Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Just checked out after two days. Lifetime Titanium and I got an upgrade to a nice corner room with a bit of interior passage away from the hallway and associated noise. Each and every member of the front desk staff is excellent. Friendly, welcoming, always smiling, happy to help! Very good shower with very hot water and great water pressure. Unfortunately, that's where it ends. The room was not clean. Put some clothes on a shelf and when I took them off, they were covered in dust. Went to move the easy chair for a better tv view and clearly nobody had moved that chair--or cleaned behind it!--in a long time. Housekeeping never even showed up on my second day, despite two calls to the operator. Was told they had a lot of check-outs and were quite busy but when I returned at 9:30pm, they'd never come. Four square, sad lumpy little pillows on a king bed and lots of wear and tear--peeling wallpaper, stained lamp shades, wearing out furniture, etc. Mostly a beer and wine lobby bar. The bartender--who was incredibly friendly--didn't know some basic cocktails and didn't have on hand for the one he did know. Asked what he could do with gin. Answer: gin & tonic. Mind you, it's a great location if you're in town to be a tourist and the price was right. But now I know why. (Oh, and park at the Love Park Garage 1/2 block away at $22/night on weekends vs. $65+tip for valet.)
I used to stay here semi-regularly back in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and even the "upgraded" room the GM gave me wasn't impressive. The pillows suck, the rooms aren't very impressive imo and I mainly stayed due to the location.

Now I stay at the Element in Philly my new favorite hotel.

For a Le Meridien this has to be 1 of the worst ones.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by mikebor
I used to stay here semi-regularly back in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and even the "upgraded" room the GM gave me wasn't impressive. The pillows suck, the rooms aren't very impressive imo and I mainly stayed due to the location.

Now I stay at the Element in Philly my new favorite hotel.

For a Le Meridien this has to be 1 of the worst ones.
Thanks for intel! Next time, the Element.

To add insult to injury, I'm now doing battle on wifi charges I shouldn't have gotten due to my Marriott status. Addressed it when I checked out and was told it would be removed. Final bill came via email and still there. Talked to two people today and the second one said a credit on my card should show up "soon". We'll see. Not happy to be wasting my time managing their error, which you'd think would be automated not to have charged me in the first place. If status = x then wifi = free. #coding
mikebor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.