Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I wouldn’t worry if the hotel has confirmed that you are in the right suite. The Marriott Bonvoy app can be a right menace - I’ve noticed it has been particularly problematic recently, as it hasn’t updated my room type on multiple occasions when I’ve been upgraded by hotels.
Thanks, it is odd and never seen this before. Its not really a big deal, but I am pretty sure I would have got an UG to the Cool Corner without using SNA which is why I didnt select as an option. Later in the year I might be happy to burn them, but here it was specifically to get the Marvellous guaranteed in advance.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Is the cool corner suite even an actual suite or is it just a room with a bathroom door? The property’s definition of a suite is rather misleading imo
Old Feb 8, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by donotblink
Is the cool corner suite even an actual suite or is it just a room with a bathroom door? The property’s definition of a suite is rather misleading imo
It isn’t really a suite, it just has an actual bathroom instead of a bathroom partially in the bedroom.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 1:58 pm

It isn’t really a suite, it just has an actual bathroom instead of a bathroom partially in the bedroom.
Yes, I think if I were not travelling alone I would have used SNA to get the corner, bit more room and the separate bathroom helps. Just to follow up, I also emailed to confirm the booking. They looked again and seems there was some human error that had made some switch to the reservation. Now corrected and showing in both app and web site. So I guess sometimes it is not the IT to blame.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:50 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Yes, I think if I were not travelling alone I would have used SNA to get the corner, bit more room and the separate bathroom helps. Just to follow up, I also emailed to confirm the booking. They looked again and seems there was some human error that had made some switch to the reservation. Now corrected and showing in both app and web site. So I guess sometimes it is not the IT to blame.
I also had an error here when applying SNAs and was downgraded to a non suite room. I got rather cross about it over email and they did honour my suite in the end, and returned my SNAs. The hotel have been very good to me on the whole, so it may well have been an IT error or a mistake.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:21 am

I also had an error here when applying SNAs and was downgraded to a non suite room. I got rather cross about it over email and they did honour my suite in the end, and returned my SNAs. The hotel have been very good to me on the whole, so it may well have been an IT error or a mistake.
A small update. I do now see where/how people have experienced noise from the bar. I was in a marvellous suite, 2nd floor, right above "Souk night" which included desert house music. The main issue was the pounding base. I talked to the front desk without complaining (I dont expect total silence in a W in Soho!) but given it would go until at least 1am, they offered to move me to a Studio Suite. This was still on the same floor, but on the other side of the hotel. Very quiet. Classy, they also offered (without asking) to refund my SNAs, which happened immediately. I actually think I like this room better than the marvellous, the living/sleeping area is the same, but with the "proper" bathroom of the Cool Corner. No bath and a bit smaller, but I have booked this room for my next stays. The hotel also followed up after check out with email to apologise again for noise and see if anything else they could do.
Again great service, lovely breakfast, and nice hard product. But I would avoid rooms on lower floors above the bar.
Old May 21, 2023, 2:27 pm

Another great stay at the W. We were in London over the coronation, did 2 nights at St Ermins. A nice enough hotel, though not a repeat for us. I got upgraded to a 2 bed room in advance, then at check-in there was a slightly odd initial conversation about having to pay for this, but it faded away. Still a very small room and on the 1st floor with a view of construction. Staff were pleasant, but the location isn't that great IMO. Then back to the W for 4. SNAs had cleared into the studio suite, which I quite like as a room. Not ready at check-in so given a courtesy room which is always nice. They take upgrades seriously here, so it seems to be quite common to have to wait for a suite as there are a lot of 4pm check-outs. Staff great as always, they remember me here and the breakfast is excellent. No buffet and you can just basically order whatever you want, no hassle, nothing to sign etc. Good quality food and great coffee. Asked housekeeping for extra water each day and I think we had ten bottles at one point. Nice evening turndown too. This remains one of my favourite hotels, back again in early July - was able to get a room over pride weekend on points with a reasonable cash upgrade to the studio suite again.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Just had my best ever use of a SNA at the W London. Booked a Spectacular King, applied the SNA and five days out got upgraded to a Marvelous Suite. The day of, changed to an Extreme WOW Penthouse Suite. Just for one night, but it was an incredible room. Rotating couch, dining room, insane mini bar (for a fee), huge bathroom with Jacuzzi. I had to sign a waiver that I wouldn't throw any crazy parties (little did they know at check in all our plans consisted of was to rotate on the couch and watch British TV while drinking red wine). Overall, service was fantastic - would definitely come back.

Dining Room

Bedroom

Huge shower

DJ Turntable

Mini bar with Dom

Huge bathroom

Rotating Couch

Also got prossecco at check in, chocolate in the room as a welcome gift. Breakfast was great.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: SPG|Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by dcmike
Just had my best ever use of a SNA at the W London. Booked a Spectacular King, applied the SNA and five days out got upgraded to a Marvelous Suite. The day of, changed to an Extreme WOW Penthouse Suite. Just for one night, but it was an incredible room. Rotating couch, dining room, insane mini bar (for a fee), huge bathroom with Jacuzzi. I had to sign a waiver that I wouldn't throw any crazy parties (little did they know at check in all our plans consisted of was to rotate on the couch and watch British TV while drinking red wine). Overall, service was fantastic - would definitely come back.

<….>

Also got prossecco at check in, chocolate in the room as a welcome gift. Breakfast was great.
That sounds awesome mate. Curious to ask, did you go on a weekday? when you applied for the SNA. Did you select only the marvelous suite? Or did you select the studio suite & cool corner suite as well?
heading over next month, fingers crossed!

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 14, 2023 at 11:33 am Reason: Removed the string of images from the requote
Old Nov 14, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Samli
That sounds awesome mate. Curious to ask, did you go on a weekday? when you applied for the SNA. Did you select only the marvelous suite? Or did you select the studio suite & cool corner suite as well?
heading over next month, fingers crossed!
It was a Friday night, but only a one-night stay, which I think likely helped. I selected the Marvelous and the Cool Corner suites. Best of luck!
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:38 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I knew Marriott would catch on and send me to a padded room at some point….

Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:57 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I had no idea this was what these pillows did - flash them!

Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I had no idea this was what these pillows did - flash them!

They are great fun! Think they disappeared during covid and were then declared “Covid secure” at the some point . How’s your stay? What room did you get?
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:33 pm

They are great fun! Think they disappeared during covid and were then declared “Covid secure” at the some point . How’s your stay? What room did you get?
Staff continues to be very personable - NUA request for Wow Suite didn’t clear, but I was auto-upgraded to a Marvelous Suite the morning of arrival.

Excited to see how breakfast goes in the morning.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Staff continues to be very personable - NUA request for Wow Suite didn’t clear, but I was auto-upgraded to a Marvelous Suite the morning of arrival.

Excited to see how breakfast goes in the morning.
I don’t recall the WOW suite being in the SNA pool in the past, so perhaps this is an improvement secondary to the new NUAs? Hope the room is nice, don’t think I’ve had that suite. The hotel usually treats elites well. I like the breakfast, there are some good healthy options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.