Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Area Starwood Hotels (General Discussion 2008 Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Area Starwood Hotels (General Discussion 2008 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:07 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You must not be familiar with the area. Pleasanton is East - Petaluma is North.
I think their point was that I-680 to I-780 to 37 to 101 (or something like that) is probably better than San Jose / Palo Alto to Petaluma in the morning.

I hadn't considered the Sheraton in Pleasanton. I thought it had gotten some bad reviews (but maybe I was confusing it with the DT Club).
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by stc
I think their point was that I-680 to I-780 to 37 to 101 (or something like that) is probably better than San Jose / Palo Alto to Petaluma in the morning.
San Jose is about the worst choice considering the drive. San Rafael or Emeryville would be much closer to "en route".
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:58 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
San Jose is about the worst choice considering the drive. San Rafael or Emeryville would be much closer to "en route".
Have San Rafael and / or Emeryville been renovated recently?

I thought that San Rafael and Emeryville were old Four Points. When I checked one was cheaper than the Four Points SFO and one was the same price. Other than the gym sucking, the Four Points SFO is actually a pretty nice hotel. I guess I'm looking for something better than San Rafael / Emeryville / SFO Four Points. Otherwise, I might as well just stay at the SFO Four Points. (I won't stay at the Westin SFO again.)

The Westin Versa in Napa is within my budget. The Sheraton in Pleasanton is a possibility and it is certainly less driving than the Four Points SJC.

Last edited by stc; Jul 24, 2010 at 12:55 pm
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:27 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by stc
The Westin Versa in Napa is within my budget.
They often have two-night minima, but if you can get a one-night reservation, it is nice (even though the resort fee is annoying). Driving-wise, SFO-Napa-Petaluma is only slightly shorter than SFO-Pleasanton-Petaluma.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:54 pm
stc

They often have two-night minima, but if you can get a one-night reservation, it is nice (even though the resort fee is annoying). Driving-wise, SFO-Napa-Petaluma is only slightly shorter than SFO-Pleasanton-Petaluma.
I checked and for the first Thursday in November they had one night stays available.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hertz Pres O
Are there any hotels in the Bay Area with good, reliable, fast internet connections?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
why are *wood properties so expensive first week nov 2010?

I have a stay in SF planned for Nov 2-5.
I need to be in the area of Union Square/Market Street, which makes many of the Starwood properties convenient. But the lowest rates on SPG.com are the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf for $199 /night before the high taxes, and the Westin Market St. for $207/night before taxes.
The W, St. Francis and Le Meridien are $289, $242, $322 per night.
According to alot of posts prices are more in the $100-$200 range normally and not the $200-$400 range like it seems to be now.

Am I missing something? Is there a big event or are these rates normal for this time of year? I'm a noob when it comes to Starwood hotel stays, but according to the reading I've been doing on FT, this seems really high than what everyone else stays for.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:11 pm
stc

Those seem plausible for midweek rates, especially without any sort of discount. Have you tried AAA rates?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Hey guys,

My wife and I are 20-somethings, staying in SFO this weekend on FWNs. I wanted to book the St Regis, but they're all booked. We were at the W in South Beach last month, and while I really enjoyed the W, we want to try something different. So right now I'm looking at both the Palace as well as Le Meridien.

Which would you recommend? We want something that has a good location, a good chance of getting an upgrade, and if one of them gave breakfast coupons or had a lounge, that would be a huge plus. Also something that's nice and that won't disappoint. We noticed that the Palace had it's last renovation in 2001 and the Le Meridien in 2008. Is the Palace kind of run down? Reviews on other websites have the LM rated higher than the Palace. But I also know that the LM experience can be had in other cities, whereas the Palace is strictly SFO.

Any comments?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:22 pm

We've never stayed at the LM, but we enjoy the elegance of the Palace and often stay there on FWNs when we don't want to travel, or when we want to see a show in The City and not have to worry about getting home. It has a somewhat better location for a weekend stay (the Financial District can be kind of dead), but they're not all that far apart so that's not a big concern.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by ramalama8
Hey guys,

My wife and I are 20-somethings, staying in SFO this weekend on FWNs. I wanted to book the St Regis, but they're all booked. We were at the W in South Beach last month, and while I really enjoyed the W, we want to try something different. So right now I'm looking at both the Palace as well as Le Meridien.

Which would you recommend? We want something that has a good location, a good chance of getting an upgrade, and if one of them gave breakfast coupons or had a lounge, that would be a huge plus. Also something that's nice and that won't disappoint. We noticed that the Palace had it's last renovation in 2001 and the Le Meridien in 2008. Is the Palace kind of run down? Reviews on other websites have the LM rated higher than the Palace. But I also know that the LM experience can be had in other cities, whereas the Palace is strictly SFO.

Any comments?
Hands down the LM in my book. To be fair, I prefer a modern hotel to a historic one, but I think the LM wins on room quality and elite treatment. The area around the LM can be quiet on weekends, but the Ferry Building is only a couple of blocks away and North Beach and Union Square aren't far either. The LM staff are friendly and there's a reasonable (for SF) parking lot across the street if you have a car.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:08 pm

what is the best one to visit Monterey???

Did a search, and there is no starwood hotel nearby.....weird..
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
what is the best one to visit Monterey?
It doesn't really matter - Monterey is about a three hour drive from SF. Something down in the San Jose area would shave an hour off your drive.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Hands down the LM in my book. To be fair, I prefer a modern hotel to a historic one, but I think the LM wins on room quality and elite treatment. The area around the LM can be quiet on weekends, but the Ferry Building is only a couple of blocks away and North Beach and Union Square aren't far either. The LM staff are friendly and there's a reasonable (for SF) parking lot across the street if you have a car.
We've never stayed at the LM, but we enjoy the elegance of the Palace and often stay there on FWNs when we don't want to travel, or when we want to see a show in The City and not have to worry about getting home. It has a somewhat better location for a weekend stay (the Financial District can be kind of dead), but they're not all that far apart so that's not a big concern.
Thanks for your comments. I, too, really like old-world style so long as it is kept up and has all of the modern amenities you would expect in a new hotel. But LM has better reviews.

Still torn...
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by ramalama8
Thanks for your comments. I, too, really like old-world style so long as it is kept up and has all of the modern amenities you would expect in a new hotel. But LM has better reviews.
You could always stay at the LM and visit the Palace. The most interesting parts of the Palace are the public areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.