Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
Yes, my mistake! I mean Royal Bangkok Sports Club views sorry! Well so when I’ll mail the hotel I’ll only ask for an high floor room, without mentioning the view. I know I’m a first time visitor…but I hope that having booked the grand deluxe room (not the base deluxe) with FHR + PP status give me something…! It’s not like booking a normal deluxe room through marriot website…! Hope they’ll consider that! And even that we’ll check-out early in the morning (4/5 am) the last day, leaving the room available for almost all the day (which is very different than keep 2 rooms/suites till 4pm…)! Anyway…finger crossed!

Both FHR and Virtuoso provide set menu dinner! No 100$.

AOT Limo van (we’re 4) is 1300++ while hotel transportation (at the moment they quoted me only the car, not the van) is 3200++. So 2.5 times more. But I’m convincing myself it worth the difference…

Right now there’s plenty of rooms/suites available. I continue checking and in case I’ll book a room for the night before…!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by TravelerIT
Yes, my mistake! I mean Royal Bangkok Sports Club views sorry! Well so when I’ll mail the hotel I’ll only ask for an high floor room, without mentioning the view. I know I’m a first time visitor…but I hope that having booked the grand deluxe room (not the base deluxe) with FHR + PP status give me something…! It’s not like booking a normal deluxe room through marriot website…! Hope they’ll consider that! And even that we’ll check-out early in the morning (4/5 am) the last day, leaving the room available for almost all the day (which is very different than keep 2 rooms/suites till 4pm…)! Anyway…finger crossed!

Both FHR and Virtuoso provide set menu dinner! No 100$.

AOT Limo van (we’re 4) is 1300++ while hotel transportation (at the moment they quoted me only the car, not the van) is 3200++. So 2.5 times more. But I’m convincing myself it worth the difference…

Right now there’s plenty of rooms/suites available. I continue checking and in case I’ll book a room for the night before…!
In my experience, FHR/Virtuoso/Luxury Privileges won’t get you upgrade beyond what you’ll get with status (I’ve stayed at the hotel a few times as the old Marriott Platinum before program merge, along with Luxury Privilege rate), but booking Grand Deluxe helps. If anything you might want to mention that you would prefer an upgrade with a view.

You’re correct that neither Virtuoso nor FHR offer $100, but I was referring to Starwood’s own Luxury Privileges program (similar to Virtuoso, where you book through a preferred TA): http://www.starwoodpromos.com/partne...yout=amenities
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
AOT Limo van (we’re 4) is 1300++ while hotel transportation (at the moment they quoted me only the car, not the van) is 3200++. So 2.5 times more.
One is a Toyota van, the other is a car service, likely a Mercedes S Class. So you're not comparing the same product. Booking a similar product with AOT (BMW 7 Series) will cost over 2000 THB.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
One is a Toyota van, the other is a car service, likely a Mercedes S Class. So you're not comparing the same product. Booking a similar product with AOT (BMW 7 Series) will cost over 2000 THB.
True. But we’re 4 adults plus luggage plus carryon. We need a van. Probably hotel have a Mercedes van...but it’s not as confortable as a classe S...and not so more confortable than a Toyota van. Anyway...I think we’ll pick hotel van. Hoping a better ”all-around” service.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:44 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Dave510
You’re correct that neither Virtuoso nor FHR offer $100, but I was referring to Starwood’s own Luxury Privileges program (similar to Virtuoso, where you book through a preferred TA):
Good tip..... Often default to Luxury Priv over Virtuoso for all Starwood, but the 2019 fate of this program is up in the air.
for 2019 Virtuoso will move to a $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to, excluding Zuma Restaurant)
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:37 pm
kkl

Has anyone checked in since the merger?

Any changes in plat perks?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:19 am

Next month I’ll give you my feedback...meanwhile...noone else stayed here in the last 2 months?!?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Next month I’ll give you my feedback...meanwhile...noone else stayed here in the last 2 months?!?
Not the last 2 months, but I had a stay in July. They were great. Secured a last minute Gaggan restaurant for me by calling the restaurant everyday. The F&B isn't as good as it used to be though, especially the breakfast.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Had a stay there in early August shortly before the IT merge.... Even then, the suite upgrade was rather stingy and the breakfast was just alright. I don't think its worth the extra premium paid.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by l380
Had a stay there in early August shortly before the IT merge.... Even then, the suite upgrade was rather stingy and the breakfast was just alright. I don't think its worth the extra premium paid.
Many would consider a suite upgrade a positive given some hotels rarely provide them. I considered the StR breakfast as ranking behind the SGS, W and Athenee and it tends to be overcrowded and not relaxing.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:48 am
kkl

last stay in Jan, off the menu items seem to have dropped in quality.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Many would consider a suite upgrade a positive given some hotels rarely provide them. I considered the StR breakfast as ranking behind the SGS, W and Athenee and it tends to be overcrowded and not relaxing.
I have to say the breakfast at the StR is excellent, top-notch. Both in terms of service and product. The cooking stations are just exceptional. The room is not exactly a private dining room but definitely very far from overcrowded, and with an excellent view to the golf course across the street.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: EK, AF, SQ, LH, AA
Apologies if this has been asked before... How did you contact the hotel to arrange airport transfers? I can't find a contact e-mail on their website, and am not keen to call them from the other side of the world (well, almost ). Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:19 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EKorSQ
Apologies if this has been asked before... How did you contact the hotel to arrange airport transfers? I can't find a contact e-mail on their website, and am not keen to call them from the other side of the world (well, almost ). Thanks!
[email protected] or [email protected]
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:18 am
kkl

Originally Posted by EKorSQ
They normally send it out with a welcome email bout week or 2 before arrival date i think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.