Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:52 pm

The update to my update is that the points have not posted despite being told that they would by COB yesterday. I fired off a note to MR suggesting that it was just plain wrong to not disclose the deviation from the otherwise promoted property. Received a form response thanking me for my insight.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the points will post considering a rep specifically told me they would. However, my temperature is rising with this whole saga.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
billy, you might consider posting on Marriott Insiders re: the situation/unannounced change.

Cheers.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:11 pm

Good idea. Thanks Sharon.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
What are everyone's experiences with the time to post points? I'm at a week since check out and no points...(although the MR# was correct on the folio).
Typically about a week and they usually post incorrectly. On the last three trips I've had to call each time because of some screwup. Usually, it's that they forget to post my platinum arrival gift. Although other times I've gotten the right number of points, but no night credit.

I love the hard product of this hotel. But it's amateur hour when it comes to service....
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:38 am

Sorry if this has been addressed in this thread, I did not see it!

Cosmopolitan is a transfer partner from Marriott. (http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi)

250,000 MR points = 100,000 Identity points

80,000 Identity points earned = Identity Platinum

My question: If I transfer points from Marriott to Identity, do they count towards the earned status levels in Identity?

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...tidentity.aspx

50,000 MR points transfer (to earn 20,000 Identity points) seems like an OK deal if you do earn Identity Gold...

edit:
Doing further research, no: "*Marriott Rewards Points which are converted to Identity Membership points do not count towards Identity tier progression."

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriottrewards
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:02 pm

This may have also been answered in the thread, but I couldn't find it.

I received an offer for 4 free nights resulting from a stay a year ago where I gambled a bit. I wanted a terrace wraparound for a 3-night stay later this month so I just booked a paid res on my own. I emailed trying to parlay the offer into an upgrade to guarantee it was a fountain view/high floor wraparound. I also mentioned that I'm MR platinum. Cosmo replied and said only that they would annotate the request on my reservation but that it wasn't confirmed.

That wasn't really good enough, so I called the number listed on the free night offer and booked a separate comp room for the same nights (terrace one bedroom, which is more than I expected). Now I have two rooms, one paid and one comped, which is fine because I'll have friends joining.

Now I'm wondering if the comped room will count as nights for Marriott status/bonus qualifications? I would think not, but if I attach my MR number to the comped room it's still a stay technically. Anyone know the answer?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Aaron20

Now I'm wondering if the comped room will count as nights for Marriott status/bonus qualifications? I would think not, but if I attach my MR number to the comped room it's still a stay technically. Anyone know the answer?
It won't count. I know from experience but also I wouldn't expect it to count either.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:42 pm

Marriott Platinum member here looking for some advice on my second trip to the Cosmopolitan.

I'll be heading out the weekend of Dec. 5 (just Friday/Sat/Sunday). I stayed last year and booked the cheapest room possible (City Room), saw my upgrade 24 hours before check-in to a Terrace One-Bedroom and a $20 sandwich got me a strip view on a higher floor.

This time around I'd really like to get an even better upgrade (wraparound) but not sure the best route to try - keeping in mind that I'll be reserving the room with points. Do I book the Terrace One Bedroom/Terrace Suite for 110/130K points and then try another sandwich? Or am I better off just using a higher dollar sandwich?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Depends on occupancy ,the clerk, phase of moon.

I would book the higher category room and go from there, for the best chance. That way if you do not get the upgrade, you still have a nice room.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Delta DM, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have stayed here many times from the beginning (back when they offered plats 2 buffets per day!) and my experiences with upgrades here, like many others, has been mixed.

I have a stay this upcoming weekend on points for the Terrace Suite. I checked the reservation through the Cosmopolitan website two weeks ago and saw that my room type was already listed as a Wrap Around Terrace Suite (hoping it doesn't change).

On a different occasion I had the Terrace one bedroom booked then emailed the hotel to notify them that it was our anniversary and would really appreciate an upgrade to the wrap around suite. To my surprise they actually came through with a bottle of champagne!

Another time I booked similar to what I did this upcoming weekend (points for the terrace suite) but was told my "upgrade" was the fountain view.

All other times it has been a studio to one bedroom, or one bedroom to one bedroom with view, or similar.

My advice would be to send them an email - let them know you are excited to visit and frankly ask for an upgrade.

Good luck!

-J
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Just checked in today. Booked a plain city view room under our corporate rate. Went into the autograph lounge and was handed keys to a terrace suite with an awesome view of the fountains, Paris and everything else. Great view!

No fancy wraparounds but a nice room nonetheless...

My colleague who is a gold member (MR not identity) got the same room type but overlooking the pool.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
So I know you're not supposed to be able to earn Identity points and Marriott points at the same time, but has anyone claimed an Identity offer (not a comp room but resort credit) and been able to claim the elite nights with Marriott?

I'd love to get the Marriott points too (and have in the past by submitting the receipt after the stay to Marriott), but elite nights are the important thing right now for me; I'm doing a combo mileage and mattress run for status since the end of the year is fast approaching. Right now I'm booked at the Marriott Grand Chateau, but I like the Cosmo and being able to immediately walk out of Marquee and head to my room is a nice benefit.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:35 am

Yes, I once was able to claim both elite nights and MR points from a stay booked at Cosmo using an Identity free night offer. Although i did pay an extra $50 to upgrade to a wraparound suite, so maybe that was why, because on the bill it showed the room at $50/night. Just submitted my bill to missing credit and it came through.

Originally Posted by fordan
So I know you're not supposed to be able to earn Identity points and Marriott points at the same time, but has anyone claimed an Identity offer (not a comp room but resort credit) and been able to claim the elite nights with Marriott?

I'd love to get the Marriott points too (and have in the past by submitting the receipt after the stay to Marriott), but elite nights are the important thing right now for me; I'm doing a combo mileage and mattress run for status since the end of the year is fast approaching. Right now I'm booked at the Marriott Grand Chateau, but I like the Cosmo and being able to immediately walk out of Marquee and head to my room is a nice benefit.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec
I stayed at the Cosmo 2 years ago and loved it.

Will stay there again for 3 nights starting next Saturday. As a MR Platinum, will i no longer get the Wicked Spoon buffet for 2?

Do I get a discount for the Marquee night club? Do the $ spent in that club can be charged to the room, and then would i get the MR points?

What's the thing with the 'sandwich trick'? I saw it mentioned in a couple of post but cannot figure what it is. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sorka

1. As a MR Platinum, will i no longer get the Wicked Spoon buffet for 2?

2. Do I get a discount for the Marquee night club?

3. Do the $ spent in that club can be charged to the room, and then would i get the MR points?

4. What's the thing with the 'sandwich trick'? I saw it mentioned in a couple of post but cannot figure what it is. Thanks!
1. No you won't. That went away. You get very little as Plat now.

2. Doubt it.

3. Don't know.

4. It's a bribe to the front desk clerk. You (sneakily so it's not obvious) give the FDC some $$ to upgrade you. $$ amount varies. Maybe someone who did it can chime in re: amounts.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.