FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

Westcoaster Jul 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider (Post 28607414)
Hopefully, the security camera didn't catch you carrying back those 10 cans of Diet Pepsi.

In December 2015 while staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott in Florida (lounge closed on weekend at that time, to sort of stay on thread topic) we entered the lounge shortly after a guy carrying a cooler. When we entered the lounge he was the only one there and had just opened the case containing soft drinks. He looked at us with a guilty expression then closed the case and sat down at a table with his cooler. It was obvious he was planning on filling it up hoping no one would see. To make him sweat it out I suggested to my husband that we enjoy our soft drinks there, looking out the window and chatting. We left maybe 20 minutes later with the guy still sitting there alone with his cooler. Hope he felt uncomfortable. :)

mindrisa Jul 26, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster (Post 28607457)
In December 2015 while staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott in Florida (lounge closed on weekend at that time, to sort of stay on thread topic) we entered the lounge shortly after a guy carrying a cooler. When we entered the lounge he was the only one there and had just opened the case containing soft drinks. He looked at us with a guilty expression then closed the case and sat down at a table with his cooler. It was obvious he was planning on filling it up hoping no one would see. To make him sweat it out I suggested to my husband that we enjoy our soft drinks there, looking out the window and chatting. We left maybe 20 minutes later with the guy still sitting there alone with his cooler. Hope he felt uncomfortable. :)

I was getting sick of waiting for you two to leave...

Westcoaster Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by mindrisa (Post 28610324)
I was getting sick of waiting for you two to leave...

:D Bet you got at least 20 sodas into that big cooler.

Twickenham Jul 27, 2017 10:25 am

Just wanted to qualify the listing for:

* Toronto / Renaissance Downtown / CLOSED weekends & holidays; con'tl brekkie; $5 upcharge; no i-net terminal; Plat arrival gift of $10FB coupon or 500 pts; 07/17 update
Both the weekday lounge brekkie and the weekend restaurant brekkie are qualified as 'continental', however their definition of continental includes both eggs and bacon (as well as sausages and potatoes in the restaurant). The $5 upcharge is for the omelette station.

Xeno Jul 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by scottmlew (Post 24436851)
As of a few weeks ago, the lounge is open for breakfast on the weekends...and with hours conducive to weekend patronage...7-11 on both Sat and Sun.

The only drawback to this is that the lounge used to be open for beverages starting after the Fri AM breakfast service through the Sunday PM snack service...but it now closes Fri morning (supposedly at noon, but I've seen it close much earlier) and reopens Sun PM

I will be staying there Saturday night and must leave at 7 am for MCO so will they provide an alternative breakfast or am I just out of luck?

Edited to report that the lounge sign says Sunday breakfast 6-11.

Srisarin Aug 1, 2017 1:34 am

Renaissance Kuala Lumpur

Restaurant/lounge weekdays until 10:30
Weekends until 11:00

If you opt for West Wing where refurb now ongoing have to transit to East Wing to Lounge or breakfast restaurant in either tower

Xeno Aug 4, 2017 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 23794456)
Shanghai Marriott City Centre

Opens daily 0600-2400 - brekkie 6-10:30/11 during weekends, afternoon tea from 14:30-17:30, Cocktail 17:30- 19:30, dessert 19:30-21:30

No access when the lounge is closed

Mr and I are P and we brought in 3 kids and we weren't even checked/verified/charged.

There are no printer/computer in the lounge but if you have access to them as elites.

Wifi is free for all MR members in China.

Stayed Oct 29-Nov 2.

There is no food in the evening including the weekends? My stay in next month from Thursday to Sunday.

SkiAdcock Aug 4, 2017 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 28648924)
There is no food in the evening including the weekends? My stay in next month from Thursday to Sunday.

You obviously read incorrectly what you quoted . nacho listed all the food offering time frames & said the lounge was not accessible when it was closed (aka, it's not accessible between midnight & 6am).

Also, it's preferable if questions such as yours go in the property threads, as not everyone comes back to read other posts or respond in the sticky but do read property threads. We've had a few go off-topic recently (description of rooms for example) in the exec lounge sticky & I've asked the mod to move those posts to the property threads. I make this as a generic statement for everyone.

Cheers.

Xeno Aug 4, 2017 7:24 pm

I will accept the warning and conform going forward, but I have been posting in the dedicated thread where no one was this specific about the lounge.
Another point is that I did not know that "cocktail" hour means food as I do not drink alcohol and thus did not know how to interpret the reference.

SkiAdcock Aug 5, 2017 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 28649701)
I will accept the warning and conform going forward, but I have been posting in the dedicated thread where no one was this specific about the lounge.
Another point is that I did not know that "cocktail" hour means food as I do not drink alcohol and thus did not know how to interpret the reference.

Fair enough, but it's not the norm for folk to be that detailed in this thread & not everyone comes back to respond to questions. This wasn't directed towards you per se; as I mentioned, earlier we had people discussing rooms in this thread vs. a property thread, so it was more a generic suggestion. Enjoy your trip & I appreciate the updates you've provided for the sticky when you stay at properties.

Cheers.

vishalgupta22 Aug 6, 2017 11:50 am

Fremont / Marriott Silicon Valley / CLOSED Weekends, Holidays-New Years,Easter,Memorial Day,4th of July,Labor Day,Thanksgiving,Christmas;

Open for breakfast only on weekends; 4 computers in the lobby for guest use with attached printers; exec lounge CL has two computers;

Not accessible with key over weekends.

G/P get coupons for breakfast in restaurant for weekends. P get coupons for breakfast in restaurant for weekdays also.

Kids but allowed in buffet address of the lounge (not enforced). No free alcohol anyday /anytime

08/06/17

edwardchanchiwa Aug 8, 2017 9:38 pm

1) JW Marriott Singapore South Beach
2) OPEN; Brekkie in Lounge only; Afternoon tea available between 1430-1730
3) No access when the lounge is closed after midnight
4) Wifi available in lounge
5) 05/08/2018