "full", looks like I'll have 6 Ultimate Guarantee claims...........

Last edited by BKKLEE; Apr 2, 2012 at 4:17 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.