Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Xeno
Since it took 30 hours to get to Macau, I was off-balance when dumped at a remote door by the Sands Cotai Central bus. Fortunately, I remembered your notes and that got me on the right track. Thank you.

I was upgraded to a very nice suite and felt like the agents in front of the 4th floor club worked hard to get me a nice room with an early arrival. (My ICN-HKG flight was early so I caught an earlier ferry than planned.)
While you're there I do recommend the Batman ride. Also the new Elekron show is good. The House of the Dancing Water used to be great and I've seen it twice but I had read recent reports that it's downscaled the spectacle. You can book value tickets for all of these on Klook.
Xeno likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:23 am

Does anyone know when the Bene restaurant is supposed to close?

I actually find it to be a pretty nice restaurant with reasonably priced food and a good happy hour.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:36 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Not sure if it’s a one off or a system issue but I was amused to get an email four days ago from the club about my upcoming stay (that was actually cancelled due to a change of plans). I was less than amused today to get an email saying I was a no show! Despite cancelling a week out it seems something went wrong.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by markis10
Not sure if it’s a one off or a system issue but I was amused to get an email four days ago from the club about my upcoming stay (that was actually cancelled due to a change of plans). I was less than amused today to get an email saying I was a no show! Despite cancelling a week out it seems something went wrong.
Happens from time to time recently. Please see:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...servation.html

I hope you saved cancellation email.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:12 pm
Suspended

I just come backed from Macau, I do not recommend to stay here if for a vacation. The hotel is mess and dated with Sheraton business style. I would much recommend JW Marriott in Galaxy, Or Wynn palace. You paid for what you get.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Vince Chan
I just come backed from Macau, I do not recommend to stay here if for a vacation. The hotel is mess and dated with Sheraton business style. I would much recommend JW Marriott in Galaxy, Or Wynn palace. You paid for what you get.
There's many here who will disagree. At the right price (so, generally, excluding Saturday nights and peak Chinese holidays) it is a great experience and value for Platinums with huge suite upgrades and a good lounge offering. Feast has its fans and the gym is large and good quality.

It can be significantly cheaper than the JW apart from peak times when, of course, if the rates are close then you're better off there. Also terrible points redemption any time inexplicably being the same as the JW.

As for paying for what you get, I think you mean that you get what you paid for which should be the baseline truth at any hotel shouldn't it?

Please detail exactly what was so awful about your stay here and how much you paid per night and you'll get some constructive feedback to help you avoid a similar situation in the future.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
There's many here who will disagree. At the right price (so, generally, excluding Saturday nights and peak Chinese holidays) it is a great experience and value for Platinums with huge suite upgrades and a good lounge offering. Feast has its fans and the gym is large and good quality.

It can be significantly cheaper than the JW apart from peak times when, of course, if the rates are close then you're better off there. Also terrible points redemption any time inexplicably being the same as the JW.
Put me down as one that disagrees (and one who normally pays less than $80 USD a night) which might have something to do with it, I have never seen value to stay at the Marriott.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I disagree as well.
this property always put me in a nice suite on a relatively cheap BRG rate. One time I even got a better suite than the base suite. They are very generous to platinum guest here.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:16 am
Suspended

As for paying for what you get, I think you mean that you get what you paid for which should be the baseline truth at any hotel shouldn't it?

Please detail exactly what was so awful about your stay here and how much you paid per night and you'll get some constructive feedback to help you avoid a similar situation in the future.
It's not awful or horrible, but its' just what you expected from a Starwood old Chinese style decorated Sheraton, for a place like Macau , I am here for vacation, you want get value and spend less? Choose Sheraton. But I think it as a four star hotel, there is basically not service at all in the club lounge, the experience is just too difference from JW and much quiet...

You want get quality , choose JW in Galaxy.

My points is, there are way too many good hotel in Macau, I can't think of any reason to stay at Sheraton , again, unless for business travel or travel with limited budged.

I can still give you details. The food/room service quality at Sheraton grand is horrible and cost me 30 dollars a dish.

I order a grill wagyu burger at Ritz Calrton lounge with live performance at 9 pm and it cost me the exactly the same 30 dollars but the " value" is heaven and hell.

Last edited by Vince Chan; Jul 31, 2019 at 1:23 am
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:19 am
Suspended

Put me down as one that disagrees (and one who normally pays less than $80 USD a night) which might have something to do with it, I have never seen value to stay at the Marriott.
All those disagree comes from price perspective, I assuming you guys are not want to pay more , and sure you would not understand the the difference of experience and quality of every aspect at JW or Ritz in Galaxy. You may want to check the pool there versus the tiny pool at Sheraton.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:37 am

All those disagree comes from price perspective, I assuming you guys are not want to pay more , and sure you would not understand the the difference of experience and quality of every aspect at JW or Ritz in Galaxy. You may want to check the pool there versus the tiny pool at Sheraton.
You inexplicably fail to mention the St. Regis in your list of premium price Marriott-brand luxury hotels in Macau to compare the Sheraton to.

But really, how sure are you that none of us would understand the difference of experience and quality at the JW or the Ritz? 100% sure? You've met us? You've seen our stay patterns? You know innately what motivates us to book a particular hotel on each occasion? That's a ridiculous statement to make. Our disagrements come from a value perspective which is related to but not the same as pricing.

I get that you didn't enjoy the Sheraton. You still haven't told us how much you paid. If it was ~MOP2000 then you definitely overpaid and you should feel bitter about it. If it was ~MOP1000 then it should have been a good value experience. But I don't understand why you would book the Sheraton in the first place given the brand's positioning and your expectations and standards of experience and quality. It seems like you were setting yourself up for a guaranteed disappointment when one of your benchmarks is the Ritz Carlton across the road.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:40 am
Suspended

You inexplicably fail to mention the St. Regis in your list of premium price Marriott-brand luxury hotels in Macau to compare the Sheraton to.

But really, how sure are you that none of us would understand the difference of experience and quality at the JW or the Ritz? 100% sure? You've met us? You've seen our stay patterns? You know innately what motivates us to book a particular hotel on each occasion? That's a ridiculous statement to make. Our disagrements come from a value perspective which is related to but not the same as pricing.

I get that you didn't enjoy the Sheraton. You still haven't told us how much you paid. If it was ~MOP2000 then you definitely overpaid and you should feel bitter about it. If it was ~MOP1000 then it should have been a good value experience. But I don't understand why you would book the Sheraton in the first place given the brand's positioning and your expectations and standards of experience and quality. It seems like you were setting yourself up for a guaranteed disappointment when one of your benchmarks is the Ritz Carlton across the road.

No, your disagrements comes price point, if you want bring up value, than Peak season using point redemption at JW Marriott Vs points of Sheraton is obvious.

Not to mention, in low season, the rate between JW and Sheraton grand is not that much.

I am not setting my disappointment from the beginning, I book Sheraton because of so many positive reviews from Plat , for how good the lounge was , easy to get huge suite.

Then I found there is basically nothing in the afternoon tea setting, despite a few apples and lemon water, I am not even sure if I can order anything, like the way in JW executive lounge. And the decoration of suite and room is like 20 years ago. I do not even want to use the pool their , sands complex is so annoying comparing to Galaxy or Wynn.

In low season , JW is only about $1500 HKD and Sheraton should still need at least around 1000 HKD, but the experience is huge of difference.

I am not interested in St regis because of the layout of room and its style, so I prefer JW and Ritz, also galaxy had much better pool and overall experience of a Galaxy resorts comparing to St regis or Sheraton at the sands.

Again, I 've stayed at some Courtyard, it should be only 4 star business hotel but surpassed its value and quality, such as Singapore, HK, Shin-Osaka.

But at Sheraton, it always failed, Macau is not exception.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:35 am

Are we talking about the same property, tiny pool???????? They have many and on different levels.

BTW if your paying $1000HKD your paying too much, try $600HKD!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:53 am
Suspended

Are we talking about the same property, tiny pool???????? They have many and on different levels.

BTW if your paying $1000HKD your paying too much, try $600HKD!

Yes , I know they have multiple small pool , but lack of attractive environment, I do not even want to use them, It’s nothing different to a regular business sheraton, not in the same league as JW ‘s private pool and not to mention galaxy’s main pool.

Yes I paid 1000 hkd a night , I am not interested in comparing who gets cheaper rate with you guys . I am also not interested in St regis nearby and do not consider it as luxury.

You all be happy staying at sheraton, let me stay at JW and Ritz Carlton.

Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:54 pm

Yes , I know they have multiple small pool , but lack of attractive environment, I do not even want to use them, It’s nothing different to a regular business sheraton, not in the same league as JW ‘s private pool and not to mention galaxy’s main pool.

Yes I paid 1000 hkd a night , I am not interested in comparing who gets cheaper rate with you guys . I am also not interested in St regis nearby and do not consider it as luxury.

You all be happy staying at sheraton, let me stay at JW and Ritz Carlton.
Oh don’t go. I was going to propose a FlyerTalk Meet-up in the Sheraton lounge one weekend on our MOP600 rates.
3rdworldresident likes this.

Last edited by ftrichard; Aug 2, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.