Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reception: [email protected]
Other: [email protected]

Property underwent renovation in 2015-2016, so no longer a dump. Exec lounge open on the weekends.

You do not need to pay for the Hoppa to get to the property. You can take some public buses (ie, 105, 111, 140) to/from the Ren, as it's in the 'free zone'. The Heathrow free travel zone has been suspended indefinitely effective January 1, 2021. Standard fares now apply.

Print Wikipost

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stc
IME the Marriott has always been better than the Ren including the fact that the food offerings are better in the evening and it doesn't have the "large tour group hotel" feel.
I thought that the food options at the Ren were better than the Marriott, certainly for vegetarian options. I stayed on my birthday at the Marriott. They upgraded me for one night, but then I had to move to another room for the second night. I found food and dirty plates in the desk drawer. There was food and dirty forks under the desk. They gave me a birthday cake so huge, that it wouldn't fit in the fridge (which didn't work anyway). When they delivered the cake, it didn't come with any plates, knives or forks. I guess they assumed I would eat it with my hands. The list goes on and on ...
Old May 30, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I thought that the food options at the Ren were better than the Marriott, certainly for vegetarian options. I stayed on my birthday at the Marriott. They upgraded me for one night, but then I had to move to another room for the second night. I found food and dirty plates in the desk drawer. There was food and dirty forks under the desk. They gave me a birthday cake so huge, that it wouldn't fit in the fridge (which didn't work anyway). When they delivered the cake, it didn't come with any plates, knives or forks. I guess they assumed I would eat it with my hands. The list goes on and on ...
I'm not convinced 'the birthday cake they gave me was too big' counts as a valid complaint!

Fair enough on some of the other issues, however.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
I found food and dirty plates in the desk drawer. There was food and dirty forks under the desk. They gave me a birthday cake so huge, that it wouldn't fit in the fridge (which didn't work anyway). When they delivered the cake, it didn't come with any plates, knives or forks. I guess they assumed I would eat it with my hands.
That's what the dirty forks and plates were for...
dgreen12, Wembleygal and ryw like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:59 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I was mostly talking about the lounge food esp in the evening which I consider a joke at the Ren.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by stc
I was mostly talking about the lounge food esp in the evening which I consider a joke at the Ren.
Last time I was at the LHR Ren the evening offerings were nice & I didn't consider them a joke. So again, a case of YMMV.

Is the Ren (or the MAR or the 2 LHR Sheratons) going to be the same as the JW or Park Lane in town? No. But they're not dives either (and the rates are certainly cheaper than in town). Set one's expectations accordingly.

Cheers.
Wembleygal, glnsf and MrM2016 like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The big problem with the Renaissance is the size of the rooms, upgrades seem hard to come by and the rooms are unacceptably small. The lounge whilst pleasant is a little small for the number of guests with access. By far the best of the Marriott Heathrow properties is the Sheraton Skyline where the rooms are large and spacious (bordering on huge for Heathrow with the right room type).
Old May 31, 2019, 11:18 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Last time I was at the LHR Ren the evening offerings were nice & I didn't consider them a joke. So again, a case of YMMV.

Is the Ren (or the MAR or the 2 LHR Sheratons) going to be the same as the JW or Park Lane in town? No. But they're not dives either (and the rates are certainly cheaper than in town). Set one's expectations accordingly.

Cheers.
Last time I was there you got one small plate of appetizers in the lounge in the evening.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by stc
Last time I was there you got one small plate of appetizers in the lounge in the evening.
It depends what you are looking for. You certainly can't compare it to the food offering at European airports such as the Frankfurt Sheraton or the Marriott further down the Bath Rd.

Open 24hrs a day

Available 24/7
Fruit - Apples and Bananas topped up through out the day,
Bean to cup coffee machine
Fridge with non alcohol drinks: water, Pepsi, Ginger ale
Biscuits
Two types of loose nibbles

Evening (5:30-9.00)
Four different canapes
Cheese platter: three types of cheese, pickle, celery sticks, grapes
Biscuits for cheese
Crusty bread
Butter, honey, strawberry jam, marmalade.
Red and white wine, bottled beer on request
Cakes.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
After a 2 week EU Vacation, we ended our last night here. What a mistake this was!

The keys I was given did not work on “my room”. I had to go back downstairs to the front desk and ask them to re-activate the keys.

When I came back to “my room”, a couple was already in there. The older gentlemen was in his underwear and looked nervous. So back downstairs for the second time I went. The front desk was very defensive and claimed this was my room and she didn’t know who was in my room. I then asked why would there were people staying in the hotel they didn’t know about. She looked very nervous and couldn’t answer the question. This seems like a minor safety issue if she couldn’t figure out who was in my room.

Half the elevators didn’t work. The lounge was subpar, dirty, loud and very busy. They didn’t upgrade my room (I’m titanium elite) until I asked. I know that’s all minor compared to the experience of the poor couple I walked in on.

Honesty, just stay away from this place.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:56 pm
stc

Originally Posted by Lizie
It depends what you are looking for. You certainly can't compare it to the food offering at European airports such as the Frankfurt Sheraton or the Marriott further down the Bath Rd.

Open 24hrs a day

Available 24/7
Fruit - Apples and Bananas topped up through out the day,
Bean to cup coffee machine
Fridge with non alcohol drinks: water, Pepsi, Ginger ale
Biscuits
Two types of loose nibbles

Evening (5:30-9.00)
Four different canapes
Cheese platter: three types of cheese, pickle, celery sticks, grapes
Biscuits for cheese
Crusty bread
Butter, honey, strawberry jam, marmalade.
Red and white wine, bottled beer on request
Cakes.
This [bolded part - my emphasis] is disingenuous in that it really is ONE SMALL PIECE EACH OF FOUR DIFFERENT CANAPES. And if you are a vegetarian or don't like one of the four it isn't very easy to get an extra of one of the others instead. The evening offerings at the Marriott and Skyline are more to my liking.

Last edited by stc; Jun 3, 2019 at 1:32 pm
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Stayed here for one night, Check in was quick and efficient thanks to Mobile Check-in. However, the check-in attendant gave me the wonderful line of "as an ambassador, we have gladly upgraded you to a Superior Queen room with runway room"..... ERMMMM wait there, this is no upgrade as this is the room I booked..... why lie.... just say the hotel is full and not able to upgrade you on this occasion. This is better than telling false info.

Lounge is okay, but selection of food for breakfast is limited, but note you can have hot breakfast in the restaurant, but i didnt as I have BA Gold and will have breakfast in the First Lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just had the one stay here, and doubt I’ll return soon. Something about about it, maybe the shopping-mall ambience of the reception area, the odd-sized room doorways, the large ‘n loud clientele in the overcrowded lounge, the enormous slabs of cheese in lounge buffet, just didn’t feel right.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I'm not convinced 'the birthday cake they gave me was too big' counts as a valid complaint!

Fair enough on some of the other issues, however.
I'm afraid it is, when it didn't come with any cutlery, plates or napkins and was too big to fit in the fridge, so melted in the room … I would have love to have taken it to work, but rancid cream is not a great taste!
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:08 pm

SNA - Suite Night

Disgraceful that this hotel refused to allow me to apply an SNA award. I'm not mad about not getting a suite, I'm mad that they ignore the program and opportunity to apply. What gain is there to the hotel to refuse to allow SNA's
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Disgraceful that this hotel refused to allow me to apply an SNA award. I'm not mad about not getting a suite, I'm mad that they ignore the program and opportunity to apply. What gain is there to the hotel to refuse to allow SNA's
Uh, because they don't have many suites? (From wiki in Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK)
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel Hotel Web Page Fact Sheet Bath Road, Hounslow, England TW6 2AQ
Stats: 4 floors, 703 rooms, 7 suites (%Suites: 1%) Concierge Lounge: yes Category: 5 Built: 1973 Last Remodel: 2015
Threads: Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel no longer a dump (current) and Marriott-family hotels at London Heathrow Airport (current)
David
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.