Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Aruba

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
One is a full service hotel. One is timeshare villas. Both have benefits. Search away.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
One is a full service hotel. One is timeshare villas. Both have benefits. Search away.
The surf club has a lazy river which I enjoy immensely.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
The Renaissance in Oranjestad is very nice. They even own a private island just off the coast, and will take you out there on a boat.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
+1 on the lazy river, but it really depends what kind of vacation experience you want. As mentioned, the Stellaris is a FS Marriott and as a Plat you're likely to get a room upgrade if you request nicely ahead of time and at check in. The Surf Club is timeshare and it sounds like at 280k that is a 2 bedroom villa?

If you only have a couple people, the 2bd villa isn't worth it since you won't be using the other room. You'd only need the upgrade to a 1bd villa. Having the kitchen and fridge is nice if you want to go to the store and get things for breakfast or lunch etc, but if you're planning on eating meals out all week then you won't get use out of it and the Stellaris may be a better fit.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
Thanks for the info. It's just my wife and I and I doubt we will ever be eating in the room. We are more about experiencing the local food when we travel. I thought about the renaissance, but I've heard all the action is over by the other 2 Marriotts, although we would save a lot of points staying at the Ren, but I think I want to be able to just walk out on to the beach and relax and not worry about taking a boat or bus.

I've done some searches and found a few threads and it looks like the FS Marriott is the way to go. We also decided to pay the extra 70k pts instead of paying the ~$500 we would have to pay on top of the 210k pts to get their min room (the partial oceanview room) that was available. I requested the Platinum upgrade in our reservation too, so fingers crossed on that.

Will the Surf Club let you use the lazy river if you are staying at the FS Marriott?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by sigtau150
Thanks for the info. It's just my wife and I and I doubt we will ever be eating in the room. We are more about experiencing the local food when we travel. I thought about the renaissance, but I've heard all the action is over by the other 2 Marriotts, although we would save a lot of points staying at the Ren, but I think I want to be able to just walk out on to the beach and relax and not worry about taking a boat or bus.

I've done some searches and found a few threads and it looks like the FS Marriott is the way to go. We also decided to pay the extra 70k pts instead of paying the ~$500 we would have to pay on top of the 210k pts to get their min room (the partial oceanview room) that was available. I requested the Platinum upgrade in our reservation too, so fingers crossed on that.

Will the Surf Club let you use the lazy river if you are staying at the FS Marriott?
No, only people staying at the surf club can use the lazy river. They give everyone wristbands. Its been a big problem with people staying elsewhere sneaking in.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT, Hertz Pres Circle
This email is no longer valid. Does anyone have any updated contact info?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:25 am

[email protected]

[email protected]

Not GM but concierge and Front Desk Manager I believe
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by peteyp97
We're going the Tuesday after Easter for a week, and I'm trying to see if there is a Junior suite or bigger room for the wife, me and 2 growing boys. Had knee replacement surgery recently, and the wife won't be able to sleep in a double bed with me because it's still hard to get comfortable.
Can't help with the contact info, but calling the hotel would probably be the best bet if you need to talk to somebody. BTW, it would be the reservations manager that would take care of arrangements of this nature.

Regarding your knee. Having had knee surgery before, my guess is by April you will have no problem sleeping and getting comfortable. It took me about 3 months before I was back to normal from a sleep perspective. The rooms at this hotel have queen beds, not double beds so that should be of some help. I don't know how big your boys are, but sharing a real queen bed will be much more comfortable for them than sharing a sofa bed. FWIW, all of their rooms and suites state "Rollaway beds not permitted".
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Regarding your knee. Having had knee surgery before, my guess is by April you will have no problem sleeping and getting comfortable. It took me about 3 months before I was back to normal from a sleep perspective. The rooms at this hotel have queen beds, not double beds so that should be of some help. I don't know how big your boys are, but sharing a real queen bed will be much more comfortable for them than sharing a sofa bed. FWIW, all of their rooms and suites state "Rollaway beds not permitted".
Thread was started sev years ago. Hopefully his knee has recovered! But good info on the beds in the room.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Well, duh (as I slap heal of hand against forehead).
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Well, duh (as I slap heal of hand against forehead).
which is one of the downsides of digging up new threads
not a dig at you but just an overall comment
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:18 pm

Still waiting for an update. Now I'm planning our engagement anniversary trip. Just booked. Any recommendations?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:53 am

We did the tradewind Floor and got the worst room on the floor as a Platinum. I was told that almost everyone in the Tradewind Floor was a Platinum too. I would not expect anything as Plat except an extra pts at checkin. Maybe you will have a better experience than we did. Overall we haven't been too impressed by the Marriotts in the Carribean region in terms of service.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:45 pm

Aruba- is the Marriott Stelaris nicer than the Westin?

Planning a trip and trying to decid which hotel to stay at. The quality of the pool is important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.