Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2003, 9:09 am
Suspended

Ohmark:

Thanx much for the informative response to my question!
Old Apr 22, 2003, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
As a Baltimore area resident I have never stayed at this property, but I have joined out of town associates who have stayed there on numerous occassions. The view from, and the size of, the C-lounge is very impressive. I am considering staying there with the family on the 4th of July. I have been told that the view of the fireworks from the top floors overlooking the inner harbor is fantastic.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
I was booked one night at the Mariott Waterfront and one night at the Mariott Inner Harbor late last month, but moved both nights to the Inner Harbor for the in-room internet (both booked with that great travelzoo offer).

The Inner Harbor hotel was quite nice. Easy walking distance to the Aquarium (absolutely gorgeous March weekend), the water taxi to Fells Point and Fort McHenry, and everything else. I did room service for breakfast and dinner and enjoyed both.

I also hit John Stevens, Ltd. for lunch at Fells Point on the advice of my water taxi Captain and it was as good as he said it would be (had the crab cakes and fried crab ravioli).

So for stays in Baltimore itself, it's the Inner Harbor property for me!
Old Apr 22, 2003, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
There is a water taxi stop right at the Waterfront Marriott.
Old May 12, 2003, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Am thinking of using one of my Free Wknd Certs at the Marriott Inner Harbor as it is a Cat 4.

Anyone stay here lately that can give me lowdown re Concierge Lounge open on weekends (it appears to be), parking charge (w/ in/out privs) location and safety and the hotel in gerneral?

Comments would be much appreciated as there is nothing new on this hotel for awhile.
Old May 12, 2003, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJUPINTHEAIR:
Am thinking of using one of my Free Wknd Certs at the Marriott Inner Harbor as it is a Cat 4.</font>
Stayed there end of March. Location is right across from Camden Yards. Within easy walking distance (less than .5 miles) of the waterfront (National Aquarium, water taxi, shopping, and restaurants).

I took the Light Rail in from BWI, so cannot speak about parking (the Convention Place station is actually closer than the Camden Yards station).

The hotel is in a nice part of town so no worries about security (but then I am 6'2" 300lb white male). Rooms were comfortable and have in-room internet ($10/day package covers all calls and internet). Did not partake of the Concierge Lounge. Did not try the restaurants directly, but room service was fast and good.

All in all, my new choice for downtown Baltimore stays.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 6:49 pm

Renaissance Baltimore Inner Harbor

Staying there in October. How far is it from the nearest light rail station from BWI? One of the persons in my party uses a wheelchair and we will not have a car. Is it an easy enough walk? How's the hotel itself? Any info would be appreciatd. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 7:06 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Hi guy,

The nearest light-rail station is at Camden Yards, about a 10 minute walk from the Ren. Try to find out ahead of time what hours it's in operation--a friend had to taxi it to BWI when he found it didn't run early Sunday morning.

Being local (DC), I haven't stayed at the Renaissance, but have heard nice things about it; there's plenty for tourists to do nearby.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:03 am

Hey..

I just stayed there in September - it's a nice place, great location.

The Red Sox were also staying there for a series against the Orioles - they certainly seemed to be enjoying their stay (or enjoying the bar, anyways).

The staff was friendly - my only complaints were parking is expensive ($24/day) and the lounge is one of the smallest I've ever been in.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with your stay.

LT
Old Mar 7, 2004, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Baltimore Marriott's - Which one

Here are my choices, these are all the same price.. I'm plat.. looking mostly for combination of best possible upgrade and a club lounge.. and a distant 3rd for what I hope to find are one that is closest to things to do at night.. i.e. inner harbor

If it matters, I'm going to be there on a Monday night.

Choices are:

Balt Marriott Inner Harbor
110 South Eutaw Street BALTIMORE, MD 21201

Renaissance Harbor Place Hotel
202 East Pratt Street BALTIMORE, MD 21202

or
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
700 Aliceanna Street BALTIMORE, MD 21202

Thanks for your input

Old Mar 7, 2004, 6:47 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
In my opinion, the Waterfront is the clear choice, especially if you are a plat. The concierge lounge is one of Marriott's finest; with great breakfasts, late afternoon snacks, deserts, and great views. Be sure to ask for a high floor corner room--they have spectacular views. The elevators are in three banks, so that if you are in one of the banks that serve the lower or mid floors, you will have to take an elevator to the main floor, and then switch banks to the concierge lounge. The hotel also has a water taxi stop (although today may not be a great occasion to mention that.)
Old Mar 7, 2004, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I agree with Socrates--the Ren and the WF are very good properties. I give the edge to the WF, the harbor views and the c-lounge are exceptional. The Inner Harbor property is ideal when your travel plans include an Orioles game since the property is next to Camden Yards
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Thanks guys.. At least I can whittle one off my list LOL

I'll probably go with the Waterfront.. sans the H2O taxi.. I'll use their pool if I need to go swimming that bad
Old May 14, 2004, 12:13 pm

Location: newnan, ga, usa PM and 2mm Delta, LPM Marriott, Diamond Hyatt, Diamond Best Western, gold NW, Platinum 6C Priority
Mariott Hotels in Baltimore

My wife and I will be spending two days before and after a cruise from Baltimore in September. We would like recommendations concerning the best Marriott from a harbor location perspective, as well as from a cruise departure location perspective
@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.