FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1189065-marriott-bonvoy-hotels-baltimore-inner-harbor-area.html)

foodguy Dec 29, 2001 10:27 pm

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Baltimore inner harbor area

Looking for some feedback on the new Waterfront Marriott in Baltimore (not the Inner Harbor Marriott). This is my hometown therefore I do not usually stay locally. However, this property looks like it might be a great place to stay on July 4 to watch the fireworks over the Inner Harbor.

foodguy Jan 2, 2002 9:17 pm

I booked my boss into this property so I could check it out in person. Very nice property. Large C lounge on the 31st floor overlooking the inner harbor. Staff was courteous, my boss got upgraded to the c level, food was excellent, great view. I like this one better that the Inner Harbor Marriott.

DADISGARYK Jan 3, 2002 5:43 am

The Inner Harbor Marriott (it seems to me) is in major need of a refurbishing. i think the management of the hotel is milking the property for as much cash as they can, considering they are right across the street from the baseball and football stadiums. Now I haven't been there in a year, so maybe they have done something to spruce the place up recently, but it's starting to get run down.
I look forward to staying at the new Marriott.

lorra Feb 12, 2002 12:55 pm

Closet to Baltimore Convention Center

Is the Renaissance Harbor Place or one of the two Marriots closer to the Baltimore Convention Center. Must be close and nice. Have to impress my boss and he loves close proximity to the venue.

doc Feb 12, 2002 1:39 pm

The REN is very close and excellent too, a former Stouffer property, and only the Sheraton (closest) and the Hyatt are a bit closer to the CC which is on Pratt! Enjoy! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

ddorrer Feb 12, 2002 2:09 pm

Harborplace Renaissance is the closest. But the best would be the Waterfront Marriott, superb concierge lounge, if it's open!

foodguy Feb 12, 2002 10:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ddorrer:
Harborplace Renaissance is the closest. But the best would be the Waterfront Marriott, superb concierge lounge, if it's open!</font>
I agree 100% The Waterfront property in Little Italy is the best property downtown. The C-lounge is among the best on the east coast with an excellent view of the inner harbor. Maybe a 5-10 minute cab ride to the convention center.

winstoda Jun 12, 2002 8:05 am

Courtyard Baltimore Inner Harbor?

I just made a reservation to use one of my free weekend certs at this hotel. I was very happy to see that this hotel was a cat. 3! Anyone stay here before? I'm pretty familiar with the Inner Harbor but have no idea where this property is. We have O's tix the night we'll be here, how long a walk from the property to Camden Yards?

majorbill Jun 12, 2002 8:49 am

I stayed there with the family back in April. It is on the far side of inner harbor on the edge of their Little Italy section. It will take 5-10 min to walk to Aquarium. That should gauge how far to stadium. There is also a new Marriott nearby but I don't know much about that one.

foodguy Jun 12, 2002 8:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by winstoda:
I just made a reservation to use one of my free weekend certs at this hotel. I was very happy to see that this hotel was a cat. 3! Anyone stay here before? I'm pretty familiar with the Inner Harbor but have no idea where this property is. We have O's tix the night we'll be here, how long a walk from the property to Camden Yards? </font>
This is a new hi-rise CY. It is about a block away from the new Waterfront Marriott (Which has one of the nicest C-lounges on the east coast). I would not recommend walking to Camden Yards--based on distance and security. There is, however, a water taxi which runs to various points throughout the inner harbor (I am not sure the closest pickup point from the CY). This will save you lots of time and give you a nice marine perspective on the city.

winstoda Jun 13, 2002 8:17 am

Thanks for the replies. I have a parking pass for the stadium lot- I was going to give it away but now I think I'll keep it. Hopefully the hotel garage has in/out privileges.

pjs Jul 31, 2002 9:17 am

winstoda - Have you stayed at this property yet? If so, what were your impressions? I am thinking about booking two rooms for a bachelor party in mid-August (nothing crazy for the hotel, just a ballgame and then nightlife at the Inner Harbor). Also, what was the parking charge? Is it walkable to Camden Yards?

Thanks.

winstoda Jul 31, 2002 6:41 pm

I stayed here on a Saturday night in June. The location is better than the hotel itself. Standard Marriott foam mattress = less than perfect night sleep. Parking was $12 I think. It was very secure; garage door wouldn't raise without inserting a room key into a machine on the street.

Camden Yards is very walkable although we drove (we had a stadium parking pass). It's about 7 minutes on foot to the aquarium and another 10 to camden yards. The immediate area of the hotel is kind of desolate. I was a little nervouse walking to the Hard Rock from the hotel at about midnight. Also street noise is very loud all night as people seem to use the streets around the hotel for drag racing very late at night.

Overall it was ok for what we needed; a place to crash after the O's killed the Phils.

NJUPINTHEAIR Feb 3, 2003 8:46 am

Baltimore Sale!

Special Offer from Marriott Hotels: Offer Expires February 5, 2003

$79-99: 3 Hotels in Downtown Baltimore (Thru 3/30)

All three hotels are in Baltimore's famed Inner Harbor/downtown area, close to all the nearby attractions, such as the National Aquarium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, and the unique shopping at Harborplace and the Gallery.

http://dir.travelzoo.com/Lodging.asp...ry=21&id=94761

back seat Feb 3, 2003 9:02 pm

Fantastic! Thanks! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif