Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by camaross
This is one of the funniest posts I've seen on here.

Listen, if you want a nice Las Vegas dining experience, Cosmo (and Vegas in general) have plenty of world class restaurants to check out. You can make a reservation, show up at a specific time and never have to wait in a line.

However, if you want to stuff your face with as much food as you can eat for 30-40 bucks, then go to a buffet, but you might have to wait in line with the rest of the people who didn't want to shell out 80/90/100 bucks a person for a fine dining experience.

It's your pick, choose one or the other, you can't have the best of both.
I don't find it funny - I know how to dine in Las Vegas and I've done both buffets and sit down fine dining. My point was specific to buffets in response to the prior post about Wicked Spoon
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:03 pm

Hi everyone, this seems to be the most knowledgeable group about the Cosmo hotel, so I want to ask even though I’m not a Marriott member/have status: how does the AAA rate work? Just book and then show your card at check-in? Is there a specific tier of AAA you need to qualify for the discount? Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by joe318
Hi everyone, this seems to be the most knowledgeable group about the Cosmo hotel, so I want to ask even though I’m not a Marriott member/have status: how does the AAA rate work? Just book and then show your card at check-in? Is there a specific tier of AAA you need to qualify for the discount? Thanks.
At the Marriott website, when doing your search, just choose AAA from the drop down list of special rates. I don't recall if the card number is requested at time of booking, I believe not, but keep the card with you just in case there is that 5% chance the front desk staff will ask for it at check-in, but that almost never happens.

Rates are the same regardless of AAA tier, although check your AAA travel portal as certain regions might have better pricing or packages through their own booking portal.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: Southwest, Identity
Hello all, long time lurker. Looking for the most up to date info.

I'm Marriott Gold, which I know gets me an upgrade (if available), as well as invited guest check in and late check out (if available). Judging from the posts, there is a difference between "Invited Guests" and the Autograph Lounge. Is this correct? I'll be getting in around 1pm on Easter Sunday and wanna be as efficient as possible.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by isl1985
Hello all, long time lurker. Looking for the most up to date info.

I'm Marriott Gold, which I know gets me an upgrade (if available), as well as invited guest check in and late check out (if available). Judging from the posts, there is a difference between "Invited Guests" and the Autograph Lounge. Is this correct? I'll be getting in around 1pm on Easter Sunday and wanna be as efficient as possible.
Gold members get access to the 'invited guests' priority line - Plat and above can use the Autograph Lounge
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
At the Marriott website, when doing your search, just choose AAA from the drop down list of special rates. I don't recall if the card number is requested at time of booking, I believe not, but keep the card with you just in case there is that 5% chance the front desk staff will ask for it at check-in, but that almost never happens.

Rates are the same regardless of AAA tier, although check your AAA travel portal as certain regions might have better pricing or packages through their own booking portal.
Perfect, thank you!
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:35 pm

The AAA discount is the same for any AAA membership level. If I recall, to book the AAA rate on Marriott's website you just have to enter your AAA membership number, then you'll be able to book that AAA rate. I'd keep your card on you just to be safe when you check in, but in my experience (although it was at least 7-8 years ago since I used an AAA rate) they didn't actually ask to see your card at checkin.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I see that showing the card is YMMV, but just bring it with you so there will be no issues. I have booked an AAA rate 3 times. 2 out of the 3, I was asked for the card at check-in
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Does anyone know if Suite Night Awards are usable at this property?

I just had a reservation last week, and the website said the reservation wasn't eligible for SNA, and I didn't have a chance to call.

I'll likely be returning in a couple months, and I'm trying to figure out if it's best to book direct with SNA or through Amex FHR (and get the breakfast credit).
Old Mar 25, 2021, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by some dude
Does anyone know if Suite Night Awards are usable at this property?

I just had a reservation last week, and the website said the reservation wasn't eligible for SNA, and I didn't have a chance to call.

I'll likely be returning in a couple months, and I'm trying to figure out if it's best to book direct with SNA or through Amex FHR (and get the breakfast credit).
No they are not.

You may be able to get a slight upgrade when you check in depending on availability, but you're generally not going to go from a basic-ish room to a terrace suite/wraparound suite unless you have identity status with cosmo directly.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
I know you cannot earn Identity and MR points in the same stay.

But can I earn Identity points and Marriot NIGHTS in the same stay? If so what do I need to do to make sure I get credit?

Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
I know you cannot earn Identity and MR points in the same stay.

But can I earn Identity points and Marriot NIGHTS in the same stay? If so what do I need to do to make sure I get credit?
Unfortunately this is not possible, I even had a (Cosmo) VP look into it last year when I was considering regaining MR status; the crediting is either all MR or all Identity. But this shouldn't be an issue except in very limited circumstances, since points can be transferred between the programs.

Last edited by gengar; Apr 6, 2021 at 3:03 am
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Just a quick update, stayed there this past weekend, one night, checked in Sat, checked out Sunday. Marriott Gold member.

No issues or lines checking in around 12:30pm Sat. Room was a 1 bedroom with balcony with spectacular views of the strip

No issues with pool overcrowding either (they have capacity limits everywhere in Nevada). I stayed at Mandalay the day before and it took hours to get into their pool (I added myself to the waitlist at 1pm, and received a text to come at 4:30pm. Pool closed at 6pm so didn't get much time there). Lots more families and kids at Mandalay however.

Very busy at the bars and restaurants at Cosmo and everything required reservations. Chandelier Bar was full for the evening already when I checked, but did get a walk in reservation on the lowest level after waiting about 15 min. Dinner at Beauty & Essex was great!

Tried for the nightclub there which was open, but they required $750 minimum spending per table - passed!

Finally, they honored a 1pm late check out automatically for being a Gold member (they sent a text, so didn't even ask), but would not extend beyond that. They were super busy Sunday afternoon with people checking in, I'm assuming spring breakers.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tstauck
Just a quick update, stayed there this past weekend, one night, checked in Sat, checked out Sunday. Marriott Gold member.

No issues with pool overcrowding either (they have capacity limits everywhere in Nevada). I stayed at Mandalay the day before and it took hours to get into their pool (I added myself to the waitlist at 1pm, and received a text to come at 4:30pm. Pool closed at 6pm so didn't get much time there). Lots more families and kids at Mandalay however.

Tried for the nightclub there which was open, but they required $750 minimum spending per table - passed!

Finally, they honored a 1pm late check out automatically for being a Gold member (they sent a text, so didn't even ask), but would not extend beyond that. They were super busy Sunday afternoon with people checking in, I'm assuming spring breakers.
Nice to hear that about the Cosmo pool. How was the situation with the pool loungers at Blvd pool if you went there? That's the only pool I like going to at the Cosmo. Yeah, at the Vegas clubs currently- there is no general admission due to the restrictions. Only table/bottle service. We will see what May 1st holds for Vegas as that's when restrictions will possibly be lifted.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Nice to hear that about the Cosmo pool. How was the situation with the pool loungers at Blvd pool if you went there? That's the only pool I like going to at the Cosmo. Yeah, at the Vegas clubs currently- there is no general admission due to the restrictions. Only table/bottle service. We will see what May 1st holds for Vegas as that's when restrictions will possibly be lifted.
I went to the other pool but they did have a type of pool lounger, basically firm Styrofoam that you could pick up and move anywhere and sit half in and out of the water . They also had beds right next to the water that could be reserved (both can be seen in the pic below, to the bottom right).

Yes, May 1st is supposed to be the next date when most of the restrictions are lifted

Last edited by tstauck; Apr 6, 2021 at 5:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.