Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Siray Bay, Phuket, Thailand (Rebranding to an RC in 2025)[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Siray Bay, Phuket, Thailand (Rebranding to an RC in 2025)[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP

Now does that reflect badly on their professionalism or positively on their humanity I wonder?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Isn't it a joy when a hotel decides to break free from the carefully cultivated corporate communications guidelines and posts this on its official Facebook page.
I can't see a picture. What am I missing?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by remymartin
I can't see a picture. What am I missing?
The word this is higlighted as a link on the original post.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:09 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Congratulations to Janet McNab, the new General Manager of South Thailand and the Westin Siray Bay.

press release
http://www.hospitalitynet.org/staffm.../79005201.html
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Fizzer
The word this is higlighted as a link on the original post.
The picture has since either been removed, or I don't have access to it. So what was this about?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by remymartin
The picture has since either been removed, or I don't have access to it. So what was this about?
It was a picture of a cat with its paw on its head and it said something like, "Aw Sh#t, it's Monday." I made the mistake of opening it at work...
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
She's cute.. I'll miss Sean though.. he was fantastic.. I think in the end he had enough with the Phuket BS.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 4:07 am

Sean? Sean was replaced with the German GM who's name I can't remember over a year ago.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 5:53 am

That would be Mr. Thomas Müller.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:13 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
2200++ until end of september... DALY50

Code:
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Last chance! Save 45% on our best available rates for stays in September. Rates starting from THB2,200+++ only for a Superior sea view room plus free Wi-Fi.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: Free Agent
If this weren’t a weekend (read below), I found this to be a solid Westin in Phuket about 45 minutes from the airport, and 15 minutes from Phuket Town. Prior to arrival, I arranged to have a Toyota Camry pick me up for 1200THB. A “taxi” back to the airport was 800THB. Oddly enough, the hotel refused to book the transfer via phone; they insisted that it be handled via email. Unlike other airport pickup services, the staff member waits outside the airport terminal, not outside of baggage claim. Check-in was a breeze. I was given an iced drink and cold towel while I was being processed.

I was in a Sala Pool Villa, with a smaller and shallower pool (with two Jacuzzi jets) that I was expecting. It’s pretty much for lounging around. There are a lot of windows in the Villa that makes you feel like people passing by can look into your room, but in reality, unless they walk up to your door, they won’t see anything. If you want to get the most privacy, a corner room (3007) is your best bet. The Sala Pools are also a fairly easy walk to the lobby.

Breakfast is pretty epic and is typical of a massive Asian buffet. Food quality was good. I tried a buffet dinner at Prego one night, and it was barely adequate. The servers were really stingy with the carved meat (one slice at a time), and all the desserts were the worst I’ve seen and tasted! Service was lacking too. I saw lots of servers in red shirts running around, but none of that translated into service.

WiFi speed was fast, and I had no complaints. The gym is blessedly cool, in comparison with other SE Asia properties that leave their gyms warm and humid.

The deal breaker for me is a car loudspeaker competition of all things at a bar area that’s held on Saturday and Sunday nights about a mile down the beach. Not only is it content to deafen people at the event, but it also strives to BLAST music for miles around! You can clearly hear the thumping bass and lyrics from all over the resort, and it literally went all night long. It was still going strong when I checked out at 8am! It’s pretty ridiculous, and I’m surprised nobody has complained about this in any other reviews. The manager was very understanding, and let me check out early without any penalties.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've been following this thread for some time now and finally found some time to take a trip to visit this property next month in May; managed to lock in a rate of 2900THB per night via BRG.

I'll be sure to followup with any observations post sojourn!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:39 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I visited this property again this week. It's miles from anywhere, but once on the resort, all is forgotten. Even though they are on the East side of Phuket, they face the water to the west, which means great sunset views over the water.

Many know that Janet, the GM came from the Four Points in Bangkok. She's always been great to guests. Speaking to the staff this week, they love her too.

What many people may not be aware of is that Stefano has also followed her from the Four Points and is now the new Hotel Manager (2ic). Janet and Stefano together again should be unstoppable, a great team. Good for the owners; Just as good for the customers.

Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
She's cute.. I'll miss Sean though.. he was fantastic.. I think in the end he had enough with the Phuket BS.
Sean is now at the Four Points in Perth.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:22 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa

Map| 7 Reviews | 14% Recommended

21/4 Moo 1 A.Muang Ratsada, TH 83000

The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa (0 Photo)

Sorry, I have to disagree. We stayed for our 4th occasion in February. We always book the One Bedroom Sala Pool Villa and stay for 7 - 10 days.

The property is ageing extremely quickly and the build quality is atrocious. The private pool was murky and engineering came to add chlorine and said it would be fixed within 15 mins. My husband realised that the small tiles of the pool were disintegrating and the dirty water was a product of the tiles and whatever they were cemented with falling apart.

I rang front desk on day 2 as the reason we stay is the private pool and the beach is unswimmable. The duty manager offered to move us the next day to a two story pool villa, one we were upgraded to last time. He said the guest was checking out the next day. Come the next day he rings us, apologises and makes up a story that the guest had a different reservation under the same name. It would have washed except this room is directly next to Prego moon deck and we saw new guests arriving with their luggage into this room the next day.

We decided to check out, and at this point he was able to secure another villa. Interestingly rather than small brown and grey tiles, this villa had large blue tiles. Perhaps they are fixing them one by one.

Other negatives: The limo at the airport was 30 mins late. Not the best welcome. Breakfast is uninspiring. We asked for extra lemonades, cokes and apple juices for the mini bar. These were delivered by room service, and I was presented for a bill of $70. I made it very clear we wanted extra mini bar items, not fresh apple juice.

Positives: The Platinum drinks at Prego remains the best club experience in whole whole Starwood network. SPG 50 is great here. My husband misplaced a credit card. The 24 hour replacement doesn't apply in Thailand, however the assistant manager did an amazing job calling DHL on our behalf and hand delivering the package as soon as it arrived.

Overall this property was brilliant when it opened, but it is literally falling apart. We have chosen not to return and explore other destinations.

Would you like to write a review on the The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.