Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by RASEWR
we just got back from an amazing stay. They can bring someone onsite to do the test (email for pricing - not cheap but reasonable IMO). Results were back in about 12 hours.
download the swan app https://instagram.com/shopwithswan?utm_medium=copy_link

for at home pcr test
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
What’s the alternative, does DXB require a negative PCR to exit?
no they don’t but you they won’t let you board if your destination requires a test
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:27 am

I've been eyeing this property for a while now, can't really justify the cash rates and was thinking of doing a points redemption.

One thing that I noticed was that cash rates mention it being full board with 2 selected activities, while award rates have no mention of this.
I recalled in the past there was a brief time when award stays had some of these inclusions removed, but IIRC they were added back?

Reading a few of the recent posts, seems like everything is still included when booking an award stay, but I'd just like to double check, since Marriott website makes no mention of these...
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:32 am

Our stay last month was full board. It was absolutely amazing, and a great value for the points.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
I've been eyeing this property for a while now, can't really justify the cash rates and was thinking of doing a points redemption.

One thing that I noticed was that cash rates mention it being full board with 2 selected activities, while award rates have no mention of this.
I recalled in the past there was a brief time when award stays had some of these inclusions removed, but IIRC they were added back?

Reading a few of the recent posts, seems like everything is still included when booking an award stay, but I'd just like to double check, since Marriott website makes no mention of these...
award stays still full board
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:10 pm

I booked an award redemption for 5 nights total. The website was showing 340,000 total (85,000 per night) but after booking it, the details showed 400,000 total (100,000 per night). Not sure if it's a website/system glitch but I tried calling Marriot customer support and they could see that it is 400,000 online. I also emailed Al Maha but they can't do anything about it.
Going back to the booking calendar, it is showing up 400,000 right now so it is odd that it was showing cheaper. Even when finalizing my booking it showed that it costed 340,000 points + 100 AED on the page. Luckily that page was still up when I was checking the details and noticed the discrepancy so I took a screenshot of it. Unfortunately Marriott rep said there was no way I can send that in for them to investigate. Have anyone encountered this issue or know who to talk to?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Enishi
I booked an award redemption for 5 nights total. The website was showing 340,000 total (85,000 per night) but after booking it, the details showed 400,000 total (100,000 per night). Not sure if it's a website/system glitch but I tried calling Marriot customer support and they could see that it is 400,000 online. I also emailed Al Maha but they can't do anything about it.
Going back to the booking calendar, it is showing up 400,000 right now so it is odd that it was showing cheaper. Even when finalizing my booking it showed that it costed 340,000 points + 100 AED on the page. Luckily that page was still up when I was checking the details and noticed the discrepancy so I took a screenshot of it. Unfortunately Marriott rep said there was no way I can send that in for them to investigate. Have anyone encountered this issue or know who to talk to?
just cancel it. 5 nights is way too long here.

1-2 nights is way more than enough. 3 max max max but it’s too much. I go there at least 3-4 times a year but always for one night at a time.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Ramiraw
just cancel it. 5 nights is way too long here.

1-2 nights is way more than enough. 3 max max max but it’s too much. I go there at least 3-4 times a year but always for one night at a time.
I disagree. Each person’s needs and benefits are different. We did five nights to just disconnect, relax, etc. and it was great. Would have been equally enjoyable with four nights, but I didn’t think five was too long. The fifth night free on award stays makes it better.

For some, 1-2 nights is good. I can see why this is recommended sometimes. There isn’t one size fits all answer here. It really depends on what you want to get out of the stay.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:32 am

On the subject of a 5 night stay, is there any activities worth repeating when you’ve worked your way through those worth doing?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:02 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I did the sunset champagne thing twice.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by TBD
I did the sunset champagne thing twice.
we did that a couple of times. It was a nice way to get out and the views were great.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:54 pm

I'm planning on heading straight to the Al Maha after arriving in Dubai, but the problem is that my flight lands at 03:00...

Assuming I get out of the airport by around 05:00, I'm trying to decide whether I should get a hotel near the airport for a few hours before Al Maha checkin so I have somewhere to stay.

Has anyone arrived very early at the Al Maha? I of course do not expect to be able to check-in to my room, but was wondering if there were some places I could just "chill" for a few hours till my room is ready.

I was about to contact the hotel directly, but I thought I'd check to see anyone has any experiences first.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:59 pm

I'm planning on heading straight to the Al Maha after arriving in Dubai, but the problem is that my flight lands at 03:00...

Assuming I get out of the airport by around 05:00, I'm trying to decide whether I should get a hotel near the airport for a few hours before Al Maha checkin so I have somewhere to stay.

Has anyone arrived very early at the Al Maha? I of course do not expect to be able to check-in to my room, but was wondering if there were some places I could just "chill" for a few hours till my room is ready.

I was about to contact the hotel directly, but I thought I'd check to see anyone has any experiences first.
If you have elite status, it's worth contacting them and explaining your situation. They are very accommodating in general. If they're not at capacity, they might have a room available.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by randomdude
If you have elite status, it's worth contacting them and explaining your situation. They are very accommodating in general. If they're not at capacity, they might have a room available.
I was under the impression elite status didn't mean much at this property, I do have Titanium.

I'll definitely reach out to the hotel, but wanted to first check here on FT, in case there's not much they can do to accommodate. I'd rather not put someone in a tough spot having to refuse my requests.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I was under the impression elite status didn't mean much at this property, I do have Titanium.

I'll definitely reach out to the hotel, but wanted to first check here on FT, in case there's not much they can do to accommodate. I'd rather not put someone in a tough spot having to refuse my requests.
I don’t know about early check in, but I couldn’t get late checkout. I was invited to go and hang out at the pool by the spa and shower there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.