Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Marriott, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brisbane Marriott, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Sorry you had this experience. I stay on friends and family rates int'l and domestic and every once in a while this happens. Always make sure to get a folio when you check out to ensure proper points credit (this is especially important if you're staying outside the US as Marriott Rewards only has access to a domestic folio database...or at least that's what they tell me).
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade

Marriott Concierge: Marriott is doing a really great job of frustrating its clientele. If there is anyway you could assist me in resolving my points posting I would appreciate it. If there is anyway you could educate the Brisbane Marriott, even better. If there is anyway you could remove the totally annoying phone tree at Platinum Guest Services that would be great too. When is Marriott going to replace the slow and resource consuming home page?
PM Marriott Concierge with a link to your post.

Cheers.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
You can asked for an agent, the most expeditious way to get through, but it does not ask you for your Marriott Rewards number so puts you in the regular queue.
I first tried asking it about missing points to which it took its time telling me about my last 5 stays that posted.
How could it read you your last 5 stays if it doesn't collect your MR #? What number are you calling? I can't remember ever being subjected to anything but the "enter your MR #" prompt before being connected to an agent.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I was calling Platinum Guest Services (FYI it's on the back of your Plat Card)

I called using Skype. So Marriott was not using caller ID functionality. Marriott doesn't have the smarts to use any caller ID functionality as that is way out of their league.

Yes, to access the INFORMATION via the voice system one needs their MR #. But when you ask for agent it puts you over to a completely separate system. The first time I called I never entered my MR #. The second time I called when I attempted to navigate their Voice automated system I entered my MR#. During that call when I finally got to a point where it would accept me saying "Agent" it then sent me over to a completely different system which asked "Please tell us why you are calling". I had just told the previous Voice automated system why I was calling so it was obvious these systems did not speak to each other. If they did speak to each other, then my complaint would have been why does a Plat have to wait on hold for 10 minutes.

Yeah, the new system sucks. There is no more "enter your MR #" prompt before being connected to an agent. As I said in my original post, it must have been designed by the same folks who did their web side downgrades.

Please feel free to check it out for yourself. Actually you don't even have to be Plat to use this number now to get to an agent, so everyone can use it; of course everyone is put into the same queue anyway.

I would strongly recommend any Plat that wishes to get through to Guest Services with less of a wait to call Plat Reservations to do so. After the message about waiting for 10 minutes, I called Plat reservations and they connected me to Guest Services with hardly any wait.

I occurred to me as I finished writing this email that perhaps Marriott has gotten rid of Plat Guest Services.

Marriott Concierge, would you care to take a crack at the latest screw up from your employer's staff and attempt to address the underlying questions? Has anyone been held accountable for the ill will and millions of dollars this is costing the company? If not, then I would strongly recommend Marriott remove the person responsible for all of these screw ups and start over. It is quite laughable.

Sharon: I did PM Marriott Concierge, but it's the weekend.

Last edited by bdschobel; Apr 1, 2018 at 6:31 am Reason: removed phone number
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
just a reminder to all - the Marriott Associate Pleasure, Marriott Associate business and Marriott Associate Friends and Family rates are benefits of being an associate - there are requirements that go along with these benefits such as acting professionally while staying at a hotel and the understanding of how the business operates and the further understanding of business needs and needing to be flexible during your stay at the hotel (ie representing both your hotel and the company well).....unfortunately there are times guests at these rates demand that they be given everything (upgrades, comp parking etc) before all other non-benefit guests receive them (you know the ones paying the bills and our paychecks), and then there are hotels that believe the benefit should only be received by their associates not given to others....thankfully MI corporate monitors this benefit closely and takes action when appropriate

Note: This post is not directed towards anyone in specific from this thread...just an overall reminder
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:21 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello All,

The new voice automated system, launch did require your elite account number to be imputted before directing you to the elite line. But from my understanding this was fixed awhile ago. If you call in on the Elite line number you should be directed to the Elite line even if you don't enter your account number.

Let me look into this to confirm that this has in fact been put in place.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
The new voice automated system, launch did require your elite account number to be inputted before directing you to the elite line. But from my understanding this was fixed awhile ago. If you call in on the Elite line number you should be directed to the Elite line even if you don't enter your account number.
So, anyone can call the "Plat" Guest Services line and get placed in the priority queue for Guest Services. In that case it is no longer a Plat Guest Services line as the Plat Guest Services phone number appears in 39 threads on FT alone. I am sure it is listed in numerous places elsewhere on the web, too.

What's wrong with this picture?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Who ever came to Marriott with the idea they were going to put their stamp on it, they sure did and it is quite laughable. Marriott really needs to get rid of this person/team and restore some sanity to their customer interfaces.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by socrates
just a reminder to all - the Marriott Associate Pleasure, Marriott Associate business and Marriott Associate Friends and Family rates are benefits of being an associate - there are requirements that go along with these benefits such as acting professionally while staying at a hotel and the understanding of how the business operates and the further understanding of business needs and needing to be flexible during your stay at the hotel (ie representing both your hotel and the company well).....unfortunately there are times guests at these rates demand that they be given everything (upgrades, comp parking etc) before all other non-benefit guests receive them (you know the ones paying the bills and our paychecks), and then there are hotels that believe the benefit should only be received by their associates not given to others....thankfully MI corporate monitors this benefit closely and takes action when appropriate

Note: This post is not directed towards anyone in specific from this thread...just an overall reminder
I agree with you whole heartedly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a Rewards Member, of any status, stays on an employee rate, it doesn't mean you will automatically get points towards your number as well. It's at the discretion of the hotel themselves if you are allowed to or not.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Bstayer
if a Rewards Member, of any status, stays on an employee rate, it doesn't mean you will automatically get points towards your number as well. It's at the discretion of the hotel themselves if you are allowed to or not.
Actually it is not at the discretion of the hotel. Anyone staying on an Associate rate does not earn points.

However, in the case of Friends and Family rates one does earn points and elite benefits commensurate with their elite status. This has been discussed a few times previously here on FT. Soc or Marriott Concierge, if for some reason this has changed then please let us know.

Soc, thanks for that info, although I must admit your choice of words makes it a bit confusing and open for interpretation. I also agree that it is good that they closely monitor both the hotels and those who grant and use Associate rates and Friends and Family rates.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bstayer
I agree with you whole heartedly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a Rewards Member, of any status, stays on an employee rate, it doesn't mean you will automatically get points towards your number as well. It's at the discretion of the hotel themselves if you are allowed to or not.
correct, Associate Pleasure reservations are NOT eligible for any MR credit of points/night credit (except for incidentals)...the hotel does NOT have discretion in the matter - it is automatically handled by the system (although you ARE still eligible for your benefits)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Soc, thanks for that info, although I must admit your choice of words makes it a bit confusing and open for interpretation. I also agree that it is good that they closely monitor both the hotels and those who grant and use Associate rates and Friends and Family rates.
I apologize if I wasn't as clear as I could be - I was very careful in the words I picked so I wouldn't make anyone feel uncomfortable but you're last sentence above does sum it up pretty well (it's a benefit, not to be abused by either side - the hotel or the associate)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
This may be the wrong place, but since we're talking about responsibilities when using Friends and Family, can you give me some advice.

stayed on Friends and Family, and there was NO water in the hotel from 10a-4p. was not are of this until 2a (8 hrs before shutoff). big problem, as i was to be working in the hotel all day (I'm here on a mini vacation but telecommuting during the day so using the hotel to do my work), so obviously some restroom issues. also for certain reasons, would need/want a shower in the middle of the day.

lots of happy discussions w/the front desk and in the end, they shuttled me to another hotel of theirs (must be a franchise as it was not a marriott brand) to take a shower and took me back. wasted an hour of my day.

i'm extremely unhappy. i want to scream and yell. to me, this is a basic service a hotel should offer. i had wanted them to move me to a hotel next door but the rate was higher and they said i'd be responsible for the $ so i didn't want to do that.

apparently, i was the only customer out of 20 in the hotel who cared. the rest were in the office during the day.

what should/can i do?

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 23, 2011 at 3:11 pm Reason: removed proprietary code (two)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travel.flier
This may be the wrong place, but since we're talking about responsibilities when using FF, can you give me some advice.

stayed on FF, and there was NO water in the hotel from 10a-4p. was not are of this until 2a (8 hrs before shutoff). big problem, as i was to be working in the hotel all day (I'm here on a mini vacation but telecommuting during the day so using the hotel to do my work), so obviously some restroom issues. also for certain reasons, would need/want a shower in the middle of the day.

lots of happy discussions w/the front desk and in the end, they shuttled me to another hotel of theirs (must be a franchise as it was not a marriott brand) to take a shower and took me back. wasted an hour of my day.

i'm extremely unhappy. i want to scream and yell. to me, this is a basic service a hotel should offer. i had wanted them to move me to a hotel next door but the rate was higher and they said i'd be responsible for the $ so i didn't want to do that.

apparently, i was the only customer out of 20 in the hotel who cared. the rest were in the office during the day.

what should/can i do?
Here's a good rule of thumb - your actions will reflect on the person who provided you with the form, if your behavior is inappropriate discipline can be taken against the person who provided you with the form but that doesn't mean you can't discuss the issues that you experienced
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by travel.flier
This may be the wrong place, but since we're talking about responsibilities when using Friends and Family, can you give me some advice.

stayed on Friends and Family, and there was NO water in the hotel from 10a-4p. was not are of this until 2a (8 hrs before shutoff). big problem, as i was to be working in the hotel all day (I'm here on a mini vacation but telecommuting during the day so using the hotel to do my work), so obviously some restroom issues. also for certain reasons, would need/want a shower in the middle of the day.

what should/can i do?
You are perfectly entitled to complain - just like any other guest, regardless of rate. You should have an equal expectation of service and experience. Friends and Family gives you a lower rate, not a lower standard of service.

It is important, though (as has been pointed out) that you do this in a friendly and respect-giving manner given the linkage to the Associate who granted the rate.

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 23, 2011 at 3:12 pm Reason: removed proprietary code (three times)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by User Name
You are perfectly entitled to complain - just like any other guest, regardless of rate. You should have an equal expectation of service and experience. Friends and Family gives you a lower rate, not a lower standard of service.

It is important, though (as has been pointed out) that you do this in a friendly and respect-giving manner given the linkage to the Associate who granted the rate.
What he said.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.