Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2002, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
Just wait...there's more to come in about 15 days....I think most marquis members will be extremely happy with the additional upgrades

</font>
Please, don't keep us in suspense, pray tell what those changes might be?

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 12:04 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
I received now my first card to choose a welcome gift at the Renaissance Karlsruhe. This hotel was always very good with Platinum recognition (e.g. when I leave early in the morning (before breakfast buffet opens), I get always a breakfast box offered to take with me) and offered usually a fruit basket and fine chocolates as welcome gift.

The card seamed to be the same as described above and in other threads with two sections to choose from (snacks an beverages). I chose a red wine (Brüssele, 1999 Trollinger trocken, Kleinbottwarer Oberer Berg) and the ice cream. I took a picture of the two items. In the back is the usual complimentary big bottle of water.

socrates, you increase my expectations ... I can't wait 15 days.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bonzaiflyer:
Please, don't keep us in suspense, pray tell what those changes might be?

</font>
Sorry...don't mean to be a tease....but Marriott is changing how we communicate to the our Marquis Members....they finally realized that it's more important to communicate with the members directly rather than via a newspaper/magazine articles...so with that in mind I'll the folks in SLC a chance to make the announcement first :-)

Again I think you'll be pleased with the changes....it is a huge improvement for Marquis members over non-Marquis members
Old Oct 10, 2002, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Marquis? Is this different from platinum or gold?
Old Oct 10, 2002, 5:20 pm

SOC,

THE SUSPENSE IS KILL ME !
I AM NOT GOOD ABOUT SURPRISES

ANY HINTS FOR A PLATINUM MEMBER ??

THANKS
Old Oct 11, 2002, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ohmark:
Marquis? Is this different from platinum or gold? </font>
Sorry...Marquis is what we use to call "Elite"

Marquis = MR Elite
Old Oct 11, 2002, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
SOC,

THANKS
</font>
Welp the god's that be watch elite spending very closely and they want to ensure the $$ Elites are bringing Marriott will not leave...they're going to roll out a program to ensure elites stay extremely loyal....they are making some additional guarantees to the Gold/Platinum level of the program...
Old Oct 11, 2002, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
SOC,

THANKS
</font>
BTW: Only 16 more days until the new benefits begin :-)
Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:44 pm

Platinum Arrival Gift

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites; Renaissance Hotels, Resorts and Suites; and Marriott Conference Centers locations will provide you with a menu from which to choose either complimentary snacks and beverages or in North America, 500 bonus points. Once you select your items, we guarantee delivery of your gift selection, or we will reimburse you $100 USD at full-service hotels.</font>
Not sure when this "guarantee" started. However, during the last four weeks I've stayed at four Marriotts with the following results:

Lisbon Marriott - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut [cashew] plate and red wine).

Marriott Renaissance Munich - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut and raisin plate and red wine)

Marriott (Hotel) Crystal City - No welcome gift offered or delivered. However, I was upgraded to the Club/Lounge floor, and given complimentary breakfast.

Budapest Marriott - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut and fruit plate and white wine)

SO - three out of four. Not bad.

But what should I do about the Marriott Crystal City? (Since I found the "guarantee" on the website I've begun carrying a printout around in the folder with my hotel reservations, but I hadn't found it when I stayed at the Crystal City last month.)
Old Dec 12, 2002, 4:27 pm

I've been 100% on the plat gift since it started. It's all been US and Puerto Rico tho.

------------------
Old Dec 12, 2002, 8:17 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
From 01-Jan-03 we can also choose points. Until now, I received all Platinum amenities - but I wondered what to do if a hotel doesn't provide it.

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 12-12-2002).]
Old Dec 12, 2002, 8:57 pm

During my stay at the Renaissance Chancery Court in London last month I was not offered a gift but was given access to the lounge... For some reason I never bothered asking.

I have, on occasion, asked for a fruit plate instead of the choices given for the Plat. Welcome Gift and have had no problems getting it.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
From 01-Jan-03 we can also choose points. Until now, I received all Platinum amenities - but I wondered what to do if a hotel doesn't provide it.

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 12-12-2002).]
</font>
I was offered the points just this week at a Marriott property...
Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
From 01-Jan-03 we can also choose points. </font>
I staring at a Plat Amenity Card at the MC Solana (DFW) right now. Below the drinkables and eatables is the option for 500 pts.

------------------
Old Dec 12, 2002, 10:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Counsellor:

But what should I do about the Marriott Crystal City? (Since I found the "guarantee" on the website I've begun carrying a printout around in the folder with my hotel reservations, but I hadn't found it when I stayed at the Crystal City last month.)[/B]</font>
Did you bother to ask for P6 card? I found that the front office agent sometime forget to hand them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.