Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:41 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
The hotel has 202 total rooms...and only 18 total suites. It’s likely that less than half of those 18 suites count as standard suites eligible for the Platinum upgrade pool. But I’m sure the Aloft will be more generous...with maybe a suite or two at most?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I just got this e-mail from the hotel's business travel sales manager:

Good evening!

Thank you so much for your loyalty! I have exciting news to share with you!

Le Meridien Philadelphia is expected to complete a full revitalization as of April 1, 2018 and we would love to invite you to experience the changes!

Already offering a brand new refreshed lobby and aMuse Restaurant and Lounge, newly renovated guestrooms will be available to experience starting as early as January, with all 202 guestrooms to be complete by April 1! Please email me directly to request an experience in our one of our refreshed rooms.

We are running triple points promotion for (she had a copy and paste error and mentioned another company that I don't work for) through March 31 and featuring (the company I actually work for) as Company of the Quarter!

Through March 31st, please enjoy:
- Triple SPG Points
- 20% discount in aMuse restaurant and lounge (not valid on room service)
- Featured specialty cocktail "Murder by Numbers", in honor of (my company), available at aMuse lounge (please feel free to share your feedback with me)

Please feel free to forward this information to anyone you feel would benefit and share any feedback with me. Please let me know if we can do anything to make your experiences better while with us.

Thank you so much!

--

(redacted)
BUSINESS TRAVEL SALES MANAGER
Le Méridien Philadelphia
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Any recent reports on what the Plat breakfast looks like here? I saw a post back from 2015 a few pages back which said free continental breakfast or $16 credit per person. Curious if 1) that's still the case, and 2) how far does $16 take you in their restaurant?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Any recent reports on what the Plat breakfast looks like here? I saw a post back from 2015 a few pages back which said free continental breakfast or $16 credit per person. Curious if 1) that's still the case, and 2) how far does $16 take you in their restaurant?
Im here now and server said it includes the classic breakfast which is 13/person. Include eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes toast and coffee/tea.

Didn’t inquire about a credit, but 16 would pay for half the breakfast menu, but the most expensive breakfast item is steak and frites for 20
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Im here now
Just curious but did you get an upgrade as a Platinum? I'm asking due to my past experiences there of point blank being lied to about the availability of upgrades and because I need to decide where to stay for an upcoming trip in August/September.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by christianj
Just curious but did you get an upgrade as a Platinum? I'm asking due to my past experiences there of point blank being lied to about the availability of upgrades and because I need to decide where to stay for an upcoming trip in August/September.
it is possible - I have gotten one of the small suites there a couple times. but frankly it's such a nice property & better than most others in Philly (and also smaller), IME it sells out quite early and often
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
it is possible - I have gotten one of the small suites there a couple times. but frankly it's such a nice property & better than most others in Philly (and also smaller), IME it sells out quite early and often
I do NOT disagree with you on the property but my point is that they have not (at least in my numerous experiences there) honored the SPG program upgrade rules and I have been lied to about it on more than one occasion. I realize it sells out and if it is "sold out" then I wouldn't have taken issue with not getting an upgrade beyond the rooms I booked during my stays. I will even go as far as to say that if I am only in town for one night I certainly don't need a suite upgrade BUT it's the fact that they lie and game the system (at least in my experience) that has got me questioning if I ever want to stay there again.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by christianj
My first ever stay a few years ago I got a suite on arrival.

I went there Saturday night and quite frankly, it was a zoo at check in. I checked in at 530 and saw a bunch of people yelling at the manager about room availability. There was a wedding going on there. They didn’t have a room ready for me and I had to wait another 30 mins. Then the room they gave me was still being cleaned, so I took the only room available - two double bed standard room (I was going to a concert and just wanted my room situation settled)

I have another stay in a few weeks and will report back.

Despite the awful check on, I still like the hotel as the new renovation looks great and the staff was very friendly and very apologetic about my check in experience. The layover feels so different from a cookie cutter Sheraton or Westin. Way better than the Sheraton Philly (only other SPG hotel I’ve stayed at in the area)
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
I was there a few weeks ago for a night and used SNA. Got the upgrade a few days before arrival. I had stayed at this hotel numerous times. I like the new reno. The suite was great.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Curious about a couple of things for upcoming stay:
  • B'fast situation for Platinum Elite
  • 4pm check-out for same
TIA!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
  • 4pm check-out for same
TIA!
I can't speak to Breakfast, haven't ever taken it there, but 4pm check-out is guaranteed for you and any Plat (and above) at any non-resort, non-CC property.

As it's a great legacy SPG property, don't think you will have any issues with it.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
  • 4pm check-out for same
TIA!
Breakfast is in the restaurant and it includes the restaurant’s continental breakfast special. No other choices but it’s solid and they’ve without issue substituted an item for another one
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:11 am

Have an opportunity to stay at the LM Philadelphia? DON’T!

This is the email I sent to my Ambassador. I got kind of stiff with her because she and Ambassador support both failed to respond to messages earlier in the week. The response was one sentence short of a form letter and they have kicked it to the hotel. Hotel hasn’t responded. Can’t post the chat screen caps which are spectacularly unprofessional.
—————
This is regarding the reservation referenced in the attached PDF at the Le Meridien Philadelphia. As the PDF shows, an upgrade was confirmed on 18 July. There are multiple issues, detailed below. My expectations for relief are as follows:

- A response to this message by the close of business on Wednesday, 24 July. If the content of this message cannot be substantively addressed by that time, a response indicating that you have received my email and a commitment by when I will receive a follow-up.

- Refund of all points (140,000) used for booking at the LM Philadelphia, to my account.

- Refund of 5 Suite Nights to my account.

- Acknowledgement by Marriott Bonvoy that the manner in which my wife and I were treated today is unacceptable.

I messaged the hotel directly on Monday evening to inquire about the reservation, and the fact that our confirmed suite was not longer showing on the reservation, and a standard king guest room showed instead. Multiple messages went unanswered.

Between Monday evening and Tuesday afternoon, the reservation once again reflected a suite as the room type.

Upon arriving at the LM, I attempted to utilize the $50 Bonvoy gift card that I received via email. I was informed by the front desk manager that (paraphrasing) "since transitioning from the Sheraton program two years ago, we are still integrating our systems and aren't set up to take this yet." This statement is ridiculous on its face, over and above the fact that the property refused to honor the gift card.

After check in we proceeded to our room, which to my surprise was a standard guest room. We returned to the front desk and I explained that we had a confirmed suite upgrade (per the attached email PDF). The manager proceeded to tell me that I did not have a confirmed upgrade, only a requested upgrade, but he would see what he could do. I explained that my upgrade was indeed confirmed, and showed him the confirmation email. He said that "he believed me" and that he would see what they had available. He put us in a suite on the 7th floor, which was both poorly maintained and dirty. Additionally, the room had not been de-feathered, as was requested on the reservation.

My wife and I left to get something to eat and decide what to do next, and asked for the room to be de-feathered. Upon our return, we discovered that the LM Philadelphia's idea of de-feathering is to leave four pillows on the sofa and not actually remove any of the down pillows, duvet, etc. I received a notification on the Bonvoy app that I had a chat message. Refer to the attached screenshots, chat_1.png and chat_2.png. Please pay particular attention to the content of the message I received this afternoon; it gives a very clear indication of the unprofessional and insulting attitude adopted by the LM manager.

It is after receiving that message that I booked a room at the nearby Aloft and we departed the Le Meridien. I have literally never been treated so intentionally poorly by a hospitality provider. These are not exigent circumstances, or responses to events out of anyone's control. This is blatant and willful disrespect and is completely unacceptable.

The only thing that has redeemed the Bonvoy program on this trip has been the manager at the Aloft who in the time it took us to walk from the LM had upgraded our room and talked us down from being at our wit's end.

Last edited by hhoope01; Jul 26, 2019 at 12:05 pm Reason: Removed hotel employee names per FT Rule 21.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:28 am

@ Bryan C.....Sorry but SNA upgrades are not actually CONFIRMED until you check-in and get the suite. There are multiple reports on this on FT in the past. I have been a critic of this hotel in the past because I think they try to skirt the elite program upgrade rules but I think you are mistaken in your assessment. In the end you got a suite so I am not sure what your complaint is about. Just because you did not like the suite what were they supposed to do? Kick somebody else out of an occupied suite to give you one that met your expectations? As for them not defeathering the room...that is a service laps which the hotel should acknowledge and give you some service recovery points for.

I think getting your points back for the nights you did not spend there is realistic but from your post it isn't even clear if you stayed a night there or not. if you did stay then I think you need to adjust your expectations on how many points you get back based on how many nights you actually spent at the hotel.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:32 am

Interesting.
—-

UPGRADE CONFIRMEDGood news — your Suite Night Awards™ request has been fulfilled and an upgraded room is awaiting your arrival.Here are your award details:•Reservation confirmation number: xxxxxxxx•Hotel: MD PHILADELPHIA•Stay dates: 2019-07-23 through 2019-07-28•Suite Night Award(s) requested: 5 •Suite Night Award(s) remaining in your account: 2
Now that your Suite Night Award(s) request has been confirmed, you cannot cancel it unless you cancel the entire reservation before 2 p.m. local hotel time one day before you arrive. After that time, cancellation of the reservation will result in forfeiture of all the Suite Night Award(s) applied to the entire reservation. This is in addition to any other cancellation penalties applicable to the reservation itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.