FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

dd992emo Apr 28, 2014 4:21 am

Mobile, AL

Mobile/Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel and Spa/Open for continental breakfast only on weekends.

And a pretty lame continental breakfast, at that. A few pastries, three small bowls of fruit and coffee. Guess they figure it's cheaper than giving coupons.

shawntobi Apr 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Is there list of lounges that serve drinks(ie Beer and wine) etc. or is that something we should add to this forum??

stimpy Apr 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi (Post 22774760)
Is there list of lounges that serve drinks(ie Beer and wine) etc. or is that something we should add to this forum??

Well you can start by saying that nearly every lounge outside of North America and Saudi Arabia serves free alcohol. ;)

SkiAdcock Apr 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi (Post 22774760)

From the first post:

I didn't make whether a lounge offered free booze a category because they don't in the US & Canada, and it varies internationally & not enough do to make it a separate category. I figure that can be handled in the individual properties threads.

Cheers.

iztok Apr 29, 2014 5:45 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 22775463)
From the first post:

I didn't make whether a lounge offered free booze a category because they don't in the US & Canada, and it varies internationally & not enough do to make it a separate category. I figure that can be handled in the individual properties threads.

Cheers.

Actually some US properties do. And it is listed for some already. Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection comes to mind.

ncgator Apr 29, 2014 9:23 am

update New Orleans Saint Hotel

Full breakfast buffet for 2 (nice spread with everything including salmon, fruit etc)
arrived late and left early next day so can't comment on lounge update

ncgator Apr 29, 2014 9:29 am

update New Orleans Renaissance Pere Marquette

full breakfast for 2 (full menu and buffet, can even combine as a couple of us did) Option of 750 pts/day as well if you don't use the coupons.

small room off the bar area open 24 hrs (key accessible) with waters/soda/coffee

5-7pm appetizers daily in restaurant bar though we never got back in time to see what they actually were.

SkiAdcock Apr 29, 2014 9:59 am

Originally Posted by iztok (Post 22778592)
Actually some US properties do. And it is listed for some already. Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection comes to mind.

Shrug. It was a new property & more detailed report. They may change in the future, in which case that listing will be edited down. Same with others.

Because it varies & the norm is not to offer free booze in the US & even int'ly it has changed on what is offered, I deliberately chose not to make it a separate category to report on in the exec lounge sticky, especially since most FTers are interested in what the brekkie situation is at properties.

Asking folk to provide info on breakfast status, key accessible, free i-net, & PAG is enough. Folk can check or ask in property threads or property websites re: the free booze (if any).

Getting back to that - if folk could detail when they say coupons for Golds & Plats, if the coupon is for cont'l or full & if there is an upgrade cost to full what it is. Some folk have just been saying coupons & I don't know if it's cont'l or full.

Cheers.

LKO Apr 30, 2014 12:52 am

JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
April 2014
Executive Lounge on 37th floor (entire floor) is open 24/7

Breakfast 6 AM to 10:30 AM (Sun to Thurs)
Breakfast 6 AM to 11 AM (Fri, Sat & public holidays)
Afternoon tea 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Happy hours 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Selection of beverages 6:30 to 9:00 PM
Sweet bites 9:30 PM to midnight
All day selection of hot beverages, soft drinks, juices, & water

Lounge also includes concierge desk and business center with 4 computers & printer

edited to add that the selection of beverages served (by a staff member) include alcoholic beverages, but only from 6:30 to 9:00 PM
platinum amenity is 500 points or food/drink amenity

nacho Apr 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Renaissance Malmo - stayed Apr. 25, 2014

No lounge, free brekkie 7 days a week.
Elites receive 1 drink and snack for 2 people at the bar (snack includes olive, sausages, cheese or mixed nut in a tiny tray, drink includes soda, house wine or beer).
Free internet in the entire hotel. Plat 'maybe' able to pick a better speed connection without charge. We booked 2 rooms (1 under Mr. and 1 under Mrs (Gold), Mr. Nacho is Plat and he got a letter stating that he can pick the speed he likes without charge) - hopefully other FTers can verify if it's a Plat privilege.

pwrshift May 2, 2014 12:47 pm

JW Marriott London executive lounge closed...

I've booked a week on points at London Park Lane but when I heard their lobby is under construction I thought I'd see what else was available on points for the week we are there...called the JW Grosvenor House and was told they not only have just twin beds for rooms with 2 beds, the executive lounge is closed and under renovations until late June.

As the Park Lane has a good reputation for their exec lounge I decided to stay with the original reservation.

ssafro1 May 2, 2014 2:24 pm

* Miami / Marriott Stanton South Beach / CLOSED; Cont'l brekkie in lounge on weekends; wireless throughout; 02/26/14 update

Still current as of 5/2/14

* Miami / Airport Marriott / Closed Weekends & Xmas; Lounge open for brekkie only on weekends; 12/31/13 update

Still current as of 5/3; to add that lounge is key accessible for water/sodas 5AM-10PM 7 days a week.

aaupgrade May 4, 2014 4:33 pm

1) Boston/Massachusetts/USA/Boston Marriott Newton
2) Lounge closed (didn't stay on weekend so don't know about breakfast)
3) I don't know
4) Free i-net; terminal and wireless
5) 4/14
500 pts or $10 FB credit

1) Boston/Massachusetts/USA/Boston Marriott Burlington
2) Lounge closed, full breakfast in restaurant
3) I don't know
4) Free i-net; terminal
5) 4/14 - 5/14
500 pts or $10 FB credit

paytonc May 5, 2014 10:38 am

Directed to post here from another thread about the new Washington Marriott Marquis:

The Washington Post notes that the "M Club" lounge on the 12th floor of this property will be open 24/7, with "comfortable couches, flat-screen TVs, an outdoor patio and around-the-clock booze." Food offerings include "a full breakfast, nightly hors d’oeuvres."

NWstu May 5, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm staying here right now. Changes are bolded.

* Munich / Marriott / NO LOUNGE; They offer a food buffet and comp drinks (including beer and wine) in the breakfast area of restaurant "grill 93" in the evenings Sunday-Thursday 6-8:30 pm, closed Friday and Saturday nights and bank holidays (unless event going on, then lobby/bar area) for Golds/Plats; Full breakfast in restaurant daily for Gold/Plats; free usage of biz center; 5/5/14 update