Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
What is the different between comfort deluxe / comfort premium room
I stay at this place in Jan 2014 (WE) in event of bangkok shutdown
IMO hotel is low occupancy
My plat benefits
-comfort premium room upgrade ???
-pay 250 *point for breakfast
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nongsom
What is the different between comfort deluxe / comfort premium room
I stay at this place in Jan 2014 (WE) in event of bangkok shutdown
IMO hotel is low occupancy
My plat benefits
-comfort premium room upgrade ???
-pay 250 *point for breakfast
I was there a week before shutdown got the same benefits. My previous stay was in a deluxe room and it was so small I had to step over a chair getting in and out of bed.
Old May 11, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, UA IK
Originally Posted by geminidreams
I was there a week before shutdown got the same benefits. My previous stay was in a deluxe room and it was so small I had to step over a chair getting in and out of bed.
I have stayed there over twenty times and luckily never been given a room that small

The staff is usually pretty sharp, but last visit, they gave me a non-smoking room that reeked of smoke smell. They had not bothered to try and cover up the smell and hoped I would just accept it.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
personally i think this is the worst spg property in BKK.

stayed there a couple of days ago. as a plat member, you'll get
- 'comfort premium room' as an upgrade. (almost identical to the base room, nothing special). all types of suite were available for sale on spg.com.
- free internet.
- 250 starpoints or breakfast buffet.

that's all. staff and service are so-so. i will never stay at this hotel again.

i do prefer aloft bangkok to this four points.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sembach
I have stayed there over twenty times and luckily never been given a room that small

The staff is usually pretty sharp, but last visit, they gave me a non-smoking room that reeked of smoke smell. They had not bothered to try and cover up the smell and hoped I would just accept it.
After my initial experience it took me a long while to give them another shot. I tend to prefer Aloft but will give them another go in July as my last stay was much better.
Old May 11, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, UA IK
Originally Posted by geminidreams
After my initial experience it took me a long while to give them another shot. I tend to prefer Aloft but will give them another go in July as my last stay was much better.
I bounce back and forth between the Aloft and the 4P, depending on the availability points or C&P deals.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:22 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
i see le meridien bkk for 40 bath more than 4 points for dec *_*
Old May 12, 2014, 1:31 am

I scored a room rate of 3200 Baht in July for LM which I thought was pretty good. Am staying 5 nights at the Aloft as well with a family get together. My 3 children are all 19 - 24 so Aloft is a pretty hip location for them.

I was looking for an option for last 3 nights and opted for 4P as didn't want to return to Aloft after the LM. I was a bit disappointed that Westins on Holiday rate expires on 30th June as I would have leapt at that one for just me and the wife.
Old May 12, 2014, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
a little disappointed with the terrible english skills of the person at the front desk last week....called to speak with a guest & the front desk agent just wouldn't get the spelling of the name right....i repeated it over half a dozen times....finally i asked him to call someone else over so that they could help him but he just wouldn't do that & kept trying himself....after 4+ minutes i finally got through to the room....
Old May 12, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident

- 'comfort premium room' as an upgrade. (almost identical to the base room, nothing special). all types of suite were available for sale on spg.com.
- free internet.

Agreed. If I'm not wrong, upgrade pool is now only for Junior suite. With my observation, Junior suite always suddenly disappears in 1-2 days before check-in date.
My assumption for number of Junior suite are 7 rooms (based on search on spg)
The only one thing which is better than aloft is breakfast.

This place might be suitable for mattress run.
I will not stay at 4p if the rate goes more than 2500 thb or not at BRG night rate (1 night&2000 point)
Old May 12, 2014, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident

- free internet.

I prefer Aloft to this too.

Other than the location I somehow find 4P BKK is like an experiment project.
Everything is there but somehow not quite working in terms of guest experience and comfort.
Old May 13, 2014, 2:11 am

I still stay here on points a lot (especially weekends), & I like the location, but I wouldn't pay 2000B for it.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:08 am

The best feature of 4P BKK, for me, is their breakfast. I love their 3-4 Thai dish selections. And their crispy bacon is just fabulous.

I've stayed here more than 25 times, but past 10 or so stays, did not receive an upgrade. Unless you call a room in the Garden Wing an upgrade. Last upgrade I received to a Junior Suite I had to use SNAs. Even then I had to request a room change because that suite was directly under the roof top bar with thumping music all night.

I'd go back on C+P, but not when it goes to THB3000 a night.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:51 am

I don't see this property as one that needs to earn plat guests' loyalties as much as, say, SGS, PA, W, StR, ROS etc.

Its occupancy is always high with no shortage of tour groups from China, Japan etc - one evidence of this being the fact that this hotel is very seldom on Escape rates. They are all about drawing in a large crowd (volume), delivering a satisfactory product, and moving onto the next bunch. Less of 'going-the-extra-mile' or going 'out of their way' to retain loyal-repeat guests and more of appealing to the general market segment... a bit like a fast-food chain if you will, than a fine dining restaurant. Sure, repeat guests are always welcome, but is defo less important here than in places like the Four Seasons.

Keep your expectations in check when checking-in. They do a great job of delivering a satisfactory product but if you are used to the other Starwood hotels there's a good chance you'll feel much less valued here (as you will in Aloft too).
Old May 13, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Keep your expectations in check when checking-in. They do a great job of delivering a satisfactory product but if you are used to the other Starwood hotels there's a good chance you'll feel much less valued here (as you will in Aloft too).
I've never stayed at 4P; but I do stay at Aloft from time to time, and I do feel valued there, as described in my reviews in the Aloft thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.