Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
Not a "resort"
Even before they started charging a resort fee, being platinum I never paid for Internet. As far as I know free internet is a benefit for golds and platinums.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:55 pm

Guys - through the convention, I'm only booked on a terrace studio, Even with the sandwich trick, is it too far-stretched to get into the wraparound terrace suite?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:39 am
Suspended

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel

I'm a Lifetime Gold and plan on booking 3 night stay at the Las Vegas Marriott. Any thought about that place? I saw it doesn't have a concierge floor. Should I expect coupons for free continental breakfasts?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
I'm a Lifetime Gold and plan on booking 3 night stay at the Las Vegas Marriott. Any thought about that place? I saw it doesn't have a concierge floor. Should I expect coupons for free continental breakfasts?
There's an entire Las Vegas Marriott thread that you might want to read; it even has pictures. You'll get a full buffet breakfast for yourself +1. Great staff at the property.

Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
The title of your post says Cosmopolitan but the body says Marriott. The Marriott will provide buffet breakfast daily. The cosmo will give you nothing (in terms of breakfast)
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:19 am

Las Vegas Marriott yes. Las Vegas Cosmoplitan no.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM 360, Qatar Plat, Etihad Silver, MR Plat
Just completed four nights in the Wraparound Terrace Suite (no upgrade available to the 2 BR suite) and generally not that impressed with the hotel. Room was spacious and had a full kitchen, but noted there were no plates, utensils or glasses in the cabinets. I had the family with me so we called for two spoons so the kids could eat some cereal we had bought at the CVS, only to be asked why we needed it since we had not ordered room service. Housekeeping wasn't great, entered the room on the first day to find items broken, including the railing around the balcony, a dirty washcloth left in the shower and bottles and a full ashtray left on the balcony. The hotel has their own Identity program, which appears to get you more than being Marriott Platinum. When I asked if the Identity program recognized the Marriott status for gambling/restaurant reservations, like Hyatt/M Life, and was told by the manager at the program desk that the Cosmopolitan was an Autograph Collection hotel had nothing to do with Marriott apart from an agreement to do reservations. I noted that Autograph Collection was part of the Marriott portfolio and surprisingly told "no it is not", almost as if he would be embarrassed to be part of Marriott.

I made a comment to the Autograph lounge staff about the resort fee for Platinums, especially since the internet should be free and there was no concierge lounge (since there isn't "Resort" in the hotel name) and they comped the fees, saying they were "working" on improving the Platinum experience (not sure what that meant or what they're planning), so that was a positive and the right thing to do in my opinion.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - through the convention, I'm only booked on a terrace studio, Even with the sandwich trick, is it too far-stretched to get into the wraparound terrace suite?
Yes, don't expect an upgrade.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 1:03 pm

What are everyone's experiences with the time to post points? I'm at a week since check out and no points...(although the MR# was correct on the folio).
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Marriott GOLD

I will be staying 2 nights in Sep. I am Marriott Gold, but it seems like I won't get
VIP check-in / breakfast / room upgrade at all. I will only get points / stay credit, right?

Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by uclasfo
I will be staying 2 nights in Sep. I am Marriott Gold, but it seems like I won't get
VIP check-in / breakfast / room upgrade at all. I will only get points / stay credit, right?

Thanks.
Right.

But I would still ask for an upgrade. Depending how crowded it is you might get something even if it's only a better view such as the Bellagio fountains.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by lucycan
Yes, don't expect an upgrade.
I'm guessing I should expect the same since they are comping me 3 nights in a terrace studio?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:24 am

So, lo and behold, the stay posted to my room but only a small fraction of the expected points (around 35% - the difference is around 25K points). I called Marriott Rewards who informed me that despite being an Autograph property, the Cosmopolitan has recently changed their participation level to only offer points on room rate + room service. This, of course, despite no disclosure that would suggest that they were any different than the actual policy:

To their credit, the agent put me on hold for a short eternity and "resolved" the problem. But, it feels like Marriott needs to assert some corporate consistency with the Cosmopolitan. I understand that it's nice to have in the portfolio, but part of the attraction of the program is the (desired) consistency of benefits and expectations. That is, after all, how it is marketed and a big reason I chose to stay there. If they are operating outside of the rules of every other Autograph Collection hotel, at a minimum, it needs to be disclosed.

The agent also pointed out that Identity points and MR points could not be earned on the same stay. I assume this one was my error but I did not know that either.

As my previous review post indicated, it was already a mediocre stay. But to have to go through the hassle of chasing down points due to a previously undisclosed "policy" is annoying.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:53 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
What are everyone's experiences with the time to post points? I'm at a week since check out and no points...(although the MR# was correct on the folio).
Oddly, for a stay earlier this year it took two months for points to post. B/c I had booked a corporate rate, I assumed it was an ineligible rate and never followed up, but the points randomly posted two months later.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
I called Marriott Rewards who informed me that despite being an Autograph property, the Cosmopolitan has recently changed their participation level to only offer points on room rate + room service. T
Wow. That is a pretty substantial change. I enjoyed building up Identity points easily at that property. They have some fantastic bars and restaurants; plus their spa was very nice.

Last year I "hosted" a couple work events at their nightclub. I was able to get full point value for the dollars spent on bottle service, which was substantial.

I am glad I had those Identity Points transferred to MR.

Disappointing to hear that the property is no longer playing nice with Platinums. Had a great experience 3 years ago with upgrade and comped Wicked Spoon with VIP line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.