Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Worth to point out this is in the comment section of the freshly published OMAAT blog about how Marriott has made Al Mah to honor the all inclusive. Yet, both Marriott and Al Maha told this poster the opposite!

Until we get the Rate Details updated, I would not be so blindly trusted the bloggers - because, wasn't it just a few months ago a senior VP told a blogger (the very same blogger Gary Leff) about the elite status changes or no changes... Guess the rest is history that Marriott totally rescind what that exec has said...

Those who have upcoming stays and their bookings are made before the final migration, they should email the property and get a written confirmation on the full boards and activities.
Those who may reconsider to book, go ahead to make the bookings far out and then wait for confirmation from the actual source before counting the chicken or the egg.
Exactly! I emailed the property directly and am hoping to get written confirmation.

Mariott had ZERO idea about any of this. They said they knew it was an issue but they have no solution/answer in place. It was actually pretty impressive how little they know.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
I trust those well known blogs are reliable, however, none of them are actual Marriott source.
TPG might as well be. I don't think this will be an issue.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by dval44
Exactly! I emailed the property directly and am hoping to get written confirmation.

Mariott had ZERO idea about any of this. They said they knew it was an issue but they have no solution/answer in place. It was actually pretty impressive how little they know.
Email just received from Hotel... Not good new i'm afraid...

------------
Dear Mr. X,

Greetings from Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa!

Further to your enquiry, Please be informed that The booking on points redemption it will be on Room Only Basis .
Therefore ,Meals and activity will be charged in addition.

Should you need any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Kerolos
RESERVATIONS AGENT
--------------
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:09 am

Gary from VFTW did respond to my awardtravel reddit post regarding the switch back to all inclusive at Al Maha.
The Marriott VP who spearheaded looking into this for me and provided the update also told me he didn't yet know when the website would update -- just that agreement had been reached with the property to go back to including meals and activities on redemption stays on the same terms as are provided with paid bookings.
I would hold off on contacting the property for a week or two. Marriott has been fairly dysfunctional lately so the change likely won’t be instant.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:34 am

I was just looking at award reservations at Al Maha and under rate details you find
  • FULL BOARD REDEMPTION STAY
  • Include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and 02 selected desert
  • activities for 02 Adults. Any other incidentals are to be paid
  • directly at property
It looks like the update to all-inclusive room rates is complete. I'm not sure if they will automatically update existing reservations so it might be worth looking into your reservation
3rdworldresident and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lobonomnom
.....It looks like the update to all-inclusive room rates is complete. I'm not sure if they will automatically update existing reservations so it might be worth looking into your reservation
Great news. ^ Finally an official confirmation from Marriott. ^ Kudos to Marriott for doing the right thing.

My existing reservation was changed automatically. Marriott probably just modified Redemption Rate Plan so that all bookings, existing and future, are changed.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
My Points Advance booking was also updated to Full Board Redemption Stay. Hooray!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: SPG, HH, UAMP, AEPL, DC
My reservation for February has also automatically updated to Full Board, and shows the point redemption amount for the stay rather than the "placeholder" rate which showed previously. So kudos to Marriott and the hotel for doing the right thing here!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:07 am

Marriott comes through....

My online booking in Feb now reflects full board too.

2 days ago showed room only.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lobonomnom
I was just looking at award reservations at Al Maha and under rate details you find

It looks like the update to all-inclusive room rates is complete. I'm not sure if they will automatically update existing reservations so it might be worth looking into your reservation
That would also be my guess also.

Originally Posted by TerryK
Great news. ^ Finally an official confirmation from Marriott. ^ Kudos to Marriott for doing the right thing.

My existing reservation was changed automatically. Marriott probably just modified Redemption Rate Plan so that all bookings, existing and future, are changed.
Originally Posted by GlobalPartycrasher
My reservation for February has also automatically updated to Full Board, and shows the point redemption amount for the stay rather than the "placeholder" rate which showed previously. So kudos to Marriott and the hotel for doing the right thing here!
It is about time we have some good news coming from Marriott after the mess we have (and seem to continue) endured since August!

Now people would hope for St. Regis Maldives would release standard room or at least allow upgraded room with more points... That is another grief for many members.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by dval44
Anyone on here charged the 66k rate and have luck switching it back down to the 60k rate? Every agent I've talked to is completely baffled/unhelpful. "I guess that's just how it is" is what the last one told me. Thanks.
The rate should be 60k. You should get 6k back. Ask them what the rate would be for a new booking. If they come back with 60k, ask why you were charged 66k and ask for the difference. Alternatively, rebook and then cancel.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:47 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Just checked my reservation and it was updated...
  • FULL BOARD REDEMPTION STAY
  • Include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and 02 selected desert
  • activities for 02 Adults. Any other incidentals are to be paid
  • directly at property
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:52 pm

Couple quick questions I have not found answers too. Thanks for any help!

The website shows “Please note-This hotel welcomes children above the age of 10 years only / A tourism fee of AED 20 per bedroom per night is charged”. Does this mean 10 years +1 day or 11 years and up (as I see most websites indicate).

Do they allow 2 adults 1 child in the Points rooms? I tried to make a reservation and it indicated that was not allowed. Though the room description does say up to one roll-away allowed. Can’t see why two people would need a rollaway.

Are free night certificates allowed at this resort.

Thanks
TD
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: SPG platinum, HHonors Diamond
Are the two desert activities per day or per reservation?

Anybody know? Much appreciated!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:38 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by RebeccaC
Anybody know? Much appreciated!
Per night and you can do more than 2 activities on a single day and less on the previous/next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.