Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 2:51 pm

My wife and I stayed here in September as platinum. We had booked a package deal back in 2021 that we had to keep rescheduling first due to covid border closures and then trying to fit into our schedule. The hotel was kind enough to offer the benefits of the original package (2x one-hour massages each day) if we paid the current member rate, which was still a great deal. A few weeks before we arrived, we were upgraded to an Aqua Lagoon View room. When we arrived we were upgraded further to an Aqua Lagoon Access room on the first floor.

The staff were amazing. They gave us a WhatsApp number to use for any questions or requests, and their responses were quick and helpful. Everyone was friendly, and within just a day several of the staff were calling us by name. The grounds are beautiful. The breakfast had a nice variety. Our rate included breakfast so we chose the gift (two glasses of wine and two snacks) for our welcome amenity. Just outside the side door to the hotel are a dozen seafood restaurants on the beach, with tables set up clear out to the water and an amazing atmosphere at night. We chose a different restaurant every night, along with a steakhouse and a French restaurant a block away, and all meals were enjoyable. We also celebrated my wife's birthday with a private romantic dinner on the hotel rooftop. The traffic nearby was crazy, and exploring any of the inland sights like temples, waterfalls, or the rice fields was a full-day trip. But there were convenient grocery stores, wine stores, and spas (under $10 for an hour massage!) in easy walking distance. We walked Jimbaran Beach one day, nearly to the airport fence, and took a $6 Grab ride to Nusa Dua another day to see a better beach.

We would absolutely stay here again for the relaxing portion of a vacation to Bali, and also spend some days somewhere in the Ubud area to be more centralized for sightseeing.
karenkay and yscleo like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
We stayed in two rooms at this hotel over eight nights, based almost exclusively on uiltailgater's review, and are so glad we did. excellent titanium treatment, and it's possible my milestone birthday helped w/the upgrades?

upgraded to the aqua penthouse suite—fabulous, really, and while I understand the complaints about wasted space, I love a huge hotel room, and the private rooftop pool was awesome. also spent three nights in the avant-garde suite, which was a one bedroom ‘proper’ suite on the second floor. Equally fabulous, hardwood floors with a kitchen area and table, living room, 1.5 bathrooms, walk in closet and double sized balcony overlooking the lagoon/pool area…

Welcome amenity in the room is a *delicious* slice of coconut cake and a bowl filled with a bunch of tasty local fruits. They also greet you at check in (everyone, I think? Not just plats…?) with an excellent virgin berry mojito-ish thing.

For us, the hotel was perfect. both suites were awesome, we’d booked five nights when our trip at sthala in Ubud was cut short due to construction next door, and after the first night I was scrambling to extend our stay at LM.

Excellent buffet breakfast, reminded me of some of the stellar breakfasts I had at asian hotels before covid, because this was just as tasty and varied. Sundae bar for breakfast?! Why not. Mr kk pointed out there were no sliced meats or cheeses, but everything else you could think of was there in abundance, and many tasty local options in addition to western choices. Lovely fresh juices changed daily.

Staff was exceptional, did an excellent job of learning our names and made us feel very, very welcome. we had a few moments during the visit where I was reminded that some company (it’s not marriott) has a ‘surprise and delight’ motto, and this hotel did that many times during our stay.

Had an excellent massage at the hotel and a barely acceptable pedicure. We’d been gifted the couples massage and I wanted to pay for something, so I added on a pedicure. I’ve had pedicures in asia, and they do seem to know what to do, but that wasn’t the case here. I won’t go into detail, but if you’ve ever had a decent pedicure, this isn’t for you.

smoqee skybar was fun for happy hour (buy one get one 5-8 most days). Swim up pool bar had happy hour 2-4.

As uitailgater mentioned upthread, it’s an easy walk to a couple of convenience stores, a pharmacy, a number of good restaurants and massage places, even a proper grocery store less than 15 minutes away on foot. We had various levels of massage off property, (barely acceptable to good, depending on the practitioner, even at the same place) but you can’t beat the price.

if you like eating off property, the Jimbaran beach seafood restaurants fit the bill, and there are a variety of other non-sunset (and non coconut smoke smelling) restaurants as well. We had no issues with the smoke at the hotel, although there were a few mornings we caught a whiff of it. the days we *really* smelled like smoke were the days we’d dined on the beach, so…it posed no problem. ate at several restaurants walking distance from the hotel, all were terrific--the French place, the steakhouse, and a new local warung close to the hotel, 'warung nasi satria'. would gladly eat at any of them again.

I'd stay again.

Last edited by karenkay; Oct 20, 2023 at 5:24 pm
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Any recent stays? Also anyone know the taxi/gojet price to Sanur Beach?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:06 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by estnet
Any recent stays? Also anyone know the taxi/gojet price to Sanur Beach?
Not a recent stay but I go to a market around there every few weeks then to Sanur Beach area, and Grab is only around 1.2MM IDR for a regular GrabCar.
estnet likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
We stayed here one night 3/9. The hotel should have a more visible sign on the street, as we missed it until too late (saw black letters on the wall but inside) and had to turn back.

Hotel was nice. We were in Sthala Ubud hotel before, which had local Baliness flavor. This hotel feels modern, western. We had to take a golf cart style shuttle from ground floor to 3rd floor where the lobby was. At check in, was warmly greeted, and provided with 2 glasses of berry Mojitos. My Plat status was recognized, and we were upgraded to a suite on the 2nd floor. Very nice, overlooks the pool. The room was huge.

We wanted to go to Uluwatu to see the Kecak Fire dance that night. The concierge was able to arrange a taxi for us, the driver staying there, to take us back when the show finished. That went quite well because just as the show was finishing,, rain came down, hard. It was good to have a driver/taxi waiting.

For dinner, we could just walk through the pool, to hotel restaurant, and out to a street of several restaurants. The back of those restaurants were facing the beach, so you can eat and see/hear the waves. One restaurant Menaga was closing, as they were going to prepare for the ceremony. Their affiliated restaurant Sakura by Menaga, was still open. We ordered the Sunset package, with lobster, clams, squid skewer, fish, and 2 glasses of wine, for 750,000 IDR (+tax, service). It was very nice.

Breakfast at hotel was great. Lots of selection. For Cappuccino, they were able to make a cat picture. We loved the fresh fruit (papaya, dragon fruit), and fruit juice (guava, etc.)
, e
They provided a photoshoot, by a professional photographer. It was not bad, but not as good as I thought it should be. Well it was windy, and there was rain drops.

We checked out at 12:30noon. We had wanted to stay longer, but hotel kept advising to leave early, at 11am, or latest by 12noon, because streets nearby will be closed, to prepare for noise day festivals. The next day is Silent Day (nobody goes out, including hotels), and the day before has lots of ceremonies, worships. Well, when we left the hotel at 12:38pm, there was one road closure, but the driver immediately took a detour to next street, and we were at the airport 15 minutes later. Arrived airport quite early for 4:30pm flight.

We'd stay at this hotel again. Would go for the Sunset seafood package again at the seafood restaurants right by the hotel.
estnet and 80proofGalleyCart like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.