Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Actually, you should be able to claim both guarantees. The limit for guarantees at FS properties is $200 for one stay, and each guarantee is $100.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flsunshineflyer
Thank you. My reservation printout says I reserved a room with one king or two double beds. Does that count? With all other hotels when I have done that I get a king. That is the platinum guarantee. Right? Or, wrong?
Thank you for your help. I don't want to bring up an issue I don't deserve as communicating here is not as easy for me as in other places.
I'm not sure, what does it say you requested or what is in your profile? If you haven't requested a king then they are within their right to give you either.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Michigan Czar
I'm not sure, what does it say you requested or what is in your profile? If you haven't requested a king then they are within their right to give you either.
Marriott offers a rate that states:
• Room type: Guest room, 1 King or 2 Queen
that shows on the confirmation and:
Special request(s):
• 1 King Bed, Guaranteed
also on the same confirmation.

In my view failure to provide a king bed violates the guarantee and payment is due. However, it is confusing at the least. I'm sure the property will take the stance a 2Queen is acceptable. In my case I got a king.

(The quotes are from a CY booking made last month.)
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
My profile says a king. The reservation that says "guaranteed for your arrival" just says non-smoking room. I didn't think anything of it because I have always received a king bed because it's in my profile. Next time I'll know.
I am going to the front desk today to discuss the platinum arrival amenity and the bed. I don't want to move rooms as we are changing hotels soon, but I do want the compensation if entitled.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Marriott offers a rate that states:
that shows on the confirmation and:
also on the same confirmation.

In my view failure to provide a king bed violates the guarantee and payment is due. However, it is confusing at the least. I'm sure the property will take the stance a 2Queen is acceptable. In my case I got a king.

(The quotes are from a CY booking made last month.)
if it says king gtd you are gtd a king and the benefit applies regardless of the rate rules
Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
I checked into the Marriott Sable Oaks yesterday and no mention of Platinum arrival gift. This morning I went to the front desk and informed the clerk--he told me he would get word to the front desk supervisor--not to worry. I also was never given breakfast voucher--which he immediately gave me. Now I suppose I wait for front desk manager to call/e-mail/send check? Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by derby44
I checked into the Marriott Sable Oaks yesterday and no mention of Platinum arrival gift. This morning I went to the front desk and informed the clerk--he told me he would get word to the front desk supervisor--not to worry. I also was never given breakfast voucher--which he immediately gave me. Now I suppose I wait for front desk manager to call/e-mail/send check? Thanks
You should expect and insist upon cash as spelled out in the T&C's. Once you leave the property all bets are off.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
You should expect and insist upon cash as spelled out in the T&C's. Once you leave the property all bets are off.
I did report it while at the property however the desk clerk told me that the Front desk manager is the one that pays. This was at 6 am.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did report it while at the property however the desk clerk told me that the Front desk manager is the one that pays. This was at 6 am.
Yes, I read that. That has not been my experience at a FS Marriott, but my point still stands. If you do not get your payment before you check out, you can be left high and dry and be within the T&Cs.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
Successful on one, Denied on the other.
They gave me $100 credit on the bill for not receiving the platinum amenity. We had to ask for it after she gave us the sheet to check. She called someone, got approval, and showed the exchange rate they would use.
The FD manager came out when the bed size was brought up. He said we did not specify size bed we wanted when we made the reservation. I thought that was the whole point of the profile. Didn't argue much on that issue. May follow up with an email when settled at home as the argument from him seems completely false.
Made sure to tell them if they weren't so busy trying to upsell they may get things right and not make customers angry at arrival.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by flsunshineflyer
Successful on one, Denied on the other.
They gave me $100 credit on the bill for not receiving the platinum amenity. We had to ask for it after she gave us the sheet to check. She called someone, got approval, and showed the exchange rate they would use.
The FD manager came out when the bed size was brought up. He said we did not specify size bed we wanted when we made the reservation. I thought that was the whole point of the profile. Didn't argue much on that issue. May follow up with an email when settled at home as the argument from him seems completely false.
Made sure to tell them if they weren't so busy trying to upsell they may get things right and not make customers angry at arrival.
My understanding is there's a max of 1 payout per stay, even if there is more than one difficulty. So while the FDM turned you down for a bogus reason, you were only entitled to $100. BTW - were you ok with them crediting your bill vs giving you the $100? Technically it's supposed to be a cash payout.

Cheers.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My understanding is there's a max of 1 payout per stay, even if there is more than one difficulty. So while the FDM turned you down for a bogus reason, you were only entitled to $100. BTW - were you ok with them crediting your bill vs giving you the $100? Technically it's supposed to be a cash payout.
"The maximum Elite Benefits Guarantee compensation paid to an Elite Member during a stay in the U.S. will be $200 USD, even if more than one guaranteed benefit is not delivered to the Elite Member. The maximum Elite Benefits Guarantee compensation paid to an Elite Member during a stay outside the U.S. will be the equivalent of $200 USD paid in local currency, even if more than one guaranteed benefit is not delivered to the Elite Member." http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi
Also note that a $25 room service or spa credit replaces guaranteed lounge access/breakfast at Edition.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:14 am

Update. After not hearing anything a week later--I e-mailed the General Manager directly for help. He responded by telling me that he had spoken to the front desk manager and that they will indeed honor my request. Yesterday I received a $100.00 check. Good service.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Has anyone got experience of payouts at UK hotels? I checked into a Marriott on Monday and they didn't offer me any arrival gift. I can just imagine the conversation when I ask them to credit $100 to my bill. It's about £64 at the moment according to Travelex.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
The compensation due you, whether at a UK or other Mariott property, is NOT predicated on the amount of your room. It is a flat amount notwithstanding other factors.

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Has anyone got experience of payouts at UK hotels? I checked into a Marriott on Monday and they didn't offer me any arrival gift. I can just imagine the conversation when I ask them to credit $100 to my bill. It's about £64 at the moment according to Travelex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.