Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond, SPG Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
How much is the rack rate?
The rate I had been quoted from the hotel staff was approximately 2.5 times more than the standard rate for a vista room and was 9500 thb ++ per night.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:14 pm
cxn

Plats are now only upgraded to Jr. Suites. No other Suites are offered as a Plat upgrade.

Last edited by cxn; Nov 25, 2013 at 9:20 pm
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Originally Posted by cxn
Plats are now only upgraded to Jr. Suites. No other Suites are offered as a Plat upgrade.
Like I replied in another thread to Kalboz, that is not all. Also they excluded the happy hour in the Beer Vault (I was offer two drink vouchers after not being happy during check in) and the breakfast is not part of Plat package anymore, it still might be included in some booking deals, but not in Points or C&P for sure and you have to use your "Plat Welcome Amenity" for getting breakfast.

For me the suites were the main reason I chose this property in the past as a backup when my main hotel was not (or not reasonably) available. I never enjoyed the style, the noises anywhere, the lacking quality of the rooms, the bad bathrooms or the sheer endless list of flaws and I will probably not book that anymore in the future. The price to result ratio is just not acceptable anymore.

I know they are many fans of that property, especially the Nana and Soi Cowboy aficionados and cheap stayers. But I would like to raise the question, if they were really fans of the property (hard product) or more of the price ratio on the given location... also I would question, when they stayed the last time in the 4P. In the end, it is just my opinion.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:41 pm
cxn

I also see they have renamed their rooms which include Comfort Deluxe and Comfort Premium. I wonder if this is to tell the Platinum member, "Sorry, no suites available today. We have upgraded you to a "Premium" room.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I'll be making a 5 night stay in BKK this coming January and am looking at the WGS and 4P with free night awards.

It works out to 5600 pts/nt at WGS or 3600 pts/nt at 4P.

I'm a Plat so I'm guessing there's a much higher likelihood of a suite upgrade at the WGS given what I've read in this thread?

Given there's only a 2000 point difference per night would the WGS be the better option?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The WGS is the better option bc of the lounge access. You will also get 250 more welcome points and 250 more decline housekeeping points per night at the WGS.

While the 4Pts. has decreased benefits for Plats., the WGS has increased benefits by offering bf in the restaurant, free local calls, and 3 pieces of pressing per stay.

However, I did get welcome cookies at the 4Pts. a week ago, after not getting them two weeks ago.

If you had a week stay, you might consider 5 days at the WGS, but F and Sa at the 4Pts. at 3k pts. per night.

I think your chances for a suite ug are about the same at both hotels (esp. now with perhaps fewer plats. staying at the 4Pts.), but others may know more.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by hockeystl
I'll be making a 5 night stay in BKK this coming January and am looking at the WGS and 4P with free night awards.

I'm a Plat so I'm guessing there's a much higher likelihood of a suite upgrade at the WGS given what I've read in this thread?

Given there's only a 2000 point difference per night would the WGS be the better option?
The 5 & 2 idea isn't a bad one. The 2 are so close. With the rise in the 4Ps prices, the WGS has become the better option for $$ not Starpoints IMO. I'd probably go for the 4Ps & keep the 10K.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:39 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by kevino

I think your chances for a suite ug are about the same at both hotels (esp. now with perhaps fewer plats. staying at the 4Pts.), but others may know more.
How many suites do they have at the 4P?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:05 pm
cxn

From the Jr. Suites, I have only been in the same one per floor. I don't remember a Jr. Suite on the 'Garden side'. If that is the case, it would be 7.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Originally Posted by hockeystl

IMO both options are inferior to most other SPG properties. But if you're decided on them I agree with the others here, that chances are better in the WGS for an upgrade, also remind you only Jr.Suite in the 4P possible, which is a dark, somewhat bigger regular room.

Also the lounge in the WGS is good as the 4P has nothing similar anymore - and was never any good IMO.

Last thought, as a Plat you can have great experiences in other SPG hotels. It might be worth to check those out.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
4P is currently promoing 2880++, so I guess rates are going down again
Old Nov 29, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I reluctantly decided to spend a few nights here in Jan mainly on price. Hopefully will get a better room than my last stay.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by cxn
From the Jr. Suites, I have only been in the same one per floor. I don't remember a Jr. Suite on the 'Garden side'. If that is the case, it would be 7.
Did your junior suite face the street? I think I've been in at least two different types of junior suites. One type faces the street and has a large, long bathroom.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
That's because their service is going downhill. Silly when companies try to save a buck thinking it'll actually save em a buck - when what they're really doing is losing customers.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:17 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Westin 3300++ for same dates....

i think the impact from disappointed plats avoiding 4Points is not that big yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.