Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:47 pm

Glad you enjoyed your stay. As posted before I remain a big fan of this hotel, so nice to see some love for it. I will be there again in Feb, July and October.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 10:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Count me as a fan of your reviews, ElevatorEnthusiast - thank you and keep it up! Happy travels, hope to run into you somewhere in 2023.

khabah
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by khabah
Count me as a fan of your reviews, ElevatorEnthusiast - thank you and keep it up! Happy travels, hope to run into you somewhere in 2023.

khabah
I was almost going to route through Kuwait for a few days in March on the way to Amman to try out the Sheraton/Luxury Collection/St Regis mismash of a complex, but I ended up finding cheaper routing through Germany. At some point, though, especially as I would love to stay at one of the last LC Sheratons (along with SGS in Bangkok) before it gets reorganized.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I was almost going to route through Kuwait for a few days in March on the way to Amman to try out the Sheraton/Luxury Collection/St Regis mismash of a complex, but I ended up finding cheaper routing through Germany. At some point, though, especially as I would love to stay at one of the last LC Sheratons (along with SGS in Bangkok) before it gets reorganized.
Better hurry up - the St. Regis transformation will end by Q3 next year with the second tower, and then the third building housing the LC Sheraton will be closed to undergo its own gut renovation. I’d expect that building to close around the summer or second half of next year and should end in 2025, at which point the building will open as a standalone, standard Sheraton.

Let me know how your plans shape up!

khabah
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I'm going to be quite controversial and unpopular here, but what the heck.

I stayed at this property, albeit a couple of years ago, for 1 night and wasn't overly impressed.

1) I was upgraded to a suite but in reality it was the size of a larger room. I.e. just a larger bathroom with separate shower/bath and a larger bedroom - no lounge. I can understand it's central London and therefore space is limited, but I'd hate to see the size of a regular room

2) I didn't like the whole 'sink in the middle of the room' thing. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to keep the bathroom separate to the rest of the room. Plus it just seemed weird to walk into the room and having to walk through the bathroom to go into the bedroom. I have lots of friends/family in London and I'm glad I didn't ask anyone over, because they would have had to walk through a bathroom with dirty towels etc on the floor

3) Breakfast options seemed limited compared to others in London. Generally a Full English is expected in any UK hotel (at least IMO) but they didn't have this. Again, I don't know if this has changed since my stay, but all they had at the time was healthier options

4) Music was too loud and audible in the room - again, this may have changed as I saw a post regarding new restrictions in place. I had a similar issue with W Istanbul. I get it. It's a W and that's the vibe. Perhaps it's just not for me and I should stick to Sheratons in the future.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Paren

I stayed at this property, albeit a couple of years ago, for 1 night and wasn't overly impressed.

1) I was upgraded to a suite but in reality it was the size of a larger room. I.e. just a larger bathroom with separate shower/bath and a larger bedroom - no lounge. I can understand it's central London and therefore space is limited, but I'd hate to see the size of a regular room

2) I didn't like the whole 'sink in the middle of the room' thing. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to keep the bathroom separate to the rest of the room. Plus it just seemed weird to walk into the room and having to walk through the bathroom to go into the bedroom. I have lots of friends/family in London and I'm glad I didn't ask anyone over, because they would have had to walk through a bathroom with dirty towels etc on the floor

3) Breakfast options seemed limited compared to others in London. Generally a Full English is expected in any UK hotel (at least IMO) but they didn't have this. Again, I don't know if this has changed since my stay, but all they had at the time was healthier options

4) Music was too loud and audible in the room - again, this may have changed as I saw a post regarding new restrictions in place. I had a similar issue with W Istanbul. I get it. It's a W and that's the vibe. Perhaps it's just not for me and I should stick to Sheratons in the future.
I have never heard music from the bar there - what floor were you on?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Paren

There was absolutely a full English on the menu on my stay - in fact, there were two full pages of choices for main courses, including a full English and the eggs royale I had on top of many others. Breakfast is now in Perception, their first floor bar.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
There was absolutely a full English on the menu on my stay - in fact, there were two full pages of choices for main courses, including a full English and the eggs royale I had on top of many others. Breakfast is now in Perception, their first floor bar.
This mirrors my experience this summer. There definitely was a full English breakfast which I enjoyed, as well as some healthier and lighter choices. I liked the option to enjoy some fresh fruit and healthy smoothies. Too many hotels only offer the greasy breakfast foods in London.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
This mirrors my experience this summer. There definitely was a full English breakfast which I enjoyed, as well as some healthier and lighter choices. I liked the option to enjoy some fresh fruit and healthy smoothies. Too many hotels only offer the greasy breakfast foods in London.
I wanted to try one of the smoothies, but unfortunately, I got there before 7 AM and the bar staff hadn't arrived yet. I was just surprised a W was open for breakfast that early :-)
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Too many hotels only offer the greasy breakfast foods in London.
Builds character!

David
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Builds character!

David
I've heard that's just the beans, which must be why I have no character as I have managed to avoid beans on my breakfast for this whole week.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I have never heard music from the bar there - what floor were you on?
Can't remember as it was so long ago, but I can remember the view from the suite and I must have been a few floors up.

Good to know, thanks

Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy healthier options. But occasionally I just need some grease to help get me going, as was the case during this particular stay.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:13 pm

My Feb stay is coming up soon. Another great exchange with the front desk over email re upgrade options (very quick, pleasant, remember other stays etc). While I think I would have got an upgrade on check-on I decided to apply some SNA. Again, they cleared 5 days out on the hour to a Marvelous Suite. I know a W in Soho will always be a matter of personal preference, this hotel (1) plays by the rules (2) appreciates loyalty (3) offers a great breakfast. Looking forward to 3 fabulous nights with dinners at Palomar, Gymkhana and the French House. Pretty perfect.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:07 am

So.....today I looked at my booking on the app and website. Still shows SNA confirmed, but with a Cool Corner Suite, which I didn't even select as an option. Email confirmation was clear it was to a Marvelous suite and app and website showed the same yesterday. I called the hotel, who say their system clearly shows I am in a Marvelous suite still. Is this something to be concerned about or just another Marriott IT issue? I seem to remember reading about a similar case in another thread but couldn't find it. I'd feel much happier seeing the correct room in the app!
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
So.....today I looked at my booking on the app and website. Still shows SNA confirmed, but with a Cool Corner Suite, which I didn't even select as an option. Email confirmation was clear it was to a Marvelous suite and app and website showed the same yesterday. I called the hotel, who say their system clearly shows I am in a Marvelous suite still. Is this something to be concerned about or just another Marriott IT issue? I seem to remember reading about a similar case in another thread but couldn't find it. I'd feel much happier seeing the correct room in the app!
I wouldn’t worry if the hotel has confirmed that you are in the right suite. The Marriott Bonvoy app can be a right menace - I’ve noticed it has been particularly problematic recently, as it hasn’t updated my room type on multiple occasions when I’ve been upgraded by hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.