Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:31 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ATLawyer
I too stayed at this property over labor day this past weekend, and our experience was less than exceptional. Bottom line, the hard product is absolutely top notch, the service leaves a LOT to be desired.

I would love to return, but am reluctant to spend so much and receive so little. Hands down the worst St. Regis I've stayed at in terms of service. It feels more like a Westin resort, where such inconveniences would be overlooked (at least by me). It's just not what you expect from the St. Regis brand.
If it makes you feel any better, this is pretty much the experience we've had at every Caribbean luxury hotel at which we've stayed, be it the FS Nevis, various hotels on St. Barth's, etc. IMO, there is no region in the world besides China with so many luxury hotels so consistently offering such poor service.

In your case, I'd have contacted the Manager on duty after the first or second lapse to share your concerns and ask for better service. If that didn't work, I'd have contacted the GM. When you continue on without complaint, I find that too many luxury hotels falsely believe they are getting the job done even when they aren't. This has happened even at numerous FS, RC, and even a few MO hotels at which we've stayed. It's never happened to us at the StR SF, StR Princeville, StR Mexico City, or any Aman or Peninsula at which we've stayed, thankfully.

It's annoying to take the time to complain...but if it gets the hotel to pay better attention to a guest they know is paying attention, then so be it. Better to complain early and allow for them to improve the service experience than to simply endure the poor service throughout the remainder of your stay.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
This has happened even at numerous FS
and FS / Four Seasons is known for good service recovery after service failures

i have even heard of FS offering service recovery for behavior of other guests
(in terms of that being one of the things prior poster mentioned re their stay)

service recovery is a major part of service, not sure how well st regis handles it
because things can go wrong anywhere anytime, even at best regarded properties
it would be nice to see more discussion of service recovery on FT, even if vague
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:32 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
and FS / Four Seasons is known for good service recovery after service failures

i have even heard of FS offering service recovery for behavior of other guests
(in terms of that being one of the things prior poster mentioned re their stay)

service recovery is a major part of service, not sure how well st regis handles it
because things can go wrong anywhere anytime, even at best regarded properties
I know that FS is KNOWN for good service recovery...but I have to differ with the reality. Some FS are good for service recovery, but some can be pretty terrible, as well. The truth is that I've never had as many letdowns at StR as I've had at FS, though there are more FS properties overall, of course. Only Aman and Peninsula hotels are really near-perfect at service recovery, IME.

I've stayed at the StR SF numerous times (with 3 more coming this fall), StR Mexico City in Feb, StR Monarch Beach many times (nearby where I live), StR Princeville just last year, StR Beijing, StR Lhasa, StR Lanesborough (no longer StR), StR Houston, StR Bal Harbour, StR DC, StR NYC. I'll be at the StR Punta Mita over Thanksgiving, and at the StR Bora Bora in April 2016.

I've stayed at the FS SF (but prefer StR SF), FS LA, FS NYC, FS Chicago, FS Manele Bay, FS Koele, FS Hualalai, FS Baltimore, FS Jackson Hole, FS Vegas, FS Punta Mita, FS DC, FS Prague, FS London Park Lane, FS Buenos Aires, FS Cairo, and FS Hong Kong. I'll be at the FS Bogota (and W Bogota) and FS Paris next year, and we're already planning on the FS Maldives Explorer (and StR Maldives) for 2017.

I can assure you that service recovery isn't always impressive at FS.

At Manele Bay and Koele (2011, pre-refurb), we had problems right from the start. They upgraded us to massive suites at both to make up for it. Then housekeeping errors, maintenance errors, and terrible meal issues caused more mayhem. The on site recovery was non-existent. Only after writing to the Board and GM did the GM contact me, apologize, admit how poor our service had been, and refund 5 of our 7 nights.

At Hualalai, one of the most renown FS properties, we had air con issues galore. They ended up upgrading us to Presidential which had the worst air con of them all, so we downgraded to get cooler temps. The restaurant ran out of rum so we didn't get mai tais. In Hawaii, no rum for mai tais? COME ON. Only a week after check out did they refund 3 of our 5 nights and priced us only for the downgraded 2 nights.

The fact is that I've had easily as good experiences with service at StR as I've had at any of the "best" FS properties. And when I've had issues, the StR properties handled service recovery better--on average--than many (but not all) FS properties.

Both FS and StR are wonderful hotel chains. But the assumption that FS is better in service or service recovery than StR I usually find laughable. FS, MO, RC, and the like are all very comparable to StR IMO, though there are individual differences in each location. There are some FS properties which are truly incredible with service (Baltimore, Prague, Cairo, Asian properties), but there are others where service or service recovery can be quite stiff and/or underwhelming (Hawaii properties, Los Angeles, London, New York, Buenos Aires, Istanbul).
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Only Aman and Peninsula hotels are really near-perfect at service recovery, IME.

when I've had issues, the StR properties handled service recovery better--on average--than many (but not all) FS properties.
you have status with starwood and starwood owns 4 of 34 st regis (san francisco, new york, osaka, florence)
starwood sold at least 2 st regis last year (rome, bal harbour)

peninsula also owns most of their hotels

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 21, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Week at St Regis Bahia Beach

The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort

Map| 6 Reviews | 83% Recommended

State Road 187 Rio Grande, Puerto Rico PR 00745

Week at St Regis Bahia Beach (0 Photo)

My wife and two teen-ish kids spent a week at the St. Regis in PR last week. This was our second trip - the prior trip was three years ago. While we very much liked the trip the first time, I would make the case that this trip was exceptional on an absolute and relative basis. I should admit up front that undoubtedly my opinion is partly driven by a great platinum upgrade, but the room wasn't the only driver of success and improvement at the resort.

I know that there are a number of reviews of this hotel already that rave about the rooms in general, but a St. Regis suite (1 bd) with a good ocean view is hard to beat. My wife argues that I focus too much on the negative, but I think it is just that I expect a lot from a five star hotel. I also think that most of my fellow flyertalkers appreciate a discerning view.

We were in building 11, which is a bit of a walk (5 mins) from the front entrance, but if you are willing to cut through the pool and be a little bit creative, you can get there pretty quick. I don't prefer to take the golf cart service all the time, which leads me to bring up my first topic for discussion before I go into the various aspects of the resort: tipping.

Before I travel to a resort, I go to the bank an pick up a ton of change (5s and 10s). I started doing this after staying at the St. Regis Princeville where it felt like you weren't going to get anything done without a tip. At the PR resort, I didn't feel the same pressure, but frankly the staff was so darn helpful, it seemed like a good balance of service and reward. I do wish there was a way to do something at the end of the trip, but I have worked in enough service environments to know that there is too much risk in the tip not ending up in proper hands. In sum, the golf cart folks were the only folks were where I drew the line at consistent tipping. The bellman, the butler (at the end in an envelope), the pool chair people,  all received consistent gratuities for service (typically once per day). The cart transportation guys, at a resort where one of the restaurants is a 5-7 minute golf cart ride, felt a little to me like tipping the elevator guy. If they did something else, like get ice or bring or take bags etc, fine. (Would anyone like to hear about the resort now?).

It is worth mentioning at this point that I found the service overall to be exemplary. Responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable are all terms that I would use. The butlers, who now cover all rooms rather than just the suites, are available by text as well as cell and standard phone. Every day, at least twice, they reached out both to deliver the weather as well as a general check in. Additionally, the butlers always did a swing through to pool to make sure that their guests were well taken care of. There is very good coffee in the rooms now, so I didn't bother with asking about the daily french press.

Pool: OK, so this is one of my favorite pools in the SPG system for its balance of design, privacy, wildlife (iguanas), and view. It's just a nice place to be. Are there sometimes a few too many little kids for older couples and honeymooners who want privacy? During school breaks, certainly. The beach, though, has plenty of quiet spots, if that is what is prescribed. There are often kid related activities throughout the day in the surrounding areas (generally away from the pool). There is a new pool over by the golf club/Molassses that I think hotel guests can use, which is much more adult themed (clothing is required, I think). It reminded me of South Beach as it is less tropical and more chic. There is an adult only section, where the views of the water are spectacular. There is a large and cool waterfall at the kid’s level that was cool, but I think the waterfall would create an overwhelming din if you were there for too long. There are cabanas there, including a couple built higher up for the VIP group.

Pool bar: Yes, this is a separate topic. Like at many very high end resorts, the drinks are tasty and very expensive. I may or may not have brought some of my own beverages to help alleviate the cost. If the staff had a problem with it, they never said so. We did order lunch and other drinks throughout the day though, so the staff was well compensated for their time. I feel like the drinks my have been more $ the last time I was here, but I'm not certain of that fact. They were still $16+.

Restaurants:Seagrapes is the pool area restaurant that, while we were there, served both lunch and dinner (I think that it is not always open for dinner). It is the most casual of the offerings at the resort (depending on what you choose to wear for room service, of course). Other than on Taco Tuesdays, the dining is still pretty high-end. I had a rock lobster dish that was $35, but was really, really excellent. I believe management expanded this kitchen in order to improve quality and delivery time. From the last time we were at the resort, the entire offering was drastically improved. At times the lunch service, even to the poolside chairs, was surprisingly quick. The lunch fare was very good (roasted chicken wings were a daily intake) and the staff was 100% on board with food allergies and made whatever adjustments were necessary to the dishes without blinking an eye. They had a series of off-meny items that other guests had requested previously. It was obvious that the staff was well trained. I know this has been a complaint in other reviews, but I had none.

Fern: This is the Jean Georges restaurant above the main lobby, where breakfast and the more formal dinner offering is served. For breakfast, we had $32 in credit as the platinum amenity and my son was on the SPG kids plan ($55/day). We had to pay full freight for my older daughter's meal, but the breakfast and service were excellent. There was a conference during a good part of my stay, so I think that contributed to the number of open tables for breakfast. However, if I added up the cost of the meals without the credits, it would have been close to $90/day for four, including gratuity. It is possible that many guests just skipped breakfast (I know that I would) due to the expense of it. For dinner, although it is supposedly a more formal and higher-end offering, I didn't find it any more expensive than the other dining options. If I had to do it over again, I would have eaten at Fern more often as my meals were excellent. I stayed away early in my trip as I thought I was being thriftier by eating elsewhere, but since everything is expensive, that was a faulty assumption on my part. Note: if you insist on drinking American or French wines, be prepared to pay at least 4x retail. There was a bottle of Meomi Pinot Noir that retails for $14 at Costco for $68 on the menu. This is not a criticism, necessarily, since I can’t be sure they can obtain it for $14 in PR, but just a value observation. It's just how I roll.

Molasses: We ate here a bunch. Service was good and the food reviews from our table (there was another family with us) were generally very positive. The dishes  were interesting and creatively prepared, but I would say they mostly fell below what one might expect in the States at the same price point. As an example, I ordered the pork bellies twice and both times they were more tough than tender. In general, whenever shredded pork was involved, I was very pleased.

Golf course: Beautiful. Very, very challenging. Bring lots of golf balls, if you are prone

Room: While there hasn’t been a shortage of positive comments about the rooms (even the standard rooms have the stunning shower and bathroom setup), the rooms continue to be a highlight of the resort. Since I was here in 2013, the resort has cleared some of the obstructions i.e. trees, so that more rooms have at least a peek at the ocean and the pool. The only rooms with limited views are the first floor rooms in building 6 and 8 and probably 9 (I’ve never been over to building 3 and 1,2 have a golf course view). The views from the first floor of 10, 11, 12 are great, since there is no railing to obstruct the view of the water (though I think others argued that the first floor lacks privacy). Since the rooms don’t have screen doors, there wasn’t the benefit of leaving the door open to hear the surf at night on any floor. The humidity would probably make screens less useful anyway as would the number of repairs caused by people walking through the screens. I had two engineering issues while I was there: 1. Light switch wouldn’t turn off the entryway light (I had to unscrew the bulbs late one evening). 2. Shower drain wouldn’t drain. Both times the engineer showed up in less than 5 minutes and solved the problems as quickly as possible. Yes, as has been reported the HVAC is louder than many luxury hotels. I didn't really notice. Daily maid service and turndown service was remarkably consistent and helpful.

Other: Yes, the resort fee plus parking is annoying. As a platinum, you get $32 back on breakfast, but that still makes the amount pretty high. Unlike the last time I was here, when I did a bunch of traveling around, I should have skipped the rental car altogether. It would have saved me a bundle as I ate all but one meal at the resort. We did one night at the Kioskos #2. My meal was really good, but not everyone at my table had the same experience. Plus, it was the same price as the hotel restaurants.

As an East Coast US resident, this is clearly the top resort in the system for my family (as well as the other that traveled with us). This would include convenience of travel, so HI and other INTL destinations are out. I assume that for a couple the W Vieques might serve a better solution, but I haven’t been there (only going on reviews).

Week at St Regis Bahia Beach

Would you like to write a review on the The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA: Former CK (LT PLT), MB: PE (LT Gold)
Great trip ...

Spent 3 nights there (mixture of all points and cash/points).
SNA'd to a building #4 - 1BR suite (ocean view) right next to the plantation house.

Pros:
- All of the dining experiences were great.
- Spa facility is top notch.
- The boathouse has tons to offer (part of resort fee): bicycle rental, stand up paddle board, kayaking and even an "on the water" structure that is part bouncy castle, part trampoline and part slide. While aimed at kids, a bunch of adults had plenty of fun on it (myself included).
- Butler service (first timer here): Didn't know what to expect and didn't use it all that much but I was surprised to see my butler all over the resort checking up on me. Waiting for drinks at the lobby, at the pool deck, on the beach, etc. Overall, a nice to have but I am plenty fine unpacking and packing for myself. My butler also had great dining reco's for around the resort and in Old San Juan as well (our next destination).
- Service: everyone was genuinely nice/considerate all over the resort.
- The F&B director also hosts the sabre event every night and is around Fern during dinner time. Very animated guy and clearly knows is vino (at all price points).
- Umbrellas everywhere! In front of each room door, at the entrance of every building. Comes in super handy for the occasional shower.

Cons (and these are borderline petty):
- The could use an kid-free pool (or at least a certain portion of the pool deck (when you see the layout, you'll understand).
- A higher rate of billing discrepancies than any other hotel experience. They were happy to remove charges quickly but that's not the point.
- Shuttles and golf carts to get you around the resort can get spotty during peak hours.

As this was a mixture of points and cash/points, hard to complain about the stay. I was very happy with it and will consider taking the kids along next time as it does offer enough for older kids who can keep busy on their own. About to shoot a note over the the GM complimenting the property and select staff. Whatever woes this property had early on, I think most of it has been ironed out over the years.

Oh ... and shout out to the early posters about hitting up Ralph's to load up on snacks and drinks. A $60 purchase there lasted us the 3 days. Also, Verde is not to be missed. It's literally a take out place on a main road but the food was ridiculously good.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, UA Platinum
Stellar resort in Puerto Rico for 4th of July Weekend

Map| 6 Reviews | 83% Recommended

State Road 187 Rio Grande, Puerto Rico PR 00745

Stellar resort in Puerto Rico for 4th of July Weekend (5 Photos)

This property lives up to the expectation of the many wonderful online reviews we read before we booked our trip. In short, the service was impeccable, the resort well-managed, and the property as luxurious as it can get on an island paradise. We simply cannot wait to come back for our next tropical vacation.

Pool pic.jpg

From the moment our cab drove into the lobby ($68 + tolls & tips), we were warmly greeted by Edwin, the bell captain. Check-in at the counter came along with a rum punch, which was a pleasant surprise for both me and my girlfriend. Although the room was not ready yet, we were told that we'd been upgraded to an oceanfront view room (one of us has SPG platinum status which probably helped), which was right next to the plantation house. We definitely recommend asking for one of the rooms (we were in building 5) near the plantation house, as the entire property is a sprawling 400+ acres and most of the amenities, including the beautiful swimming pool, are around the plantation house. 

Lounge pic.jpg

The oceanfront room was absolutely gorgeous, and for New Yorkers like us, the bathroom alone was larger than most of the studios we can find in the city. The bathroom came with a luxurious bathtub that fit the two of us, with a separate spacious area that comes equipped with a rainforest shower. The room also came along with a balcony facing the beach along with a very comfortable couch. We thought the additional turndown service at night was an extremely nice touch, especially since we used the room pretty often during the day after our activities on the beach.

room pic.jpg

Speaking of activities, the resort has a golf course, tennis courts, a boathouse for water sports, and plenty of other cool features which we did not get to explore. We mostly spent our time at the beach, but the place definitely had plenty to do for hotel guests who are interested in other activities. Furthermore, wifi was available across the entire resort (even on the beach!!), so for those of us who like to snapchat on the beach, fret not, your friends on social media will know of the good time you're having ;) 

beach pic.jpg

One of our favorite features was the St. Regis butler service, which we never thought we would utilize but somehow ended up depending on quite a bit. 10 mins after we checked-in, Gabriel the friendly butler greeted us at the door, and kindly told us about the butler services, including that they could iron two pieces of clothing for free. More importantly, he also gave us a phone number for the service that we could text for requests. I think one of the biggest impediments to hotel service is that you have to usually be in your room to call the front desk, but with the additional texting feature, service is truly accessible anywhere on the property - so kudos to hotel management for instituting that. For example, when we were on the beach, we realized that our GoPro had ran out of battery and I did not bring my charger on the trip. We texted the butler service in hopes that they might have a charger, and sure enough Glenda replied and picked up our GoPro and charged our camera for us. Within hours, she brought our GoPro back to the beach and we had an absolutely splendid time recording some of our gymnastic tricks in the waters, which was really cool - so thanks Glenda for the awesome assist!

plantation pic.jpg

Food options are pretty limited, as some of the other reviews would attest to, but they're wonderful nevertheless. Service at the restaurants was as good as it is in other parts of the hotel. Jeff Holthaus, who must be the pool/beach/restaurant manager, was an ever-friendly presence around the area. To be honest I'm not sure what his position is, but he was serving food at the Seagrapes restaurant, then serving drinks on the beach and the pool, and was also at the champagne sabering part of the evening on the front lawn. We're not sure how he can be at so many place all the time, but every time we passed him by, he was just such a friendly face and greeted us warmly each time, if only to briefly chat with us about our time at the resort. Five star service, five star personalities everywhere at this resort. Truly amazing time. 

Additional notes for those who are SPG elite members: we booked this room with SPG points (35,000 points a night) a couple of months ahead of time. As an SPG platinum member, we had 3 amenities to choose from at check in (choose 2 of 3): 1) $32 worth of breakfast at Fern restaurant each morning, 2) $10 credit a night, or 3) 500 SPG points a night. We were also upgraded to an ocean front view room, which was just one level below suites, despite booking with points rather than a paid rate, and this was during a busy 4th of July long holiday weekend. 4pm late checkout was not a feature, as I guess this is technically a resort. All in all, I thought it was decent recognition for SPG members, but even if you weren't, the service was impeccable. Truly hoping that with the impending Marriott ownership the SPG perks will be kept alive. #StarwoodProud

Stellar resort in Puerto Rico for 4th of July Weekend

Would you like to write a review on the The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
We spent 5 nights at Bahia Beach in August. Lots of "repeat sentiments" - the bathroom is huge (esp. for ex-NYCers), staff is attentive & friendly.

Jossell (head concierge) may have been the BEST hotel concierge we've ever worked with -- after a few minutes of conversation, he offered several spot-on suggestions for activities & restaurants throughout the Island.

The one negative of our trip was that, the afternoon before we left, my wife rolled a bathing suit up in a towel (to expedite its drying before we packed); at turndown that night, though, the staff took the towel away (without unrolling it) and with it her new bathing suit. We realized this when we woke up at 6:30am the next day - at which point a call to butler service revealed that the laundry was already off site. So, we headed home without the suit.

On Wednesday, however, we returned home to a FedEx door tag on the front door, for a "signature required" delivery. When we finally got the package on Friday, it contained the missing suit -- wrapped in the fancy St. Regis tissue paper!

The lack of updates had been a bit disappointing -- but clearly they had NOT forgotten to follow up on it.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Nice stay

We just returned from a 4 night Travelzoo voucher stay.
Check in was warm and friendly with complimentary rum drink.

I would reiterate that the room (we were in St.Regis Suite) was fabulous.
Large and with all the amenities. Bed was pretty nice, pillows were a little sub-par for St. Regis. Nice patio with a view of the ocean.

The food---fabulous. Yes, it is a little pricey but not shockingly so. We had a fabulous dinner at Fern, appetizers at the bar, and some lunches at Seagrapes.
They had Poke at Seagrapes so we were very happy! Obviously the emphasis is on seafood and everything we had was expertly prepared. Servers in all venues were noteworthy for their knowledge of the dishes, preparation and ingredients. That was impressive and helped guide us in our selections.
The champagne sabering at 6 PM every evening was very nice. You could sit on the veranda outside the St. Regis bar and light snacks (chips and nuts) were complimentary.

Plusses:
The room-spectacular, especially the bathroom. Nice touches such as charging dock, proper wine glasses, nice toiletries, ample towels, plenty of bottled water. Nicely done rooms with automatic lights when you open closets.
Huge appreciation for the service button put on your umbrella while on the beach--simply press the button if you need anything.
Nightly turn-down was excellent with small sweets left on the pillow and music softly playing.

Minor nitpicks:
Asked butler at check-in for regular coffee (not de-caf) pots for Illy coffee maker. Did not arrive and we had to call and ask.
This was not such an easy task. All the buttons (Room Service, Butler, etc) on the phone did not work. After fussing around for several minutes I eventually dialed "0" and was told that "oh yes, the buttons on the phone don't work". So the solution is that you dial "0" for any request. It would have helped if the butler told us this or if there was a small note by the phone stating that the buttons did not work. Especially since none of the room service menus or paperwork in the room had extensions that could be dialed for assistance.
I would have appreciated the sugar and creamer being replenished on a consistent basis. Sugar was not refilled for a couple days and creamer was anywhere from 3-6 packets daily. And no--I do not want to have to keep calling the darn butler!

Another minor beef---there was a housekeeping cart outside our door for the entire stay. If I had been paying full boat I would not expect that for $1100+ per night.
Patio did not appear to be serviced/cleaned during our stay. Paper coffee cups not picked up, chairs not moved back and table not cleaned off. We had to wipe the bird droppings off the table and wear shoes/sandals to avoid getting filthy feet.

All in all--we had a lovely stay and it is a nice property with lovely beach and delicious food. But---would definitely not pay full price. Hard product is great but some minor service glitches that I would not expect for a St. Regis.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by AA_ORDlady
We just returned from a 4 night Travelzoo voucher stay.
Did they recognize your status and were you provided any SPG benefits on the TZOO voucher?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:57 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Booked for mid-Feb 2017 on a great SPG non-refundable rate. Looking forward to this stay!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by thestallion123
Did they recognize your status and were you provided any SPG benefits on the TZOO voucher?
I'm not the OP that you're asking, but my husband and I were just there in November on the Travelzoo voucher and I got all of my platinum amenities. I was able to choose two of the three offered: 500 points, free continental breakfast for both of us each day (which was actually a credit at Fern...up to the amount of continental breakfast and most other options were only a dollar or two more...but I personally loved the continental!), or $10 food and beverage credit per day. We also got stay credit and points for the f/b we charged to the room. The travelzoo voucher also waived the $75 daily resort fee so it was a pretty amazing deal.

We had a great time--i'm sure they don't "have" to honor platinum amenities for a third party booking like that but the fact they did was another feather in their cap.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Help...St Regis Bahia issue

we are at the St Regis Bahia...great resort.
We got in yesterday afternoon and got a St Regis suite.
This comes with two full bathrooms. My dad is joining us tomorrow so we only really checked the second bathroom today to discover it had no shower. Our butler insisted that there was one and finally agreed once he verified it.
Now, I contacted the front desk and informed them of this and asked to talk with the manager once she is free. currently I've only spoken to one of the concierge on this and she said she will get back to me.
what should I do next? The suite should come with two full baths as per the web description. Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Is there a bathtub in the second room? If so, I think arguing the definition of a "full" bathroom would be difficult. But you are at a StR. You should call the front desk and see what they can do for you, which is what it sounds like you have done. Next.. wait for an answer I guess.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:10 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Starwood Forum. There is a thread which discusses this resort and may be helpful. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...thread-23.html
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.